Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Gregg

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet Gregg aka @Flash in the Connect community. Gregg enjoys answering Local Guides’ questions and telling others about great things to do in his neighborhood. He also recently had a beautiful granddaughter!

Caption: A photo of Gregg holding his new granddaughter. (Local Guide @Flash)Caption: A photo of Gregg holding his new granddaughter. (Local Guide @Flash)

Name: Gregg Gordon

Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia (a suburb of Vancouver) - Canada

What I love about being a Local Guide: Local Guides is a fantastic program to learn about places locals recommend as opposed to what is advertised. I love showing others what my area has to offer and taking advantage of other Local Guides’ contributions.

Why I'm a Connect Moderator: Long ago, I found that I can make the biggest contributions on Google Maps by helping guide others towards better mapping. I enjoy showing others the possibilities and helping them to overcome obstacles they encounter. Many years of involvement with various Maps programs allows me insight that not many other users have and much of that knowledge was given to me specifically to help others.

My favorite things to explore: When I travel, I don't like to follow the "tourist" route. That is to say that I'll visit the attractions that interest me the most, but I also like to go to restaurants, neighbourhoods, and shops meant for locals. Some of the best and most authentic food I've eaten has been at local restaurants, and often at a fraction of the price of touristy restaurants.

This is also the best way to encounter the local culture; as you then meet people who aren't paid to smile and greet you.

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: Road edits were my favourite, but now photos are taking that place.

Languages I read/write/speak fluently: English.

Places I'd like to visit: I love ancient buildings and thus would like to visit Indonesia to see temples such as Borobudur.

Fun fact about me: I made my first edit to the map within the first week of editing being available, when Map Maker was introduced as a tool with just a few countries available.

Caption: A portrait of Gregg. (Local Guide @Flash)Caption: A portrait of Gregg. (Local Guide @Flash)

----------------------------------

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @Flash. Say hi or ask him a question below as he has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Stephen in November 2018

Learn more about Paul in October 2018
Learn more about Sampson in September 2018

Learn more about Sonia in August 2018

Learn more about Nunung in July 2018

Learn more about Shirley in June 2018

Learn more about Farid in April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig in March 2018

Learn more about Karen in February 2018

Learn more about Ivan in January 2018

Learn more about Ermes in December 2017

Abbotsford, BC, Canada
21 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Gregg

Hi @Flash 

Nice to know more about you, grandpa Gregg.

Great photo, I'm so jelous

Thank you @Atsukot  for this post. Super

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for always lending your expertise to Local Guides in need, @Flash!

Connect Moderator

Gracias por el post @Atsukot , considero a @Flash una gran fuente de conocimiento y sabiduría como diríamos en Argentina es libro de petete, es la persona que responde en forma muy atinada a ciertos temas muy específicos de  Google Maps , gracias Gregg por compartir tu conocimiento con nosotros.

Y muchas felicitaciones por su nieta, se lo ve embelesado de amor con ella 

Farid

Connect Moderator

Hi @Atsukot thanks for sharing about our connect moderator

@Flash . Its really nice to be surrounded with beautiful and positive people. 

Thank you again Atsukot and all Google & Connect Moderators that you always guide us like a teacher. 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Ahhhhhh  @Flash! Great photo.  Congrats on becoming a grandpa!

I didn't know Borobudur is on your Bucket List! It's definitely a place to go visit (and the rest of Indonesia, Bali, in particular).  It was on my list to visit ever since taking a Asia art history class in college. While you out in South East Asia, you should definitely visit Cambodia and see Angkor Wat

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Thank you very much @Flash for your guidance the years!

I know where to look for whenever I need aspirations for mapping.

Level 10

@Flash

@Atsukot 

Thanks a lot for getting us to know more about Connect Moderator Gregg.

I'm sure we new comers will certainly be able to learn from you upon your knowledge and experience. Look forward to your timely support.

Congrats Gregg for becoming a Grandpa.💐

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee.

R S Dev
Connect Moderator

Betreff: Meet a Connect Moderator: Gregg

Thanks for this great introduction @Flash @Atsukot 

When MapMaker was available, editing was my favorite too...

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Level 8

Hey there @Flash 

That is amazing!

Welcome girl!

(REDACTED) Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.