StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up day @ Google Malaysia

Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia OfficeMalaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia Office

First and foremost, a very big thank you to Google Malaysia (Zeff, Nadia, Adib, Russell, Sabrina, Rajan and the rest of the team) for giving us Local Guides community in Malaysia, the opportunity to host a meet-up event within the Google office, and giving us the chance to learn and know about the local Google office and programs that run out of it and more. It was a priceless opportunity for the Malaysia Local Guides community, as most of us haven't visited any of Google's offices before. And for all of us, it has been such an exciting experience, being Local Guides and also big users of Google's many platforms, to finally come and visit the company ourselves. A biggest thank you again. 

Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day, 4th May 2019 (Saturday), 9am to 1pm

Google's office in Malaysia. https://goo.gl/maps/Q3BZttYKgLGYx2F3A

Level 20, Axiata Tower, KL Sentral.

02 Arrival.jpg

The day started early, as 22 of us, Local Guides in Malaysia, journeyed from different parts of the country to head to the center of Kuala Lumpur. A few had traveled over 350kms overnight on bus. A few came via long distance train journey of a few hours. The rest had arrived from different parts of the city. All of us congregating in the KL Sentral area where Google Malaysia's office is. There was so much of excitement from many days before the meet-up, and all of us could not wait for the day to start. For most of us, it was our first time visiting Google Malaysia's office, or any Google office. So, one could imagine the level of anticipation of what we will see in the company where so many products that drive our daily lives come from. Most of us had arrived near the area by 8.30am on the Saturday.

03 Badges.jpg

As we took the elevator up to the 20th floor, we were greeted by Google's security administrator and our event badges. We were finally here! Excitement overflowed. It's amazing how small things like this create so much of euphoria.

04 Arrivals.jpg

As our community members slowly trickled in, collected our badges, big smiles erupt from each face. Many of us know each other from the over 30 meet-ups we have had over the last 3 years. And it was just amazing meeting old friends again. And we also have many new first timers join our meet-up today as well. One thing is common, was the big smile on each face. A short greeting, creates friendships for life.

04a Google Malaysia visit.jpg

We as visitors to the Google office get access to the public area which include the arrival hall, the lounge, the cafeteria and the common rest and recreational area. As a small group of us arrived earlier, we had taken the opportunity to take some photos for our kind memories of the place, early in the morning. 

05 Intiail photos.jpg

And nothing was going to stop each of us taking lots of photos with the main Google signage at the arrival hall. We must have taken over 1000 photos among all of us. Here are just a very few selection of how proud we are as Google users and contributors.

07 Breakfast.jpg

Google Malaysia (another million thank you), had catered some light snacks and coffee for breakfast for our meet-up event, and it was a great time for us to quickly grab a bite and catch up with friends whom we have not met for some time, and also to welcome new comers who were joining our meet-up for the first time. So much joy can be felt reverberating through the area. All smiles and laughter. 

08 Google session.jpg

Soon, we had congregated into the main conference room in Google Malaysia, where the head of communications Zeff had introduced himself, and each of us likely. It was just such a friendly and warming atmosphere, like a big family reunion. As Zeff went on to share about the Google office and the many programs there, we were just absorbing the information and taking photos of ourselves and the event. One great thing that we all learnt was that we can all help and contribute more for the betterment of the society.

09 LG Session.jpg

A few of us also volunteered to share more about the community, programs and personal experiences. Stephen (myself), shared about our many wonderful meet-ups that our community had organized. Emily shared about her personal experiences on how she joined the Local Guides program and how she contributed a lot to the tourism of her local area. Kak Husniah shared about how she came to be a Local Guide and more. Nabeel shared about what he is doing to improve the community. And finally Pavel shared about his journey with Local Guides. 

10 Guided Tour.jpg

After a bit more discussion on future plans for the community, we 22 Malaysia Local Guides was given a wonderful tour of the public area of the Google office. We had the wonderful opportunity visit the recreational area, the many unique meeting rooms, the beautifully decorated hallways, the Google doodle wall and more. It was just such a great opportunity to take even more photos.

11 Photos.jpg

Between the 22 of us, we must have taken a few thousand photos. (We were mindful not to capture anything even remotely private). And each area that we walked through, it was just a photo fest. Such great excitement when a team of Google fans visit Google.

Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia OfficeMalaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia Office

Our group photo in the main conference room

Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia 2019Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up Day in Google Malaysia 2019

Our group photo in the main welcome lobby.

14 Lunch.jpg Our photo taking session went on for almost 20 minutes, before we relented and headed to the Google cafeteria. Google Malaysia had catered lunch for all of us (another million thank you). It was just timely for our meet-up to be just 2 days before Ramadan starts when fasting month for Muslims begin. The 22 of us were continually taking photos through out lunch. See all the wonderful smiles in each of our faces.

15 Lunch2.jpg

We had a good 30-45 minutes sitting with each other, chatting about our previous events and catching up with old friends, as we munched away at the nice food that Google Malaysia had catered for us. Our time spent together was just priceless.

Malaysia Local Guides sharing a wonderfult time together after our happiest meet-up ever.Malaysia Local Guides sharing a wonderfult time together after our happiest meet-up ever.

After lunch, we took a bit of time to just ensure we helped clean up the place, rearranged everything neatly and orderly as how it was before we arrived. Soon it was time to head off, and how fast time flies. 4 hours had passed and it was just over 1pm. We all said farewell to our hosts and promised that we will be back stronger and larger the next time round.

