ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Double the fun - Showcase your country - #TeamChallenge on LocalGuidesConnect

Hello Local Guides,

As you may have seen, there is a #TeamChallenge running on Local Guides Connect.

The #TeamChallenge has been proposed a month ago to the Local Guides Invited to Connect Live 2019. By request, and for more and more fun, I am now opening the challenge to the whole community

What is #TeamChallenge?

Is a way to work as a Local Guides team. In the future I am thinking about more challenges, for creating National teams working together on a common project. The actual Challenge is: Showcase your country on Local Guides Connect

Caption: a team of flag-wavers, during an event in Visso - Central Italy - Photo Credit: Local Guide @ermestCaption: a team of flag-wavers, during an event in Visso - Central Italy - Photo Credit: Local Guide @ermest

Working as a team is an interesting way to contribute, because everyone can take care of a single aspect of the challenge, coordinating the content with the other members of the team

How it works:

When a team accept the challenge, they will have to reply to this post, declaring also the composition of the team. Every team will have 4 weeks to complete the challenge. Every team will create a “group post” (see below)

What is a team:

In this specific case, a team is a group of Local Guides from the same country, that wants to accept the challenge. Every team will define a Team Leader.

Every local Guide will choose a specific topic and will write a post about it. The team will define the coordination between the various post. In addition, the Team Leader will write also the Main post, explaining the line of thought followed by the team, and linking all the post on there.

As an example, I am sharing with you "Living Argentina - #TeamArgentina", the great post written by @Cecilita to introduce the team.

The main Post

Try to imagine the Main post like the one that Google write weekly for the “Friday Favorites”.

Write the main post showing the flow between the post of the team. Add a photo taken from every post (remember to ask/give the permission and to write it on the Caption of the photo)

Team Posts:

Do not write generic post. Choose a topic and stay focused on it. It will be easier to read, and will capture the attention of the community.

Choose the best photo as a cover photo. Remember that the photo is the first thing that we see, on the preview page.

Distribute the photos on the post following the flow of your story, using photos that are directly related to the content. Try to add no more than 5 - 6 photos. If you have more photos to share, you can create a photo album. 

Follow @AdrianLunsong ’s Connect writing tips: BasicIntermediateAdvanced.

At the beginning of the post explains that the post is part of a Team Works, that the topic is “Showcase your country on Local Guides Connect, provide a link to the main post and explain which aspect you want to highlight

How to post:

Use the “Friday Favorites” structure. Every post is independent, the main post is the “pivot” that link all the contents.

Try to post simultaneously. In this way it will be easier to edit the post quickly to add the links. Remember that is a team work, not a simple series of individual post.

Remember to reply here for joining the Challenge, or to share the link of your teamwork

Double your fun on Local Guides Connect

If you have any question, feel free to ask

As an additional tip, you can check #TeamArgentina: The Experience of Working on Collaborative Posts, written by @kroza 

EDIT September 3, 2019

Updated list of team:

#TeamChallenge is the main hashtag

#explorebulgaria 

#TeamArgentina

#TeamAustralia

#TeamBangladesh

#TeamBelarus

#TeamBrazil

#TeamColombia

#TeamIndia

#TeamIsrael

#TeamItaly

#TeamJapan

#TeamMalaysia

#TeamMexico

#TeamPakistan

#TeamRussia

#TeamSpain

#TeamUkraine

#TeamUsa

#TeamVietnam

90 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Double the fun - Showcase your country - #TeamChallenge on LocalGuidesConnect

Hi all,

Team are of course already at work

You can check here for

- Living Argentina - #TeamArgentina

What make us Brazilians #TeamBrazil

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie- Oi, Oi, Oi #teamchallenge #teamAustralia

Congratulation to everyone.

Just tag me here for adding your nation on the challenge

Double your fun on Local Guides Connect

Former Google Contributor

Re: Double the fun - Showcase your country - #TeamChallenge on LocalGuidesConnect

Hi @ErmesT

As I've told you before, this challenge is amazing! Big up for it! 

I wish a lot of fun to all the teams who decide to join this challenge!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @JavieraAu 

I an expecting a lot of fun. In my mind Google Moderators can contribute too, in coordination with an existing team 🙂

Connect Moderator

Brasileiros e Brasileiras, o #TeamBrazil está de portas abertas para vocês. Se quiserem se juntar a nós serão muito bem-vindos. O Brasil é um país imenso e há uma infinidade de aspectos a serem apresentados.

Obrigado, @ErmesT, por ampliar o #TeamChallenge

Connect Moderator

You are more than welcome @AlexandreCampbell 

I want to see and learn about more and more countries here in Connect.

Working together is a beautiful experience.

Thank you all for accepting the challenge

Level 8

@ErmesT 

Great l!

I know Argentina and its presentations regarding this issue, but here I see Brazil and Australia.

Something new is brewing and growing.

Congratulations to all of you.

Go ahead Local Guides.

That the union and teamwork of Local Guides of each country is a reality. That's my wish...from Uruguay!

LuaPL
Connect Moderator

Thank you @LuaPL 

Are you thinking about to build up a #TeamUruguay?

You are welcome if you want to do it. Everyone of us wants to know more about your country

Connect Moderator

I am adding some tag here, for friends that may want to write, like @JaneBurunina@uavalentine  and @NatalkaR , for building a team for #TeamUkraine, or @marcorp (#TeamPeru).

Feel free to call your friends, for building a team together

Connect Moderator

Actually cool challenge! 

Above I was impressed by #TeamArgentina posts in new format. It's really amazing! 

Now I'm so excited that #TeamChallenge is opened not only for CL2019 attendies.

Great opportunity for collaboration! Let's take the challenge #TeamUkraine! 

Thank you @ErmesT