InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Ricardo

Caption: A photo of Ricardo smiling and an illustration with the words ‘Ricardo Monjaraz,’ the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook, a magnifying glass, and a camera.Caption: A photo of Ricardo smiling and an illustration with the words ‘Ricardo Monjaraz,’ the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook, a magnifying glass, and a camera.

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet Ricardo (@LightRich). Ricardo lives in Mexico City and speaks Spanish and English.

Name: Ricardo Monjaraz

What I love about being a Local Guide: I've always loved maps, ever since the [time] the only maps around were those made of paper! A lot has happened since then, that’s why I [feel] like I should be a guide for others, and through Google Maps, I fulfill that role. The recommendations that we leave allow other people to make better decisions about the places worth visiting and the restaurants they must try. And we can even update the information on the map! It is an incredible way to contribute to our environment and our community. What more could we ask for?

IMG_3143.JPGIMG_3143.JPG

Why I’m a Connect Moderator: I really enjoy interacting with and learning from other people, and I think we all have a lot to share and talents to show. It is important to discover what makes each Local Guide special and channel it on Connect. As a Connect Moderator, [I can help] them learn how to contribute ideas, share stories, or create initiatives for the community.

My favorite things to explore: Cities and places full of history and restaurants that have open spaces, interesting views, and allow me to enjoy new flavors.

Ligh.jpgLigh.jpg

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: I like all the contributions that I can make on Google Maps, although I have photos the most. I enjoy adding new places because, that way, I help small businesses increase their reach. Editing information is also one of the things that I often do. 

Languages I read/speak/write fluently: Spanish and English

Places I’d like to visit: There are many places that I would like to visit, such as Venice, Florence (I can't wait to see Michelangelo's David with my own eyes), and Buenos Aires (the Local Guides community in Argentina has made me wish to visit that city). 

And there are many more to which I would like to return, like Rome, a city that I consider a true open-air museum; Toronto, whose marathon I could not run in 2020 due to the pandemic and still have pending; San Francisco; and a place that I consider super special in my country, Los Cabos. Culture, history, and physical activity—the perfect combination for me!

Caption: A photo of Ricardo running on a mountain ridge. (Courtesy of Local Guide @LightRich)Caption: A photo of Ricardo running on a mountain ridge. (Courtesy of Local Guide @LightRich)

Fun fact about me: For ten years now, running has been an important activity for me and a perfect excuse to travel. So far, I have finished 12 marathons in different cities around the world. I would also like to start [taking part in] triathlons, but there is a slight drawback… I can't swim!

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @LightRich. Say hi or ask him a question below as he has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Nyai in April 2021

Learn more about Sagir in March 2021

Learn more about Cecilia in February 2021

Learn more about Kashif in January 2021

Learn more about Feliciana in December 2020

Learn more about Megan in November 2020

Learn more about Penny in October 2020

Learn more about Alexandre in September 2020

Learn more about Shafiul in August 2020

Learn more about Jane in July 2020

Learn more about Luigi in June 2020

Learn more about Julien in May 2020

Learn more about Jan in April 2020

Learn more about Emeka in March 2020

Learn more about Omer in February 2020

Learn more about Sumaiya in January 2020

Learn more about Steve in December 2019

Learn more about Jordan in November 2019

Learn more about Torben in October 2019

Learn more about Hiroyuki in September 2019

Learn more about Jesi in August 2019

Learn more about Alejandra in June 2019 

Learn more about Adrian in May 2019 

Learn more about Gregg in January 2019

Learn more about Stephen in November 2018

Learn more about Paul in October 2018

Learn more about Sonia in August 2018

Learn more about Nunung in July 2018

Learn more about Shirley in June 2018

Learn more about Ilankovan in May 2018

Learn more about Farid in April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig in March 2018

Learn more about Karen in February 2018

Learn more about Ivan in January 2018

Learn more about Ermes in December 2017

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
52 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Ricardo

Hola @LightRich! Good to meet you even more with this interview from @InaS!  I know @ErmesT will be your Venice/Italy Local Guide for you! He has hosted @JaneBurunina @LuigiZ and @AlejandraMaria in his annual Italian wine weekend meetups near Venice.  He even knows where you can stay in Venice.  Luigi, I know is more than happy to show you around where he lives. 

As for swimming, I am sure you can find the right swim school on Google Maps if you look hard enough. 😉

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Wow Congratulations @LightRich , it's great to know more about you my friend 😍 I should follow you in your passion for running , because I badly need it 🤩

Thank you @InaS for Sharing 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

Hi @InaS 

Thanks for introducing with us a new Connect Moderator @LightRich !

Congratulations dear @LightRich for your great position!😍🎉🎈

Hope we get from you smart activities to enrich the Connect forum!

Keep up your running too!😂 

All the best and good luck for you Ricardo!💐 

MD MAHBUB HYDER
Connect Moderator

Glad to know more about you @LightRich 

Thanks @InaS for this post. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Maybe we can combine the wine meet-up with the Venice marathon, @LightRich , this year it will be October 24th. Treviso marathon, better know as Ombralonga (Ombra is how we call the glass of wine) has been cancelled for 2021, but a lot of Local Guides will be able to confirm that the wine meet-up is better, and I know that @KarenVChin (thanks for the tag) can't wait to come too, to explore my region.

What about Kitesurf instead? We have some wonderful schools here, and a post is coming soon for the happiness of @uavalentine 

DSC02206.jpgDSC02206.jpg

I lived in Rome 6 years, but we have a lot of wonderful guides that will be happy to meet you, Ricardo, even if I would love to go back to my second home and spend a few days in Buenos Aires with you and the wonderful Argentinian Community.

Great to know more about you, so thanks @InaS for sharing this wonderful post

Connect Moderator

@InaS Thanks for sharing this great post about Ricardo 

@LightRich Nunca es tarde para aprender a nadar, cuando quieras vamos al Nevado de Toluca, ¿Qué te parecen unas lecciones de nado en las lagunas del Sol y la Luna? ❄️🤣

Level 9

Congratulations @LightRich nice journey  @InaS thank you for sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

So wonderful to know more about you @LightRich! You finished 12 marathons in different cities and countries! Fantastic!

Glad to meet you on Connect and be a CM with you!

Thanks @InaS for this amazing post!

Level 7

Heartiest Congratulations to dear @LightRich 

Reaz

Bangladesh ❤️❤️🇧🇩🇧🇩