InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Kashif

Caption: A photo of Kashif smiling and an illustration with the words “Kashif Abdul Razzaq,” the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook, a magnifying glass, and a camera.Caption: A photo of Kashif smiling and an illustration with the words “Kashif Abdul Razzaq,” the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook, a magnifying glass, and a camera.

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet Kashif (@KashifMisidia). Kashif lives in Karachi, Pakistan, and speaks English, Urdu, Sindhi, Memon, and some Gujrati.

Name: Kashif Abdul Razzaq

What I love about being a Local Guide: As a Local Guide, I get the chance to express what's on my mind through my reviews, pictures, and other contributions on Google Maps, [as well as] Connect posts and knowledge sharing and other meet-ups in different cities. 

My skills took a huge boost after [I became] a Local Guide. It made me discover a hidden quality in myself, which is the teacher and writer's trait. This quality, apart from writing articles about the daily adventures of a Local Guide, also helps me to guide [others] and share the wisdom I have learned from my fellow Local Guides.

Another thing I was blessed with after becoming a Local Guide is valuable friends. Through the Local Guides program and especially through Local Guides Connect, I got [to know] hundreds of friends [from] around the world, some of whom are my best friends now.

IMG20200705105825-01.jpgIMG20200705105825-01.jpg

Why I’m a Connect Moderator: It has always been my utmost priority to welcome newcomers to Connect so that the new beginnings [turn into] cherishable [memories]! Connecting on this great forum and guiding [others] with my knowledge are some of the [things] I will keep doing for a long time.

I've always enjoyed keeping in touch with Local Guides through virtual and outdoor meet-ups and engaging the community in different useful initiatives, like the series of virtual accessibility meet-ups I hosted with @JaneBurunina. I intend to continue those efforts with all my passion.

My favorite things to explore: Exploring hidden gems, discovering historical sites that tell a city's history, hiking to see the most mesmerizing natural landscapes, tasting food at local [restaurants] and street stalls are a few of my hobbies.

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: I like to add new places. It's like creating something new on the map of the world for me. I love to guide people by adding photos, reviews, answering questions about places, and adding information regarding accessibility on Google maps.

Caption: A collage of nine photos showing Kashif with other Local Guides during different virtual and outdoor meet-ups. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Kashifmisidia)Caption: A collage of nine photos showing Kashif with other Local Guides during different virtual and outdoor meet-ups. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Kashifmisidia)

Languages I read/speak/write fluently: Urdu, English (I'm still improving my skills), Sindhi, Memon, and some Gujrati.

Places I’d like to visit: Europe is on my bucket list, along with the USA, Mexico, and India (my father's birthplace is in Gujarat).

Fun fact about me: Holding a mic and pretending to sing like an icon with myself being the backup singer, drummer, and sound effect producer altogether is one of my favorite things to do. I also try to cook some traditional dishes to hone my cooking skills. Doing impromptu photography is also one of my hobbies. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you can't blame me for trying to capture it!

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @KashifMisidia. Say hi or ask him a question below as he has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Feliciana in December 2020

Learn more about Megan in November 2020

Learn more about Penny in October 2020

Learn more about Alexandre in September 2020

Learn more about Shafiul in August 2020

Learn more about Jane in July 2020

Learn more about Luigi in June 2020

Learn more about Julien in May 2020

Learn more about Jan in April 2020

Learn more about Emeka in March 2020

Learn more about Omer in February 2020

Learn more about Sumaiya in January 2020

Learn more about Steve in December 2019

Learn more about Jordan in November 2019

Learn more about Hiroyuki in September 2019

Learn more about Jesi in August 2019

Learn more about Alejandra in June 2019 

Learn more about Adrian in May 2019 

Learn more about Gregg in January 2019

Learn more about Stephen in November 2018

Learn more about Paul in October 2018

Learn more about Sonia in August 2018

Learn more about Nunung in July 2018

Learn more about Shirley in June 2018

Learn more about Ilankovan in May 2018

Learn more about Farid in April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig in March 2018

Learn more about Karen in February 2018

Learn more about Ivan in January 2018

Learn more about Ermes in December 2017

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Karachi, Pakistan
123 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Kashif

Great post about a good friend, @InaS 

Even if we never met in person (due to some issue with visas) we have been virtually together in 2019.

Caption: a pin with the image of Kashif, and a key ring "from" Kashif - photo @ermestCaption: a pin with the image of Kashif, and a key ring "from" Kashif - photo @ermest

The pin with the image of Kashif, and a key ring "from" @KashifMisidia are always together on my backpack

Level 9

Congratulation again to @KashifMisidia vai

I glad to know more about you and also thank you @InaS  for sharing with us.

Connect Moderator

Wow!!!!  thanks a lot for such a wonderful post @InaS 

It's a greatest honor for me to be featured as a Connect Moderator on the forum where I started my journey as a Local Guide in May 2017. It was not even my dream, that's why today I m so much happy that I was reading this Post with wet eyes.

Thank you Local Guides Program, Thank you my Local Guides friends, Thank you Local Guides Connect.

A Big Shukriya ❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

Congrats once more @KashifMisidia vai. Waiting for more from you.

Thank you @InaS for sharing this with all of us. 

Stay safe and happy.

Have a great year ahead!

Level 8

I am very happy to see you here, in this post : Meet a Connect Moderator, thank you @InaS for posting details about @KashifMisidia .

Whenever I face some problems ( regarding Google Maps and connect forum) you help me with providing quality informations. 

More specifically, when I started  #AccessibleBengal campaign you supported me(from very first). Also,(I could remember) without any hesitation you joined with me virtually and inspired me a lot.

❤️ From me. Stay safe and always be happy. 🙏

================================

Accessibility Champion- Kalyan Pal 

Level 10

@InaS Thanks for sharing a post about a wonderful friend @KashifMisidia who is always willing to help everyone anytime. An amazing team member and model Local Guide for us all.

Level 8

Congratulations @KashifMisidia  for achieving this goal.

Muhammad Irfan
Level 6

Congratulations @KashifMisidia  you deserve more 

Level 5

Congrats Kashif Bhai.

#localGuidePakistan.