StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Diwali celebrations and the main bazaar in Little India, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I am from Kuala Lumpur the capital of Malaysia. Here in Malaysia, about 10% of the population celebrate Diwali or better known here as Deepavali. In the city, the celebration centers around Little India in the Brickfields district. Google Maps location here. https://goo.gl/maps/yCK2xjWZzjs

Every year for Diwali, many shop owners and vendors set up many stalls along the streets of Little India selling all sorts of items for Diwali including clothes, footwear, decorations, food, sweets, fireworks, ornaments, etc.

Join me in my video tour with fellow Local Guides as we walk through the streets of Little India in Kuala Lumpur below, recorded on the 17th October 2017.

2 to 3 days before Diwali is the busiest time for Little India as many people converge here to buy all the necessary items for the festival. And it is also a time for meeting old friends and enjoying the sights and sounds of the entire area as it is lit up for the festival.
Here are some photos of the many items sold in the bazaar during the festival time.
And here I take the opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy, Bright and Blessed Diwali.

Flower and GarlandsFlower and GarlandsDecorationsDecorationsDecorationsDecorationsIndian SweetsIndian SweetsOrnaments and Fashion AccessoriesOrnaments and Fashion AccessoriesBalloonsBalloonsIndian SweetsIndian SweetsOrnaments and Fashion AccessoriesOrnaments and Fashion AccessoriesSnacksSnacksHouse decorative itemsHouse decorative itemsClothesClothes

@Sariga @AmithES@Shirni@JulienH@AnujDuggal@AslamMo@PavelSarwar@iDepp@Alam_Shaikh @AkmalB

Brickfields Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Diwali celebrations and the main bazaar in Little India, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi @StephenAbraham.

Wow beautiful photos and video for 

Diwali celebrations from little India Kuala Lumpur. 

I like the sweets photos did you try some Indian sweets? 

I never went there for busy schedule 

Thank you for share this beautiful moments with us.

@Haseeb check out this amazing tour from brick fields. 

Level 8

Re: Diwali celebrations and the main bazaar in Little India, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I wish I'm in KL during Diwali huhuhu. Little India in KL the ambiance so alive and I've been there couple times since near KL Sentral. Happy Diwali Folks
I was born and live in Jombang, East Java, Indonesia
Level 9

Little India doesn't seems like little anymore during this peak season of diwali, thanks @StephenAbraham for sharing 
Thanks bro @AkmalB for tagging me 🙂

Level 9

Great clicks @StephenAbraham these looks so good. Its good to see little India is now expanding to be Big India 😛 lol