StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Malaysia Local Guides Community #TeamMalaysia

Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia OfficeMalaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia Office

Malaysia is a country in South East Asia, located right in between Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines. Consisting of 2 main land masses, known as Peninsular Malaysia (West) and East Malaysia, Malaysia has 13 states (Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Perak, Kelantan, Trengganu, Pahang, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor, Sarawak, Sabah) and 3 Federal territories (Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Labuan). The capital of Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur, and most may know us via our iconic Petronas Twin Towers, currently the tallest twin buildings in the world. Our official national language is Bahasa Malaysia, and we are a country of diverse culture and ethnicity. In recent years, we have a growing family of foreign friends who live with us for education, work and business. Here all people live in peaceful harmony with strong friendship bonds where we celebrate multi cultural festivals from different ethnic groups, and showcase myriads of ethnic foods. This is our short story about our Local Guides community in Malaysia. 

Malaysia.jpg

When the Local Guides program was introduced many years back, we had 3 local communities serving different parts of the vast country. Since then, all have come together as a single united Malaysia Local Guides community. Our community includes and grows daily with new members of not only local Malaysians, but include many closest friends from other countries who live and work here, including (and not limited to) India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Australia and many others.

Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia OfficeMalaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia Office

Malaysia is a very popular tourist destination. And ranks one of the most visited places in South East Asia. With so many attractions, visitors can really find many interesting places to visit. With a fairly middle to low cost of living, it makes Malaysia one of the most alluring places to come to. Make plans to come visit us if not already.  Here are some of our members' write-ups in Connect showcasing a few of the many attractions in the country.

A few of our many write ups about places in Malaysia
001.jpg
and many more similar posts. Search on Connect for "Visit Malaysia"

With multi-ethnic communities, comes a wealth of different festivals and celebrations all year round. Visitors can look forward to colorful days almost every month of the year. With festivals, comes opportunities for sampling festive dishes and foods and also shopping! Here are some of our members' write-ups in Connect showcasing a few of the many festivals in the country.

A few of our many write ups about the many festivals in Malaysia
002.jpg
and many other similar posts. Search on Connect for "Malaysia Festivals"

Malaysia is also known widely as a travelers' food paradise. Anyone can find many regional, local foods that will entertain their taste buds. Each state and region may have different variations of cooking methods and food, but all come together as uniquely Malaysian. When visiting Malaysia, be adventurous with food, one may be rewarded with a unique gastronomic experience. Here are some of our members' write-ups in Connect showcasing a few of the myriads of food in the country.

A few of our many write ups about delicious food in Malaysia
003.jpg
and many other similar posts. Search on Connect for "Malaysia food"

Malaysia Local Guides community is very closely knitted. And we meet up at least once a month. At times, we may have multiple meets in a single month. There are always new places to visit and explore, new friends to meet, new food to try and new experiences to be obtained. As of 30 Sept 2019, the community has met up over 50 times. Here are some of our many recent meet-ups
005.jpg
and many many other similar posts.

Our community members are active participants in Connect. Sharing a few of the many posts shared by our community members, showcasing best of the country. 
006.jpg
and many other similar posts. Search on Connect for "Malaysia"

For Local Guides in Malaysia, do join our active community for events and meet-ups. And for our foreign friends, try to make a trip to visit the country we call home. Possibly the best way to contact our community is via Local Guides Connect, and also through our Facebook Community Group.

Join our temporary Google Hangout group to get connected to our larger community here in Malaysia.
Ending this short story of our Malaysia Local Guides community with a short community video.

#TeamMalaysia #MalaysiaLocalGuides #Malaysia #TeamChallenge #LocalGuidesConnect

Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
12 comments
Level 10

Re: Malaysia Local Guides Community #TeamMalaysia

Level 10

That is a very very brief note about the beautiful community. 

#TeamHyderabad Coming soon

@StephenAbraham 

Level 9

Thanks @StephenAbraham  bro for such a beautiful compilation of all our posts ?
I need more time to learn & read again the posts I've missed over the years.

Eid Gathering, Malaysia Local Guides 23-06-2018Eid Gathering, Malaysia Local Guides 23-06-2018

Aerial view, Masjid Al-Najihin, Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAerial view, Masjid Al-Najihin, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The 36 walk Meetup - Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia (from left akmal, saidul, me, dexter's gf, dexter & stephen)The 36 walk Meetup - Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia (from left akmal, saidul, me, dexter's gf, dexter & stephen)

The Local Guides pin travels with Stephen everywhere :)The Local Guides pin travels with Stephen everywhere ?

Shelfie Walk, From left to Right, Zul, Nabeel, Atiq, Myself, Akmal & StephenShelfie Walk, From left to Right, Zul, Nabeel, Atiq, Myself, Akmal & Stephen

Level 8

Dear @StephenAbraham , Thanks for Your Great and joyful experiences of - Malaysia Local Guides Community # Team Malaysia - Happy moments are sharing with us into the Local Guides. The photography is so.... amazing with colourful visions.

I really appreciate Yours talented and dedicated performances in this Field. 

My heartiest Best wishes to All  Malaysia Local Guides Community Team.

Congratulations 🎀

Connect Moderator

What an introduction of #TeamMalaysia@StephenAbraham 

So we have now 15 team on the #TeamChallenge

Can't wait to read the new post your team is preparing. Please make sure to tag me, I don't want to miss any post.

Welcome #TeamMalaysia

Level 10

HHooooo... dear friend... @StephenAbraham ...

Took half an hour to glance itself...

What a great post?????

Really wonderful....

Yes, really thanks goes to @ErmesT for throwing this challenge...

We are also getting ready with few MAJOR contributions from #TeamIndia.... Due to ONAM, there is a small delay...

However, here are few shots form my first trip to Malaysia, couple of years back....

Hope you all will like it...

A view from the Hotel, where we stayed.

Where we had some memorable Coffee!!

One more from Cameron...

Hi friends, hope you all will like these shots...

@Haseeb @NarenChandra @Premsekar @AdamGT @955HIRO @helga19 @GhazalaShah @C_T 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Sir @TravellerG 

Hello. Thank you for mentioning me. I am very honored. Your photo is very nice. The pictures of the river are very beautiful with the details resolved. The mountain photo shows fog and the gradation of the mountain and fog is very natural. Thank you for the wonderful photos. Regard

Hello everyone.!
My name is 955HIRO and I live in Tokyo, Japan. I would like to share photos of travel, customs unique to Japan, and Japan-specific matters with you all.
My hobbies are travel, gourmet, and car. If you have any questions or questions about Japan, I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Thank you very much.

こんにちは(^.^)
日本の東京に住む955HIROと申します。

旅行の写真、日本ならではの慣習、日本独特な事項などの写真をチームの皆様とシェアしていきたいと思っています。
趣味は旅行、食べ歩き、自動車など。

日本に関して何か疑問や質問がありましたら、分かる範囲でお答え致します。

宜しくお願いします!

My profile
Connect Moderator

Its really wonderful post  @StephenAbraham. You have a great active local guides community in Malaysia. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Wow! So much to read, learn, and see in this post. This is a great springboard to learn about Malaysia and the Local Guides contributing there, @StephenAbraham!

Thank you for the thoughtful work you did putting all this content together! Can't wait to see the upcoming Team Malaysia posts!

#TeamUSA USA | My Contributions | Instagram | @Mention me so I see your reply