It has been such a wonderful experience for each and everyone of us in this meet-up. It gave us motivation that we will improve our quality of contributions and to help others learn more about the Local Guides program and other Google programs.

Watch our quick short video of a few of our photos.

Again, another big thank you to Google Malaysia for hosting our meet-up this time round. 

Special thanks to Zeff, Nadia, Adib, Russell, Sabrina, Rajan and the rest of the team.

Special thanks to our community members who made this incredible meet-up possible. 

Malaysia Local Guides
1. Stephen Abraham (@stephenabraham)
2. Lycoris Goh (@Lycoris94)
3. Emily Lowe (@Emily2U)
4. Wong Chee Weng (@Cweng)
5. Alsmie Alias (@AlsmieA)
6. Eugene Wong (@EugeneWong)
7. Shahril Affandi (@
8. Husniah binti Buang (@
9. Patrick Chuan (@
10. Jerry Song (@JerrySong)
11. Daniel Tang (@dantang)
12. Fikri Idris (@Mrspade85)
13. Akmal Bajwa (@AkmalB)
14. Pavel Sarwar (@PavelSarwar)
15. Syed Haseeb (@Haseeb)
16. Nabeel Tirmazi (@nabeeltirmazi)
17. Saidul Islam (@Saidulkarim)
18. Saqib Ali (@Saqis9966)
19. Ahmed Ali (@Jango17)
20. Gini Gangadharan (@Gini)
21. Premchand Mukkara (@Premchandmukkara)

Best regards

Steve

Just sharing as an addition to our media interviews by Google Malaysia @CharmN 

Google Malaysia, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
27 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up day @ Google Malaysia

Level 8

At first, I would like to say thanks to Google Malaysia, for giving us such an opportunity, also a big thanks  @StephenAbraham for hosting a great Meetup that an unforgettable trip to all of us.

Photo is shown, saidulkarim ,Stephen Abraham and a few more local guides(photo: credit Pavel Sarwar and Saidul Karim)Photo is shown, saidulkarim ,Stephen Abraham and a few more local guides(photo: credit Pavel Sarwar and Saidul Karim)

InShot_20190506_012153137.jpg

Level 10

It's amazing meet-ups ever @StephenAbraham .Everyone seems enthusiasm, happy and enjoying the meet-ups.  Thank you for share us your great unforgettable memories with Google Malaysia. 

Send my regards to all Malaysian LG,  hopefully we can make an meet-ups someday. 

Level 7

wonderful meetup @StephenAbraham  

Level 8

Big thanks to @StephenAbraham  for pulling all the stops to make this meet-up possible at Google Malaysia corporate office, no less! And of course, appreciation to Google Malaysia for opening their doors for us and making us feel welcomed. Really enjoyed this meet-up and forging new friendships with people of similar interests. Looking forward to the next already.

Updating social media accounts during breakfast time. Haha!Updating social media accounts during breakfast time. Haha!Updating social media accounts during breakfast time. Haha!Stephen Abraham makes an introduction.Stephen Abraham makes an introduction.Stephen Abraham makes an introduction.Google productsGoogle productsGoogle productsZeffri Yusof, Head of Communication Google Malaysia & South Asia.Zeffri Yusof, Head of Communication Google Malaysia & South Asia.Zeffri Yusof, Head of Communication Google Malaysia & South Asia.Q&A session.Q&A session.Q&A session.Stephen Abraham shares the background of Malaysia LG community.Stephen Abraham shares the background of Malaysia LG community.Stephen Abraham shares the background of Malaysia LG community.Kak Husniah shares her discovery of Google Local Guides programme.Kak Husniah shares her discovery of Google Local Guides programme.Kak Husniah shares her discovery of Google Local Guides programme.Wong Chee Weng adjusts his 360 camera.Wong Chee Weng adjusts his 360 camera.Wong Chee Weng adjusts his 360 camera.

------------
Ask me about IPOH | Blog | Instagram | Facebook
Level 8

For me it was a best Meet-up ever.  When I was asked to share the experience that time I was so full of emotions. Its a long journey with Google Local Guides program. I am contributing on Google Maps science Map Maker. So i have so many memories with Local Guides program. and relation with Malaysia Local Guides community its also almost two years. This month i moved in Malaysia and i got brother, mentor like @StephenAbraham and family member like others fellow of Malaysia Local Guides. For this awesome community members i never feel i am an expat in Malaysia. Love you all buddy's.

Visiting Malaysia Google office always fun for me. This time was more chilling bcz for my Local Guides family. 

This Boomerang for you all. 

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 9

wow wonderful meet up in google office in Malaysia @StephenAbraham thank you for sharing with us....

Connect Moderator

Wow... Its a awesome meetup @StephenAbraham  bhai. Thanks for sharing with us!

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Betreff: [Recap] Malaysia Local Guides Meet-Up day @ Google Malaysia

Hi @StephenAbraham and other Google Local Guides who participated in this meet-up, 

you had a very outstanding meet-up! 🤩 

Surely, the dream to visit a Google office came true for you. 🤩 

Congratulations to all of you that you had this opportunity and experienced this special meet-up in Google Malaysia. 🥳 👩🏻‍💻 🗺️ 

Many greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Chiara Maria Cervetta

Facebook|Twitter|Instagram