InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Megan

Caption: A photo of Megan smiling and an illustration with the words “Megan Coburn,” the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook, a magnifying glass, and a camera against a yellow background.Caption: A photo of Megan smiling and an illustration with the words “Megan Coburn,” the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook, a magnifying glass, and a camera against a yellow background.

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet Megan (@Kwiksatik). Megan lives in Seattle, Washington, and speaks English and some Spanish.

Name: Megan Coburn

What I love about being a Local Guide: Every time I contribute on Google Maps, I know I am helping others find the experiences, places, and information they need. This attitude of giving back is the source of the other thing I love - the amazing community of friends I've met through Local Guides, who are devoted to helping their communities grow and thrive through their own contributions.

Caption: A photo of Megan giving a speech during Connect Live 2019.Caption: A photo of Megan giving a speech during Connect Live 2019.

Why I’m a Connect Moderator: Every Local Guide contributes on Maps in their own unique way. I love learning and sharing about these ways so that everyone can have a richer Maps experience. I find a special joy in discovering the world through the eyes of my fellow Local Guides and encouraging them to share even more.

My favorite things to explore: Quiet downtown areas full of eccentric little shops, local eateries, and tiny hidden urban oases.

Caption: A GIF of Megan holding a puppy and laughing. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Kwiksatik)Caption: A GIF of Megan holding a puppy and laughing. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Kwiksatik)

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: Answering questions.

Languages I read/speak/write fluently: English (and some Spanish).

Places I’d like to visit: New Zealand and Australia. I love to visit places where I can wander in nature all day, building up an appetite for a delicious meal each night.

Fun fact about me: I won State Champion for Impromptu Speaking in high school.

Caption: A photo of Megan and fellow Local Guides playing around with an orange cutout van during a Connect Live event. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Kwiksatik)Caption: A photo of Megan and fellow Local Guides playing around with an orange cutout van during a Connect Live event. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Kwiksatik)

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @Kwiksatik. Say hi or ask her a question below as she has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Penny in October 2020

Learn more about Alexandre in September 2020

Learn more about Shafiul in August 2020

Learn more about Jane in July 2020

Learn more about Luigi in June 2020

Learn more about Julien in May 2020

Learn more about Jan in April 2020

Learn more about Emeka in March 2020

Learn more about Omer in February 2020

Learn more about Sumaiya in January 2020

Learn more about Steve in December 2019

Learn more about Jordan in November 2019

Learn more about Torben in October 2019

Learn more about Hiroyuki in September 2019

Learn more about Jesi in August 2019

Learn more about Alejandra in June 2019 

Learn more about Adrian in May 2019 

Learn more about Gregg in January 2019

Learn more about Stephen in November 2018

Learn more about Paul in October 2018

Learn more about Sonia in August 2018

Learn more about Nunung in July 2018

Learn more about Shirley in June 2018

Learn more about Farid in April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig in March 2018

Learn more about Karen in February 2018

Learn more about Ivan in January 2018

Learn more about Ermes in December 2017

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Seattle, WA, USA
48 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Megan

Yay my good mate @Kwiksatik I still learned from things from this - there is always something new about people you know, even when you know them pretty well :).

Thanks @InaS 

Paul

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing this awesome piece @InaS . I am so happy that I met @Kwiksatik in person during CL18 & CL19. She's got amazing personality , totally awesome and fun to be around. 

Connect Moderator

It's nice to read about you @Kwiksatik . Thanks for the post @InaS 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

@Kwiksatik Megan Coburn, before #statechallenge, we know her as an Accessibility Champion, a person with great information and dedication for Accessibility. But a lot of people including me, are now her fan, because of her great passion and unbelievable knowledge & incredible typing speed on keyboard😄The great initiative of #statechallenge gave us great insight regarding different states of America. 

Thank you @InaS for sharing about our beloved friend Megan Coburn.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Thanks @InaS , it´s great to know more about @Kwiksatik, I have attended to some of her virtual meet-ups and let me say she has a lot of experience to share with the community. That puppy GIF takes the post to the next level 🐶

Connect Moderator

Wow, great post @Kwiksatik, nice to read more about you and very happy of having you met in person last year 😘!

Btw now I'm curious about the Impromptu Speaking, were you given topics and you would argument about that? For how long? That's quite interesting 😊.

Thank you very much for the post @InaS!

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Connect Moderator

Yay! My good friend and fellow moderator @Kwiksatik who I had the pleasure of meeting in person at Connect Live 2018 & 2019.  The photo of us with the orange bus is one of my most favourite moments ever!

6D480DD4-310B-4B39-87FA-5491AB097FC4.jpeg

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much for the kind comments everyone! For the past few days I have beennon-location at Dry Tortuga's National Park. We are StreetView mapping! I can't wait to respond to what everyone has to say when I get back to the mainland!

Connect Moderator

Thanks @InaS for sharing this about @Kwiksatik !

It is very interesting to know more about a great Local Guide and Accesibility Champion as she is! 👏👏

If you want me to read your post or your comment, please tag me as @Cecilita so I can see it.

Buenos Aires, Argentina | Argentina Local Guides | My Google Maps
- New in Connect? Start Here!
- How to be more green? Click Here!
- Best Places to visit in Bs As: Click here!
- Social Media: Instagram | Twitter