PavelSarwar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Exploring Langkawi Island

IMG_20190325_185158.jpg

Among the many favorite places in Malaysia, Langkawi Island is one of my favorite place for visit.  In 2017 I went there with @SumaiyaZafrin . Because of not having enough time, Not many places have been seen that time. From March 25 to March 28, I was there to join The Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA). LIMA is the largest show of its kind within the Asia Pacific region.Selfie with traditional performanceSelfie with traditional performanceSo I did not want to miss the chance to explore Langkawi again. According to the Wikipedia, Langkawi, officially known as Langkawi, the Jewel of Kedah (Malay: Langkawi Permata Kedah), is a district and an archipelago of 99 islands in the Andaman Sea some 30 km off the mainland coast of northwestern Malaysia.Pantai CenangPantai Cenang

The interesting thing is, my hotel was in the very closer to Pantai Cenang. Pantai Cenang is the busiest beach town on Langkawi Island, where you can find a diverse mix of cafes and restaurants, as well as souvenir shops, and duty-free outlets along its picturesque beach strip.1. Fish vorta; 2. Dal Vorta 3. Vegetable 4. chicken curry1. Fish vorta; 2. Dal Vorta 3. Vegetable 4. chicken curry

I take help from Google Maps to find nearby Bangladeshi Restaurant. The best option in Google Maps for me is the food habit match. I got I restaurant its 94% match with me. Price was too expensive but food test was delicious.

IMG_20190327_124001.jpgMost funny thing in Langkawi is here beer is cheaper than water.  Along with Bangladeshi food, I tested Malaysian and sea food also.Sea FoodSea FoodWherever I go, I try to buy a T-shirt from there as a Suvinnor. Yes, this time I also brought a T shirt.IMG_20190327_234915.jpg

Note: all photos in this post are self-captured by the author

I want to go Langkawi again and again!

Proud to be a Local Guide.
11 comments
Level 7

Re: Exploring Langkawi Island

Place looks great indeed. I wouldn't tolerate the cheaper alcohol but that's not our decision to make, I guess. Did you see many landmarks during your stay as well, @PavelSarwar ?

Level 9

Thanks for sharing your experience with us bro @PavelSarwar 
Being to Langkawi countless times & yes I wish to visit there again & again.
By the way bro Langkawi is a duty free islands that's the reason behind it's cheap alcohol prices.

Level 10

@PavelSarwar 🙂 don't compare with Evian water.. even in KL, Evian is more expensive than Chang 🙂 

Level 8

@FlameFox Yes, I visited many Landmarks. Example: Eagle Square, Under Water Langkawi, Marine Park, kilim geopark langkawi, Eagle fiddling and so on..

Level 8

@Haseeb 2017 to 2019, food also expensive. may be for LIMA exhibition also a coz for higher price. 

Connect Moderator

@PavelSarwar Looks you had an awesome trip bro. I enjoy your trip story... 

Keep exploring...

Happy Guiding! 

Level 8

@StephenAbraham I got this experience first time. I saw normal water SeaMaster also 2.50 RM to 3.00 RM, Normally at Cyberjaya 0.80 RM. ha ha ha

And at Bangladeshi restaurant food price 3 times higher than KL Roshona Bilash. Remember Last time we did food crawl? 

Level 8

@ShafiulB Hopefully we will visit together. 

Level 8

Nice sharing @PavelSarwar I've been to Langkawi about 2 years ago. My favorite is strolling around at Cenang Beach at night and hangout in any food stall in there.

I was born and live in Jombang, East Java, Indonesia