OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Weekend Escapes: Episode Air Terjun Junjong

Good day Local Guides

I am starting a new Episode called 'Weekend Escapes' and a new HashTag #WeekendEscapes to curate all the short casual weekend travel episodes. Being Local Guides, we all have few things in common

1. Love for nature
  2. Love to Travel
  3. Photography in our genes
  4. Willingness to help millions around the world with our honest reviews and quality contributions

The idea is to present and highlight the places near us that are beautiful, hidden and do not get that prominence on Google Maps as well as on other Travel Info platforms.  That way, we can present the casual unexplored, hidden gems of our neighborhood or perhaps our favorite town to our community and to the whole wide world. 

If you like the idea, please feel free to use the template at the bottom to come up with your travel episode that we would love to see

-------------------------------------A picture of Local Guide at Air Terjun Jungong waterfallA picture of Local Guide at Air Terjun Jungong waterfall

Episode Air Terjun Junjong

In Bahasa Malay language:

Air means water, Terjun means Jump and Junjong (ehhh, well, Google Translate struggles with it)

Place: Air, Terjun Junjong

Coordinates: 5.275,100.564

Parking Available: Yes

Paid Parking: Yes (RM1.50)

Entrance Fee: No

Accessibility Friendly: Partially, only the parking area

Category: Natural Waterfall

Famous for: A little unexplored and only famous in the local community for weekend escapes

Places of Attraction Nearby: Most prominent, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) Engineering Campus (24 Kms away)

A week ago, I was looking for places nearby on Google Maps, places that I could get too easily in short time and flee the stress to spend a day around nature. I have this love for exploring natural forests, waterfalls and hills around me and that was something I was looking for. A photo collage of Air Terjun JungongA photo collage of Air Terjun Jungong

I was strongly suggested by a Local to go see this place and to my surprise it did not appear on my Nearby places list on Google Maps. As I had a strong recommendation about this place and it did not appear on my Maps, the natural #LocalGuides instinct kicked in and I had to explore this place knowing that I might a chance to contribute to Maps. 

Back then, I had no idea I would start a new series of posts starting from this little unexplored gem, but that was exactly the point what made it happen in first place.

I started my journey from my campus (for those who don't know, I have left the corporate world and started my PhD 😛 ) and reached the place in almost 30 minutes. A screengrab of Google Maps that highlights the travel directionsA screengrab of Google Maps that highlights the travel directions

Kudos to Google Offline Maps as I had no network coverage but still managed to reach the location with no problems whatsoever.

The place is a hidden gem; natural waterfall hidden in lush green forest, green to the core and scenic to the extent I could see. 

One of the other cool things about this place was the natural water stream that flows in to a pool, which I enjoyed a lot

Here's a link to my Photo Album for you to enjoy this beautiful place.

I hope you enjoyed reading my short episode, can't wait to read yours.

cheers

-----------------------------------------

Place: 

Coordinates: 

Parking Available: 

Paid Parking: 

Entrance Fee: 

Accessibility Friendly: 

Category: 

Famous for: 

Places of Attraction Nearby: 

-----------------------------------

Kedah, Malaysia
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Weekend Escapes: Episode Air Terjun Junjong

This is a cool idea @OmerAli I wish you well with it.

Level 8

Great bro. Actually Air terjun meaning in malay is Waterfall. Junjong is that area name. In English is Junjong Waterfall. Great escape u had. 👍👍💝📸

Connect Moderator

Thanks for correcting me there @AlsmieA ♥

Level 7

hi Omerali!
I like your article, I find it great to emphasize our common feature.
Your episode is concise, but your highlight is good and says a lot.
Congratulations and good job 🙂

Georg Peter

Connect Moderator

Hello @OmerAli yes air terjun we called same name because in bahasa Indonesia also, air terjun