InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Jesi

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet @Jesi. Jesi lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and speaks both Spanish and English. Jesi loves helping other Local Guides through her contributions on Google Maps.

Name: Jesica

What I love about being a Local Guide: Contributing on Maps helps a lot of people, all kinds of contributions about every topic and made with all amounts of effort to help someone in some way. As you contribute, you can get to know your area better, and thanks to Connect you can feel as if you know places that you've never been while getting to know other people and their cultures. Through meet-ups, you can have many of these things at once, getting to know Local Guides from your area while having fun contributing. I love everything about being a Local Guide!

Caption: A photo of Connect Moderator @Jesi holding an orange flag with the words “Local Guides.” (Courtesy of Local Guide @Jesi)Caption: A photo of Connect Moderator @Jesi holding an orange flag with the words “Local Guides.” (Courtesy of Local Guide @Jesi)

Why I’m a Connect Moderator: I had been a Local Guide for a long time before discovering Connect, and it truly felt like I had been missing a huge part of the program once I realized how wonderful it is. I love learning so much about the world in every post, as well as getting to know Local Guides from all kinds of places. Since day one, I found a great community of helpful, supportive people here. I want to help make sure others see Connect as the great place it is, and just like it was done for me, I want to help everyone be comfortable here and understand how it all works, answering their questions to the best of my knowledge, all while helping Connect fulfill its great potential.

My favorite things to explore: I love trying out restaurants that offer unique dishes. Being a Local Guide has encouraged me to try new restaurants and different kinds of dishes, and I end up loving them! I also feel very happy when I go somewhere and notice that it is accessible, so I would say that I enjoy exploring accessible restaurants the most.

Caption: A photo of Connect Moderator @Jesi holding a camera and looking over a lively street and the Obelisk of Buenos Aires. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Jesi)Caption: A photo of Connect Moderator @Jesi holding a camera and looking over a lively street and the Obelisk of Buenos Aires. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Jesi)

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: My favorite type of contribution is uploading photos, as it is one of the things I like checking out first for places I'm interested in. I also really like adding accessibility info in all sorts of contributions, editing places, adding and editing info, and adding missing places as well as suggesting the removal of duplicates and places that don't really exist.

Languages I read/speak/write fluently: Spanish and English. My native language is Spanish and I learned British English, but I have also watched lots of TV shows and movies from the US, so now I have a weird mix going on. Don't be surprised if you read something I wrote with a phrase used in the US and also see the British spelling of a word in the same sentence. I'm also currently slowly learning German. Even though I am far from being fluent, I enjoy reading the posts in German and trying to understand them.

Caption: A photo of Connect Moderator @Jesi holding a camera and posing in front of the Obelisk of Buenos Aires. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Jesi)Caption: A photo of Connect Moderator @Jesi holding a camera and posing in front of the Obelisk of Buenos Aires. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Jesi)

Places I’d like to visit: I'd like to visit every spot in the world, but I tend to be most interested in places whose cultures I find intriguing and their food also seems to be a big factor. Some of the places I would most like to visit are Italy, Mexico, South Korea, and Japan. Hawaii has also entered the list after I read a post about their interesting culture and delicious looking food. I really like Canada even though I have never visited it. Snow, ketchup flavoured fries, poutine, maple taffy, AND the Canadians stereotype is that they are very nice! It seems like a great country and I would really love to visit it one day.

Fun fact about me: I already used Maps more than most before becoming a Local Guide. The main reason is that my sense of direction is really bad. It isn't rare to see me checking Maps many times during the meet-ups I host to make sure we are going the right way. I love planning all my trips, and creating lists and MyMaps have always been one of the things I have always done before a trip.

----------------------------------

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @Jesi. Say hi or ask her a question below as she has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Alejandra in June 2019 

Learn more about Adrian in May 2019 

Learn more about Gregg in January 2019

Learn more about Stephen in November 2018

Learn more about Paul in October 2018

Learn more about Sonia in August 2018

Learn more about Nunung in July 2018

Learn more about Shirley in June 2018

Learn more about Farid in April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig in March 2018

Learn more about Karen in February 2018

Learn more about Ivan in January 2018

Learn more about Ermes in December 2017

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
91 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Jesi

Hola @Jesi , and thank you @InaS for letting us know more about the newest and youngest Connect Moderator.

The world is beautiful to explore, and I am glad that you have my country on the first place.

It has been great to chat with you when you joined Connect, and we will be happy to guide you through my country. #TeamItaly is waiting for you to come, isn't it @manulele81 , @LuigiZ , @Matt95Bassett (just to mention a few)?

I wish you all the best in your Connect Moderator experience.

Next step San Jose, where @KarenVChin and all us are waiting for your, for a big hug.

Good morning with a smile, @Jesi 

Level 8

@ErmesT absolutely yes, I think that all of us at #TeamItaly 🇮🇹 will be very happy if you were to come to Italy! Hospitality is always guaranteed by us. @InaS thank you so much for the beautiful and descriptive post and congratulations again @Jesi for becoming the youngest moderator, you are doing a great job! It will be an honor for me to meet everyone in San Jose 😉

"I continually seek quality before quantity in my contributions, and in my life, to provide really useful and interesting information with the addition of my personal opinion"

IG PERSONAL ACCOUNT

IG HOBBY ACCOUNT

Risultati immagini per GIF LOGO INSTAGRAM

Risultati immagini per GIF SARDEGNA

Level 9

Thank you @InaS for your post.,it is onteresting more about nice girl from Argentina @Jesi 

My congratulayions dear Jesica!

She is very kind,nice,polite and girl of gtrat personality.

She is sociable,energetiticand very pleasant person.

She was the first local guide,who has communicate with me in Instagram,YouTube since 2018.

I like always share with her interedting photos in Instagram and video in YouTube.

Dear @Jesi I wish you great success,enthusiasm,energy,be always curious to knowledge .,new exploration and made great contribute to Google Maps,your knowledge,your main work.

Connect Moderator

Grand to learn a little more about you @Jesi you're always so understated and quiet - looking forward to meeting in person again in November.

Paul

Connect Moderator

Hello @Jesi ! And thank you for introducing her! @InaS 

I'm happy to work together with you as a moderator. Your comments are kind and motivate all of us all the time:-)

Thank you!

Level 9

Thank you @InaS for sharing this information about our moderator @Jesi to me moderators and Googlers you are all like guardians for the community, and I am happy to see the family growing each and every day. More Guardians we have, the easier it will be to reduce workload for each moderator. 

Level 9

Just want to say "hi" to @Jesi @ . Nice motivation to be a Local Guides.

And thank you to @InaS for sharing this story.

Btw, I think at the last paragraph of this post you've mistaken to tag Jesi, instead, for this month Connect Moderator profile. Thank you 🙂

Level 8

@InaS Thank you for introducing a new Connect Moderator to us. It is nice to get to know you more, @Jesi . Thank you for always encouraging us. 🙂

Level 10

@Jesi is one of the kindest Connect moderators. Happy to have her in Connect.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides