PavelSarwar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bengali New Year (Pahela Baishakh) Celebration in Kuala Lumpur

Dance performances by Bangladeshi StudentsDance performances by Bangladeshi StudentsPahela Baishakh: The celebration of Pohela Boishakh has become an integral part of Bangalis since it began over six centuries ago.  Pahela Baishakh meaning  first of Baishakh. Baishakh is the first month of Bangali calendar. The festival date is set according to the solar Bengali calendar as the first day of its first month Baishakh. In Bangali we called পহেলা বৈশাখ or বাংলা নববর্ষ.

Selfie with the houseful audience. Bangladeshi Celebrity  Habib Wahid performing on the Stage. He came from Bangladesh to perform this event.Selfie with the houseful audience. Bangladeshi Celebrity Habib Wahid performing on the Stage. He came from Bangladesh to perform this event.

It is celebrated on 14 April as a national holiday in Bangladesh. As an expat in Malayisa I always miss my culture, country festivals. Yesterday Bangladeshi Community ( Bangladesh Malaysia Forum Association) organised a daylong event for celebrate in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

It’s not a festival celebration but also a big get together for us. More than 2M Bangladeshi living in Malaysia. Saturday is the Weekly holidays in Malaysia. Because of that I have been able to join this celebration.Fashion Show with Bangladesh DressFashion Show with Bangladesh DressThe whole day event focused on projecting Bangladeshi Cultural program with traditional songs, Fashion Show, group music, Local Band performance and cultural dance performances, Food festival, Art Competition and Baishakhi Mela. There were few booths and among them few were selling Bangladeshi Foods.Different types of Bangladeshi sweetsDifferent types of Bangladeshi sweets

Bangladeshi pithaBangladeshi pitha

To know more about Bangladeshi Pitha, you may read my this post: Kuala Lumpur Pitha Fair

The program hall was amazingly decorated with many of the Bangladeshi traditional elements. The crowded audience was so startled by the beautiful performances. I enjoyed this programme. This is one of the best Bangladeshi get together.

Full album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/stbJbPvgKsRWp8ju7

Stay with Bangladesh wherever you are.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Bengali New Year (Pahela Baishakh) Celebration in Kuala Lumpur

You had a great time, Sorry I missed this program @PavelSarwar 

Thanks for sharing.

Level 8

@Saidulkarim Yesterday i missed you lot. If you also there, we can make more fun.

Level 8

Nice celebration. Awesome bro 😍

Thanks for sharing. The food look so delicious 😋

Level 8

@AlsmieA Thanks bro. 

Level 6

Pahela Baishakh,Nice program in Kuala Lumpur.

Connect Moderator

Really tremendous arrangement. Good to see Bangla New Year Celebration in Malaysia @PavelSarwar 

Connect Moderator

@PavelSarwar Completly feeling like Bangladesh. Nice photographs bro.Another segment of Live like a Local!

Level 8

@SumaiyaZafrin  Thanks. After Ramadan one more big event coming.

@ShafiulB Stay like a Bangladeshi anywhere you go. 

Level 7

Hello@PavelSarwar

Nice and interesting pics, enjoyed very well, thank you.

Best wishes.