ShafiulB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Map Accessibility, Virtual Meet Up Part-7

Hello! Local Guides, My dear fellows!

We know the present situation globally. Its an unwanted lockdown world, the time of Social Distancing, and staying only at home. 
In this situation, we are also facing to reduce mobility.  It needs Accessibility for all not only for the Disabled community. But if we think about after or before Covid -19, Accessibility needed for a special community or a certain group of people.
We did so many outdoor/offline Meet-Up for making aware of Accessibility before.
Right now its lockdown situation,  So we thought to arrange an Accessibility Meet Up Virtually to continue our series of knowledge sharing! 
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
This Meet Up is for all of us and for the present situation and the after Covid-19 situations.
Accessibility is missing everywhere right now. We are totally traveling online, scrolling social media, finding relevant helps to pass this time. 
So during this Virtual Meet-Ups, we discussed so many topics.  I showed via a presentation to the new Local Guides what are the Google Maps accessibility features. Why we should map accessibility as a Local Guide and Good citizen. 
Map Accessibility - Its a Local Guides campaign in Bangladesh to improve Google Maps Accessibility and improve disabled facilities in Bangladesh. Read more here
We discussed Accessibility for-
  • Lockdown people 
  • Mentally sick people
  • Disabled community
  • And differently able community.
We showed accessibility in-
  • Our neighborhood
  • Our cities,
  • Our own business facilities
  • Our own job places
  • Accessibility on Google Maps
  • Accessibility on Local Guides Connect forum.
Accessibility Champion @KashifMisidia  shared his journey with Google Maps accessibility. How he started and what he has done for this community and what he has achieved.  
Our brother @PavelSarwar  shared his thought for the Accessibility. Why it needs to mapping Accessibility. He also shared his future planning for Accessibility. 

@ShahMdSultan   Shared his involvement with Maps accessibility on Google Maps. He shared what are the benefits of Google Maps accessibility for the disabled community. 
@bdmafuz  @Farhan21 , @aukanamul11  shared their local Accessibility facilities and what they are working for. @SolaimanHossain  explained to us the current situation. Remind us that we also passing our time with reduced mobility due to COBID-19 outbreaks. 
Local Guide @SaifIS shared his Accessibility experienced and what he earned by joining some Virtual Accessibility Meet-Ups. 

@Saidulkarim  joined us from Malaysia and practically shared some Wheelchair accessibility places and parking. He introduced us to how developed countries make their way Accessible for all.

Finally, our special guest Md Hedaetul Aziz Munna joined us. A successful disabled and wheelchair user. As I introduced him to my previous post on Connect. He shared his journey with his Wheelchair. He appreciated our activities our Meet-Up for disabling community and Google Maps. He also wants to join us to improve wheelchair users' communication using technologies.
The message for the community from this Meet-Up was- together we can make the world more accessible. As a Good citizen, we should map Accessibility like other guiding. 
 Thanks also to @ShakilAK  @PritishB   and everyone for joining us in this Virtual Meet-Up of Accessibility.   

Keep supporting!
Happy Guiding!
Dhaka, Bangladesh
30 comments
Level 8

Re: [Recap] Map Accessibility, Virtual Meet Up Part-7

Thank you @ShafiulB for organizing such an impactful meet-up. Your work has really inspired me a lot and I have started contacting the authority of our institution to make our campus wheelchair accessible. Once the situation will be normal, I will start doing the same in my hometown, as it badly needs wheelchair accessible shops, offices, restaurants to make the life of the specially-abled persons easier.

Level 8

Hello@ShafiulB

Thank you very much for organizing such a meet up program. I hope you will organize more virtual meet up programs like this in the future. I have not been able to fully participate in your program due to discussions with family members. But as long as I was in your program, you gave us a lot of important information. I am very much happy for see my picture in the meet up  program. 

Best of luck in your future ❤️💕💕

Level 8

Hello@ShafiulB

Thank you very much for organizing such a meet up program. I hope you will organize more virtual meet up programs like this in the future. I have not been able to fully participate in your program due to discussions with family members. But as long as I was in your program, you gave us a lot of important information. I am very much happy for see my picture in the meet up  program. 

Best of luck in your future. 

Level 8

Thanks @ShafiulB for host this type of meetup. We learn many new things from this meetup. Specially our special guest Md Hedaetul Aziz told us his story and told us some inspirational word. He give thanks to all local guides who work for disabled and wheelchair user via Google Maps.

Level 8

Thanks @ShafiulB  vi for host this meetup. It was amazing meetup. I am proud to be part of this meetup.     

Thanking You
Anamul Hoque Rasel
Level 8

@ShafiulB Together we can make this world accessible for all.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @ShafiulB for inviting me for this great meetup. No doubt it was a great opportunity to explain my experience to fantastic people.

I would like to do this again and again.

Shukriya 🙏 for hosting a wonderful meetup for the people who really needs our help. 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

Ynt: [Recap] Map Accessibility, Virtual Meet Up Part-7

Hi @ShafiulB ,

Congrats on your meetup. It is great that you're paying attention to accessibility in your country 🙂

Turkish local guide living in Ontario, Canada

Follow me on Google MapsInstagram (Personal) | Instagram (Local Guides Turkey)  | Facebook  | Twitter | Youtube 

Level 8

হ্যালো @ShafiulB ! 

এমন একটি মিট-আপ হোস্ট করার জন্য আপনাকে অসংখ্য ধন্যবাদ। আপনি বিভিন্ন সময়ে বিভিন্ন ভাবে ডিজেবল মানুষদের  সম্পর্কে বলে আসছেন। এতে করে  তাদের প্রতি সহানুভূতিশীল মনোভাব গড়ে উঠবে এবং গাইডিং এর সময় হুইলচেয়ার অ্যাক্সেসিবিলিটি এর তথ্যটি নিশ্চিত করতে সকল লোকাল গাইডস উৎসাহী হবেন বলে মনে করি।

চালিয়ে যান। আপনার দীর্ঘায়ু কামনা করছি।

রামাদান মুবারাক!

Farhan Sadik