InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Emeka

Caption: A photo of Emeka wearing a Local Guides t-shirt, and an illustration with a light bulb, an email, a globe, a notebook, and a magnifying glass.Caption: A photo of Emeka wearing a Local Guides t-shirt, and an illustration with a light bulb, an email, a globe, a notebook, and a magnifying glass.

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet Emeka (@EmekaUlor). Emeka lives in Lagos, Nigeria, and speaks English, Igbo, Hausa, and some Yoruba.

Name: Emeka Ulor

What I love about being a Local Guide: Local Guides have a special place in my heart. The program has given me the opportunity to meet exceptional people from various backgrounds and cultures. I have made friends and partners, too. 

Getting to map new places when I travel around the country makes me feel like a genie. Just a few days ago, someone called me to say "thank you" for a 360-degree photo I added to their place. Without mincing words, the Local Guides program has been a blessing to me.

Caption: A selfie of Emeka and other Local Guides wearing life vests, and smiling and posing for the camera. (Courtesy of Local Guide @EmekaUlor)Caption: A selfie of Emeka and other Local Guides wearing life vests, and smiling and posing for the camera. (Courtesy of Local Guide @EmekaUlor)

Why I’m a Connect Moderator: I talk to people about Google Maps and the Local Guides program online and offline. It's interesting to have people ask me questions about the program or Connect, and I try to help as much as possible because I got significant support from some great Local Guides when I first joined Connect. I feel fulfilled when I lend a hand.

Caption: A selfie of Emeka with Hiroyuki and his family, smiling for the camera. (Courtesy of Local Guide @EmekaUlor)Caption: A selfie of Emeka with Hiroyuki and his family, smiling for the camera. (Courtesy of Local Guide @EmekaUlor)

My favorite things to explore: Natural places with great aesthetics pique my curiosity. I love gardens, parks, and beaches. I like to explore everything, especially new things and places.

Caption: A collage of photos captured during different meet-ups, showing Emeka and other Local Guides. (Courtesy of Local Guide @EmekaUlor)Caption: A collage of photos captured during different meet-ups, showing Emeka and other Local Guides. (Courtesy of Local Guide @EmekaUlor)

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: I like taking 360-degree and Street View images. I also love to check facts and uncover missing information when I can. Adding photos, editing, and writing reviews are like a natural act now. My eyes are always searching for accessibility features like ramps, parking signs, step-free entrances, wide doors, and more.

Languages I read/speak/write fluently: English, Igbo, Hausa, and some Yoruba. These are three major Nigerian languages.

Places I’d like to visit: The world is now a global village, and I wish to visit everywhere. That may not be feasible, but I like to visit places that will leave me with memories of history, nature, culture, and people. I want to visit Zanzibar, Malaysia, India, Japan, Australia, Brazil, and all of Europe.

Caption: A collage of selfies of Emeka posing in front of  a statue. (Courtesy of Local Guide @EmekaUlor)Caption: A collage of selfies of Emeka posing in front of a statue. (Courtesy of Local Guide @EmekaUlor)

Fun fact about me: My last name can be translated as “house” or “home.”

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @EmekaUlor. Say hi or ask him a question below as he has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Omer in February 2020

Learn more about Sumaiya in January 2020

Learn more about Steve in December 2019

Learn more about Jordan in November 2019

Learn more about Torben in October 2019

Learn more about Hiroyuki in September 2019

Learn more about Jesi in August 2019

Learn more about Alejandra in June 2019 

Learn more about Adrian in May 2019 

Learn more about Gregg in January 2019

Learn more about Stephen in November 2018

Learn more about Paul in October 2018

Learn more about Sonia in August 2018

Learn more about Nunung in July 2018

Learn more about Shirley in June 2018

Learn more about Farid in April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig in March 2018

Learn more about Karen in February 2018

Learn more about Ivan in January 2018

Learn more about Ermes in December 2017

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
105 comments
Level 9

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Emeka

Hi @InaS thank for sharing more about Emeka, he is such an active local guide in Nigeria, he is not a private person and he enjoys talking and sharing with people. When it comes to hosting meetups, they have a great community of local guides there and they always encourage me to do the same here in South Africa. Cheers!

Level 9

Nice to know you a little bit more, @EmekaUlor . Nice story.

Thanks for writing this article, @InaS . It's always nice to know about the Moderators ☺☺@@

Level 9

Hi @EmekaUlor , Congratulations 🎉 Happy to know about you from this beautiful community. 

Hello @InaS , thank you for letting us know the news.

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Connect Moderator

Thanks @InaS for sharing!

@EmekaUlor one of the best active Local Guides and mutual person. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Hi @EmekaUlor , Great to know more about you. I didn't know that Ulor translates to House. 🙂 Keep making us proud.

Also, I'd love to invite you to Bangladesh and meet us. I am sure you will like it. 

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Level 10

Hi @InaS 

Thanks for sharing amasing things about this dude, Emeka. He is really a true Local Guides. He is an example of what Local Guides is all about👍

Level 6

Very good to know more about you. I missed a meetup with u in when I was in lagos, I hope to meet u in person when am in lagos again and learn more on how to be a good local guilde 

Level 7

Thank you for been an inspiration for us, @emeka this have giving me confidence that with hard work I could also be recognized as a moderator.. as a Nigerian in even more proud, hope to see you soon

Connect Moderator

No doubt @EmekaUlor is great Guide.

Thanks for sharing with us @InaS 

Regards 

Sagir 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve