Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Conoce a un moderador de Connect/Meet a Connect Moderator: Farid Monti

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me, moderating Connect side-by-side with Googlers to help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from our Connect Moderators. This month, meet @FaridMonti from Argentina.

Nombre/Name: Farid Monti

Ubicación/Location: Río Grande, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina

Lo que me gusta de ser un guía local: Compartir experiencias, fotos de todos los sitios que visito, ayudar a los negocios, destacando sus productos y cuando hay receptividad por parte de los dueños, guiarlos en los primeros pasos para que apliquen a estar en My Bussines. y si veo más interés, les cuento de Connect y sus distintas temáticas mensuales, como la que tuvimos “fotografía los negocios que visitas”. -- Lea también: ¿Qué es lo mejor de ser un guía local? - ¿Quién es Farid Monti? - escrito por KarenVChin
[ENG] What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to share my experiences - photos of all the places I visit, helping businesses, highlighting their products and when there is receptivity on the owners’ side, guiding them with the first steps to apply to Google My Business. And If I see they are really interested, then I tell them about Connect and its monthly topics, like for example “take photos of the businesses you visit”.  -- Please also read: What's the best thing about being a Local Guide? - Who is Farid Monti? - written by KarenVChin

¿Por qué soy un Moderador de Connect?: Porque me gusta compartir información, ayudar dentro de lo posible a otros LG, con sus dudas y preguntas. Interconectar las preguntas de algunos con las respuesta de otros, cuando no tengo la respuesta, como si fuera el operador de clavijas de la época de los teléfonos a operadora.  

[ENG] Why I'm a Connect Moderator: I like to share information and to help other Local Guides as much as possible with their questions and doubts. When I do not have the answer, I like to connect the questions of some with the answers of others, as if I were a telephone operator in the early days, manually connecting callers.

Mi lugar favorito para explorar: Los lugares históricos son mis elecciones preferidas en cualquier recorrido que realizó, si visito un país que no estuve. Realizó listas y un breve itinerario de los puntos históricos y de acuerdo al tiempo y la compañía escojo los que puedo visitar.

[ENG] My favorite place to explore: When I go to a country for the first time, historic places are my favorite choices to visit. I make a list of historical places I want to visit and depending on how much time I have I visit a few ones.

Mi tipo favorito de contribución en Google Maps: En general son las fotos de comida, pero dar de alta lugares nuevos me encanta, cuando salgo a caminar saco fotos y si no están en GM lo agrego eso es muy lindo.

[ENG] My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: In general, I like to add food photos. I also like to add new places. When I go for a walk, I take pictures, and if they are not in the Google Maps, I add them as a new place.

Idiomas que leer / escribir / hablar con fluidez: Español

[ENG] Languages I read/write/speak fluently: Spanish

Un lugar que me gustaría visitar: Me gustaría visitar Irlanda y Escocia, los paisajes son hermosos, su música me gusta mucho, tienen algo de parecido en lo frío, a la Patagonia Sur. Son tierras de leyendas, y misterios.

[ENG] Places I'd like to visit: I would like to visit Ireland and Scotland. The landscapes are beautiful and I like their music a lot. They have something similar to the cold in Southern Patagonia. They are lands of legends and mysteries.

Una cosa que me gustaría que todos sepan de mí: Cuando salgo a la mañana los días sábados, a recorrer las rutas de la Tierra del Fuego, paso por una estación de combustible, y me compro una tasa de chocolate con leche y un paquete de galletas dulces, es casi una tradición. Después de este casi ritual, estoy listo para hacer fotos!

[ENG] One thing I'd like everyone to know about me: When I get up on Saturday morning, I drive around Tierra del Fuego and I always stop by at a gas station and buy a chocolate milk and a packet of cookies - it’s my ritual. After that, I am ready to take pictures!

Farid viendo cómo Grecia está reparando la Acrópolis - en Lindos, Grecia - enero de 2016/Farid seeing how Greece is repairing the Acropolis - in Lindos, Greece - January 2016Farid viendo cómo Grecia está reparando la Acrópolis - en Lindos, Grecia - enero de 2016/Farid seeing how Greece is repairing the Acropolis - in Lindos, Greece - January 2016

Una foto tomada por la esposa de Farid en el barranco de Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina - Diciembre de 2017/A photo taken by Farid’s wife at the ravine of Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina - December 2017Una foto tomada por la esposa de Farid en el barranco de Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina - Diciembre de 2017/A photo taken by Farid’s wife at the ravine of Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina - December 2017

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @FaridMonti. Say hi or ask him a question below as he has a lot to share about Google Maps and maps in general.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.Interested in learning about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Ermes - ermest @ December 2017

Learn more about Ivan -  iyudhi @ January 2018

Learn more about Karen - KarenVChin @ February 2018

Learn more about Ludwig - LudwigGermany @ March 2018

Rio Grande, Tierra del Fuego Province, Argentina
112 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Conoce a un moderador de Connect/Meet a Connect Moderator: Farid Monti

Muchas gracias! @FaridTDF, let us introduce you to the Connect community.  

Level 9

Thanks for the post @Atsukot, great to learn a bit more about @FaridTDF!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Connect Moderator

Thanks @Atsukot for this beautiful post. 

@FaridTDF, my first moderator, one of the first person that encourages me, that pushes me, to be more present in connect. I spent hours reading the beautiful stories, that helped me to discover and to learn more about "Tierra del Fuego" and Patagonia.

@FaridTDF, the friend, I love to chat with him almost every day, exchanging ideas and experience.

This post is for you, my friend.

I know that you are a very "low profile" person, but this month is your month, so, welcome, welcome, welcome.

Thanks for being you

I know you don't like to be under the spotlight, but I want to tell you that you are already well known, and respected, for your always important posts, and for your always honest way of replying.

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Atsukot, I think @FaridTDF is very wonderful Connect Moderator. He is always making the discussion alive. I love when he said "Jajajaja" and I dont know why. This is your month! Welcome! Big hug from Indonesia, I wish I can meet you in a person soon 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 10

Thanks for this amazing post @Atsukot!!

@FaridTDF fue uno de los primeros Local Guides que conocí de Argentina, así que es un referente para mí 🙂 Me gusta leer sus posts ya que son muy completos y detallados, realmente un gusto!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Muchas gracias @ErmesT, sus palabras son muy lindas, usted siempre tan amable para con migo 👍🙂, yo también me acuerdo de los primeros momentos de Connect, (le cuento una infidencia...) Un vez consultan por prospectos para moderador, nunca lo dude, su nombre me vino a la mente en primer término, el tiempo, da la razón, que es uno de los más participativos jajajaja, gracias por estar.

6DDBC382-24AE-4F4B-8637-EA27B714F286.jpeg

Saludos Farid

👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Connect Moderator

Gracias @Atsukot, por el post, y en su  nombre le agradezco también a todo el equipo de GM, por ayudarme permanente en Connect. A ser un mejor Local Guides Connect. 🙂

Saludos Farid

Connect Moderator

Gracias a ti también @Shirley, 😀👍

Saludos Farid

Level 10

Thank you @Atsukot itsi a good presentation of @FaridTDF .

It's a pleasure to know more about our moderators.