InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Sumaiya

Caption: A photo of Sumaiya smiling with her thumbs up and an illustration with a light bulb, an email icon, a globe, a notebook, and a magnifying glass.Caption: A photo of Sumaiya smiling with her thumbs up and an illustration with a light bulb, an email icon, a globe, a notebook, and a magnifying glass.

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet @SumaiyaZafrin. She lives in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and speaks Bengali, English, Hindi, and can read Arabic.

Name: Sumaiya Zafrin Chowdhury

What I love about being a Local Guide: No matter where I am in the world, I just open my camera and start taking photos. I love to write informative reviews, meet with different people and get to know them. I’m very fond of traveling, taking photos, gossiping, painting, listening to music, and discovering new places. 

I use Google Maps almost every day. It’s a part of my life. I am a Master Photographer and a Master Trailblazer. Through my reviews and photos, people can learn more about a place or a business and I can encourage them to go there. Together with other Local Guides, I can do something positive for my community. That's why I’m proud to be a Local Guide. Local Guides are like my family!

Caption: A photo of Sumaiya posing in front of a Google sign with her hands up. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SumaiyaZafrinC)Caption: A photo of Sumaiya posing in front of a Google sign with her hands up. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SumaiyaZafrinC)

Why I’m a Connect Moderator: My husband @PavelSarwar introduced me to the Local Guides program back in 2015. I joined in March 2015, so I’m one of the very early users of Local Guides Connect. This is the best platform for me, where I can learn about different people, countries, cultures, and, of course, make new friends. It has been a privilege to help my fellow Local Guides. I spend a lot of time reading posts and trying to help make Connect a better place for all contributors. I try my best to encourage Local Guides to share their views and experiences

My favorite things to explore: Different natural and historical places.

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: I love to upload photos, write detailed reviews with relevant information, and add new places.

Caption: A photo of Sumaiya and her husband @PavelSarwar posing in front of an “I love Kuala Lumpur” sign. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SumaiyaZafrinC)Caption: A photo of Sumaiya and her husband @PavelSarwar posing in front of an “I love Kuala Lumpur” sign. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SumaiyaZafrinC)

Languages I read/speak/write fluently: Bengali is my native language. Our nation fought for its language. I can also read, speak, and write fluently in English. I can read Arabic and speak Hindi.

Places I’d like to visit: So many places! I can't enumerate them in a few sentences. I’d like to travel the whole world and I believe that one day my dream will come true.

Caption: A photo of Sumaiya sitting on a green field and looking at some mountains in the distance. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SumaiyaZafrinC)Caption: A photo of Sumaiya sitting on a green field and looking at some mountains in the distance. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SumaiyaZafrinC)

Fun fact about me: I am a curious individual who is passionate about entrepreneurship and helping women and the less fortunate. My motto is, “Never give up, travel the whole world, and live like a Local Guide!”

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @SumaiyaZafrin. Say hi or ask her a question below as she has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Steve in December 2019

Learn more about Jordan in November 2019

Learn more about Torben in October 2019

Learn more about Hiroyuki in September 2019

Learn more about Jesi in August 2019

Learn more about Alejandra in June 2019 

Learn more about Adrian in May 2019 

Learn more about Gregg in January 2019

Learn more about Stephen in November 2018

Learn more about Paul in October 2018

Learn more about Sonia in August 2018

Learn more about Nunung in July 2018

Learn more about Shirley in June 2018

Learn more about Farid in April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig in March 2018

Learn more about Karen in February 2018

Learn more about Ivan in January 2018

Learn more about Ermes in December 2017

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Dhaka, Bangladesh
99 comments
Level 10

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Sumaiya

Level 7

Congratulations, Best of Luck.

Arafat
Former Google Contributor

Bravo @SumaiyaZafrin! 👏👏👏

Keep up the good work 👍 😊 🤗

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Wonderful introduction @SumaiyaZafrin, thank you for sharing @InaS.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 8

Thanks for this introduction @InaS 
Welcome @SumaiyaZafrin 

Connect Moderator

Congratulations apu! You are one of the inspiring for me and other LGs in Bangladesh. 

Level 9

Level 8

Level 10

Hello @SumaiyaZafrinC

I would like to know in which country the picture was taken with coniferous forest.
I like mountains and forests.
Thank you very much.