LaloPadilla's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Aztlán 360:The new Mexico City’s Ferris Wheel 🎡

Caption: Animated GIF of a drone shot of the ferris wheel at sunset by LaloPadillaCaption: Animated GIF of a drone shot of the ferris wheel at sunset by LaloPadilla

Mexico City has a new icon in its skyline, the new ferris wheel called “Aztlán 360” it opened last week and you can visit it inside the new Aztlan Urban Park, it is a theme park located in Chapultepec.

Standing tall amidst the trees of Chapultepec, this ferris wheel offers a unique view of the entire theme park as well as a 360° view of the city where you can recognize a lot of different buildings and important places of Mexico City. 

Caption: (Left) Photo of the ferris wheel taken from the bottom, (Right) side shot of the ferris wheel where the capsules are on top of eachother. By LaloPadillaCaption: (Left) Photo of the ferris wheel taken from the bottom, (Right) side shot of the ferris wheel where the capsules are on top of eachother. By LaloPadilla

The moment you enter the line you can see a lot of infographics and videos about Mexico City’s history, as the queue was small we didn´t had a chance to stay for long there reading everything, but it is a great way to not get bored while you are waiting, and here is where a lot of people understand the meaning of the name “Aztlán” which was the place where Aztecs departed searching for a better place to live , they arrived to a place and saw an eagle devouring a snake, this was the sign that their god had given to them, they founded Tenochtitlan (nowadays Mexico City). If you want to learn more about this you can read my post Mexico 101: Introduction to Mexico.

Caption: Photo of the infographics, showing information about Mexico CityCaption: Photo of the infographics, showing information about Mexico City

There is also a comparison with other Mexico City landmarks 

Caption: Infographic with the icons of CDMX and their height compared to Aztlán 360.Caption: Infographic with the icons of CDMX and their height compared to Aztlán 360.

Once you have arrived at the end you can see the ferris wheel from the bottom and that's when you realize the size of it, it is 85 meters tall and has 40 capsules.

As you make your way through the line, you can get inside the capsules, something I noticed right away was that it is accessible for wheelchair users, there is a ramp and an elevator so everyone can get in on the fun!  The moment you are inside the capsule, staff members will give you instructions about the buttons on the ceiling, you can control light, air conditioning and even play music by pairing your smartphone with the bluetooth speakers, to make your experience even better with your favourite songs, it takes between 15 and 20 minutes to complete the rotation so you can easily enjoy 3 to 5 songs, choose wisely.

**Cápsulas y accesibilidad

Caption: Photos showing the ramp and elevator for wheelchair usersCaption: Photos showing the ramp and elevator for wheelchair users

We visited this park last week and  if you want to know more about it I here is the Recap Meet-up Aztlán  . In the capsule there is space for up to 6 people, @Imperiospice , her sons, @im-will  and I were together in a capsule . We enjoyed the panoramic view, starting with the Lake of Chapultepec that is decorated with the purple tones of the jacaranda trees, you could also see the flag in Campo Marte.

Photo of Chapultepec lake surrounded by trees and buildings in the horizon , by ImperiospicePhoto of Chapultepec lake surrounded by trees and buildings in the horizon , by Imperiospice

Caption: Photo of the Mexican flag located in Campo MarteCaption: Photo of the Mexican flag located in Campo Marte

In the other capsule were @LightRich , @luisarizamx , @luis_rich , Liz and  and of course we took photos of the other capsule.

Caption: Photo of the capsules with us inside themCaption: Photo of the capsules with us inside them

As we went higher more places were visible (despite the smog) like Chapultepec Castle, the towering skyscrapers of Paseo de la Reforma and even the Angel of Independence was visible between them, other important buildings like the World Trade Center Mexico City, which has the largest revolving restaurant, check my post here.

Caption: Photo of Paseo de la Reforma skyscrapers seen from Aztlán 360Caption: Photo of Paseo de la Reforma skyscrapers seen from Aztlán 360

Caption: Photo of the park from the top, some buildings in the horizon, on the left side the silhouette of the WTC Mexico CityCaption: Photo of the park from the top, some buildings in the horizon, on the left side the silhouette of the WTC Mexico City

The entrance to the park is free but each attraction has different prices, “Aztlán 360” costs $120 MXN, around $7 USD. I liked the view and this attraction in general, I’m sure that it will be a better experience with a clear sky or even at night. 

Do you like to see cities from observation decks or high places?

Mexico City, CDMX, México
24 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Aztlán 360:The new Mexico City’s Ferris Wheel 🎡

@LaloPadilla 

Dieses Riesenrad in wirklich eine Attraktion und für die Länge der Fahrt auch nicht zu teuer. 

Ansonsten sehr interessant beschrieben und zu ihrem anderen Artikel werde ich später noch mal verzweigen.

An Geschichten der Mayas und Inkas war und bin ich immer interessiert 

Level 8

Re: Aztlán 360:The new Mexico City’s Ferris Wheel 🎡

Es una bonita experiencia y un parque de diversiones que hará pasar un rato agradable con la familia, sobre todo la rueda de la fortuna que te permite tener una vista impresionante de esta parte de la ciudad. Por otra parte, esta visita me permitió conocer a @LaloPadilla @LightRich @Imperiospice @im-will y @luisarizamx quienes se portaron muy amables e hicieron una estancia en la CDMX más agradable. 

#TeamTacos #Aztlan #CDMX

Collector of moments, stories and circumstances
Connect Moderator

That's awesome post @LaloPadilla ,

The view of whole Mexico city from Aztlan 360, must be interesting.

Tagging here my friend @MariaTVP  from Mexico, I hope she will also love to read your article 🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

This Ferris wheel looks huge @LaloPadilla.

The capsules are amazing too!

I especially notice the large flag in the background 🇲🇽

Connect Moderator

Danke @Annaelisa , die Wahrheit ist, dass der Preis sehr gut ist.
Mexiko hat viel Geschichte, mit den Mayas und Mexicas ist es sehr interessant, alles über die Kultur zu erfahren

Level 9

@LaloPadilla auch wenn ich den Süden Amerikas nie bereist habe was sehr schade ist, interessiert habe ich mich immer dafür und es gibt so unglaublich viel sehenswertes 

Connect Moderator

El parque me gustó, se ve que en un futuro ya con todas los juegos será un lugar para ir a divertirse!

Qué bien que te la hayas pasado bien @luis_rich , cuando vengas a CDMX nos avisas😀

Level 8

@LaloPadilla maravilloso post! Debe ser genial subirse a la vuelta al mundo más grande de LATAM. ¿Se movía mucho?¿Te dejan usar el drone para tomas aéreas o hay que pedir permiso?¿Los puestos de comidas eran baratos o caros en relación de dónde vives? ¿Pueden entrar personas con silla de ruedas a las cabinas? 

Level 8

Nice post @LaloPadilla . I started a personal Photo Album from almost two years ago titled "Circles." I only add images I've taken from my own data but this would be an add if it weren't self work. Your images and title are premium. 👍. Awesome Views. 🌟 

Edited to remove Positive Slang Words.