Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Ludwig Berndt

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me, moderating Connect side-by-side with Googlers to help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from our Connect Moderators. This month, meet @LudwigGermany from Germany.

Name: Ludwig Berndt

What I love about being a Local Guide: Life has many facets. I know it from my own family what it means to travel with small children or to live with a disability. When you're on the road, it's so great when you can build on the experience of Local Guides, whether you're travelling or exploring your area. As a Local Guide you can see the whole diversity of life and be a great help to others.

Why I'm a Connect Moderator: I am involved in the Local Guides program from the beginning. For a long time I was a Google+ community moderator in the region and I actively promoted Local Guides in German-speaking countries. I am happy to see how the community is developing and I have made many friends all over the world. I don't want to keep my experience to myself, but rather help other Local Guides to find their way around and grow.

My favorite [place/thing/cuisine/other] to explore: I love being outdoors in nature. I love hiking in national parks, forests and mountains. Unfortunately, I rarely get to take a whole weekend off and go on a short trip with my family.

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: Actually, I love all kinds of contributions. I like to take photos, answer all sorts of questions, add a lot of new places to the map or add missing information. I want to help others with detailed reviews.

Languages I read/write/speak fluently: My mother tongue is German and I speak English every day at work. At school I learned Russian for 8 years, but I don't know anything about it anymore.

Places I'd like to visit: I used to travel extensively throughout Europe, North America and Asia. I found the Asian culture most interesting. That's why I would like to get to know more of Asia or fill my blank spots on the map and explore South America, Africa or Australia.

Fun fact about me: With technical toys, the child in the man awakens in me. I am particularly interested in new perspectives of photography. I am always in favour of trying something new. At home I have drones, a 360 degree camera and various photo equipment. When I have enough

time, I can spend hours taking the perfect photo.

Last week I achieved my SVT badge. That was my target for the beginning of this year, and I made it!

Ludwig with a huge balloon at the Local Guides Summit - September 2016Ludwig with a huge balloon at the Local Guides Summit - September 2016

Ludwig hiking in the woods of Allgäu, Germany, on trip with his family - summer 2017Ludwig hiking in the woods of Allgäu, Germany, on trip with his family - summer 2017

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @LudwigGermany. Say hi or ask him a question below as he has a lot to share about Google Maps and maps in general.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.Interested in learning about other Connect Moderators? Read:

Nuremberg, Germany
113 comments
Level 10

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Ludwig Berndt

Congratulations Mr  @LudwigGermany virtually a token of love for you 17621957_1734390983241386_8048176142592518829_o.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Hi @LudwigGermany! Nice to know more about you, it's a long time we are in the program, and it's always good to learn more from a collegue LG! 🙂

Thanks for sharing @Atsukot

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Atsukot for getting this online!

And @All LocalGuides I am proud to be your Connect moderator!

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Former Google Contributor

Thank you so much @LudwigGermany, let us introduce you to the Connect community!

Connect Moderator

Hi @LudwigGermany

Nice to see you featured here today.

We probability discovered each other recently, but we started immediately to work together in a wonderful way.

Nice to know more about you

Ermes

Level 8

Level 9

Hi @LudwigGermany!

Thank you to know more about you, it's nice to learn and meet you from LG.

Thanks for sharing @Atsukot

Marco Massi
Connect Moderator

This is a very wonderful to have you @LudwigGermany in connect. Congratulations for your SVT badge! Thanks for sharing @Atsukot 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides