ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Accessible Life - Public for Everyone

This is a great and important moment for me: Years of preparation, to finally be able to go live and to present publicly with what I consider my most important project: Accessible Life

First of all I wants to thanks @KarenVChin , @LightRich , @Jesi , @LaloPadilla and @JaneBurunina , for the help they gave me during the presentation, and for wanting to test the project first. Honestly, I was extremely nervous, reluctant to show to the world my baby, thinking that it was not ready, not good enough, with mistakes.

Karen, Riccardo, Jesi and Jane helped me to overcome my doubts and fears, and they did it in a superlative way. Surprisingly, Lalo started working on a beautiful Accessible Place, and so did Riccardo. This reassured me a lot that yes, it could be done, it was possible to do it and it wasn't difficult to do.

Accessible Life is public.png

Thanks to everyone who wanted to join the live streaming, and of course thanks to everyone who wanted to drop a comment. We had a lot of comment, a lot of encouragement, even if only a few questions. But we had some question in the form, from @SilvyC , from @LaloPadilla and @RosyKohli , and we wanted to respond to them, as you can see in the video.

During the presentation we wanted to give to everyone a general view of the project, a project that now you can explore by yourself. Don't be surprised if some of the place is "work in progress". This project is very dynamic, and is evolving day by day

Here is the link to ➡️ Accessible Life ⬅️. Feel free to explore and to drop a comment, or to write your questions here.

First time in Google Earth? This is not a problem. Click on the photo on the Top Right corner on the screen to access to the "Navigation Guide

Caption: a screen of the Navigation Guide of Accessible Life in Google EarthCaption: a screen of the Navigation Guide of Accessible Life in Google Earth

Do you want to add an Accessible Outdoor Place to Accessible Life? Click on this link: Accessible Life in Google Earth - Application form 

We will contact you, and we will provide a full set of tools

Caption: an image of the Accessible Life Project with displayed the tools for creating your own Accessible outdoor place in Google my-MapsCaption: an image of the Accessible Life Project with displayed the tools for creating your own Accessible outdoor place in Google my-Maps

I want to thank everyone who wanted to comment live during the presentation, you warmed our heart.

Feel free to comment and to ask, I will be happy to respond to everyone.

We will host meet-ups about Accessible Life in Google Earth the next weeks, focused in how to contribute.

Wants to challenge yourself being the first to contribute in your area?

Just let me know, I will be happy to add your contributions in the Accessible Life Project

Treviso, Province of Treviso, Italy
37 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Accessible Life - Public for Everyone

Congratulations for launching your project @ErmesT , I'm sure that it will be a tremendous success and it will raise awareness

And as you said in the live stream, I hope that in a future a lot of Local Guides upload so many maps that you don't have the time to add them! 😂

Thanks for including me as a guest and for letting me see your project.

Level 9

Le deseo buen éxito al nuevo proyecto sobre accesibilidad en Google Earth, mi estimado @ErmesT . Me perdí la anterior reunión virtual; así que espero participar en alguna de las próximas reuniones. 

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

I hope so, @LaloPadilla , I hope so, not for me, but for the function of the project itself.

You fully deserved the right to be live, Lalo, and I have seen a great group of supporters from Mexico and all Latino America, including my great friend @Imperiospice (Me muero por encontrarla de nuevo - she knows what I mean 🤗) . The flow of Comments in Facebook (and on my broadcast screen) was absolutely impressive 

ermest_0-1618174544117.png

I will be happy to join Team Tacos for another presentation

Connect Moderator

Google Moderator

Congratulations, @ErmesT, this is wonderful news! We've been following the development of the project closely on Connect, and it's fantastic to see that it's all come to fruition.

I really enjoyed watching the conversation you had with Jesi, Jane, Karen, Lalo, and Ricardo, and I'm happy that you gave in to their encouragement to share your project, despite thinking it wasn't ready. Amazing effort!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT I'm happy that it went so well, and that your work is finally public to everyone. Thank you for inviting me, I will definitely be up for any future meet-ups 😁

I've been thinking of places I could add to the project, and I think I have the perfect one to start! Argentina will soon have it's place on the project 🇦🇷

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much for your words, and for your continue attention to the loooong evolution of the project, @DeniGu 

Your feedback is very important for me, first of all because you were in San Jose with us, and in San Jose I shared for the first time my idea with Sasha.

Yes, they encouraged me a lot. This project is my baby, and in my mind will never be ready to walk alone in the world.

The "Support Group" was amazing, they knew I was scared, and with a lot of command in my screen (as I was managing the broadcast studio too).

But the most incredible thing was to see the flow of comments coming up on the Social Media, from all over the world. Everything was very warm and friendly so I am sure next time will be better and better and, well, the baby will be able to walk alone

End screen.PNG

Google Moderator

This project really is your baby @ErmesT, but seeing the love and passion with which you pursue it and talk about it, I'm certain that it will not only walk on its own one day, but also run and talk and grow! 😊 I'm looking forward to all these exciting moments!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@ErmesT Congratulations on the amazing project !