anazizullah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Pre-Connect Live Meetup, Dhaka (121st meetup BDLG)

Hello, Local guides!
We (Bangladesh local guides (BDLG) community) just completed our 121st meetup. It was the Pre-Connect Live meetup. The main motive of this meetup was to get introduced with connect live attendees, discussion about connect live and connect forum.

Connect live'19 wish board with fingerprints of BDLG members with lots of meetups photos on the background. Photo: Local guide Aziz UllahConnect live'19 wish board with fingerprints of BDLG members with lots of meetups photos on the background. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah

Though the meetup time was 3:30 pm BDT, we (organizing team) reached there around 2:30 pm. People start arriving there at ±3:00 pm. Within 3:30 pm almost everyone was there. (This meetup was invited only and only 50 local guide was invited due to space allocation and other stuff). The program venue was on a well known, nice decorated restaurant in the Dhanmondi area.

Clockwise:- Restaurant entrance, registration booth, sticker for all and ID card. Photo: Local guide Aziz UllahClockwise:- Restaurant entrance, registration booth, sticker for all and ID card. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah

As the host, I started the program by giving thanks to everyone for coming (especially, on rainy weather) as well as the organizing team for their hard works. Then I requested @RafsanRana for anchoring the program.

Introduction season. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.Introduction season. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.

Everyone was giving their intros including name, from where they came, interactions with local guides, maps, etc.

No, no! These eleven (11) person didn’t make any guilty, neither they were punished! This was their first Local guides meetup, so a big clap for them. 

The first meetup of these people! Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.The first meetup of these people! Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.

After that special season, snacks (Soup and aunthon/wontons) were served. 

Snacks. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.Snacks. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.

Then it was an open networking season.

Everyone talked to each other, asking problems, solutions, etc. 

Clockwise:- Local Guide @MehadeHasan showing how to do accurate edit to a place. Open discussion and written problems/proposals. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.Clockwise:- Local Guide @MehadeHasan showing how to do accurate edit to a place. Open discussion and written problems/proposals. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.

Then it came the main and important season "Meet with Connect Live attendees". It was a kind of panel discussion with @MahabubMunna bhai, @LyricMitra apu, Farhana Rupa apu, and Abdullah Al Mamun bhai. They share their experience about how they become selected, their Connect forum activities, activities on maps and community. It was a bit details season. We've learned many things from their discussion.

Panel discussion going on. Photo: Local guide Aziz UllahPanel discussion going on. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah

After the heavy discussion then it was a fun time. There was a lottery function.

Five lucky people got a prize (A big thanks to Stat Tech for those gifts ). It was really a fun season.

That lucky 5 people along with MahabubMunna bhai and Arafat bhai. Photo: Local guide Aziz UllahThat lucky 5 people along with MahabubMunna bhai and Arafat bhai. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah

Then, it was time to get food.

People eating their dinner. Photo: Local guide Aziz UllahPeople eating their dinner. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah

Main food. Photo: Local guide Aziz UllahMain food. Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah

Before and after food people gave their fingerprint wish to "Connect Live'19"

Happy local guides! Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.Happy local guides! Photo: Local guide Aziz Ullah.

Last, not least it was time for the group photo.

I thanked again everyone for coming and give us a warm full evening.

Caption: Group photo 51 local guides who attended the Pre-Connect Live meetup @Dhaka.Caption: Group photo 51 local guides who attended the Pre-Connect Live meetup @DHaka.

We had a plan to connect with @SoniaK apu online but didn't happen anyway! We missed you apu.

I'm very much thankful to the whole organizing team. Especially, @RomanSyed, @Designer_Biswajit da, @SShuvo, @Sourav_Biswas, Arafatul bhai, Shovan, Sunmoon, Bishnu Modhu, Miraj bhai, Murad bhai, Mahabub Munna bhai (as always) and all.

I hope you guys like our meetup and this recap post.

Hope to see you at the next meetup.

Till then, have a good day. Wish you all the best, have fun.

Cheers~

Cafe Cherry Drops Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh
103 comments
Level 7

Re: [Recap] Pre-Connect Live Meetup, Dhaka (121st meetup BDLG)

আমি যত গুলো মিটআপে অংশগ্রহণ করেছি তার মধ্যে এটাই বেস্ট মনে হয়েছে। গতকালের মিটআপ থেকে অনেক কিছু জানলাম ম্যাপ ও কানেক্ট সম্পর্কে। ধন্যবাদ আপনাকে ভাই❤️❤️❤️

Former Google Contributor

Hi @anazizullah,

Thanks so much for the great recap! I'm happy to see you had a great time together and had a successful 121st meetup in Bangladesh! Well done!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@anazizullah 

ভাই প্রথমত এত সুন্দর একটা মিটআপ আয়োজন করার জন্য আপনাকে অসংখ্য ধন্যবাদ। আমি গর্বিত এই মিটআপের আয়োজক কমিটির সদস্য হতে পেরে। এই মিটআপ কে ঘিড়ে যতটুকু প্রত্যাশা ছিল তা কানায় কানায় পূর্ণ হয়েছে।

Biswajit Chakraborty, Greetings from Dhaka-Bangladesh
Connect Moderator

The more I am reading the recaps of this meetup the more I am being sad for not being able to attend it. I waited for this for so long. And after reading all these beautifully written recaps I have realized what I missed. I will try not to miss the post connect live meetup at least. I promise, @anazizullah 

The fingerprint idea sounds really nice. @MahabubMunna  please make sure my thumb impression goes on the paper as well before you hand it over to anybody. 

Thank you for organising such a wonderful meetup @anazizullah and @RafsanRana . A round of applause for both of you. 

Level 8

ধন্যবাদ @anazizullah ভাই সুন্দর একটি মিট-আপ হোস্ট করার জন্য।
পুরো মিট-আপটি ছিল বেশ উপভোগ্য ও তথ্যবহুল আর খাবারের কথা না বললেই নয় সব মিলিয়ে অসাধারণ ছিল মিট-আপ টি। 

Level 9

@anazizullahCongrats to the BDLG team for successfully arranging such a beautiful meet-up. I like the idea of the thumb impression. I wish I was there to put my thumb impression and to learn how they were invited to attend Connect Live.

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Level 9

It was very pleasant meet up and feel very proud to be here. Thank you @anazizullah and @MahabubMunna Vai for organising such a nice meet up event.

Level 10

ধন্যবাদ আপনার মত প্রকাশের জন্য @AbdullahAM । বাংলাদেশ লোকাল গাইড টিম সবসময় চেষ্টা করে নতুন এবং ভালো কিছু সকলের সামনে তুলে ধরার। যা সকলের জন্য কল্যাণকর সে কাজগুলো করতে চায় সকলকে নিয়ে।

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

@anazizullah গুগল ম্যাপ বাংলাদেশে আরো সমৃদ্ধশালী করার জন্য এ রকম মিটআপ খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ভূমিকা পালন করে। কারণ এই মিটআপে এসে আমরা গুগল ম্যাপের নতুন ফিচার, গুগল ম্যাপ কিভাবে ব্যবহার করতে হবে, কিভাবে কন্ট্রিবিউট করতে হবে ইত্যাদি সম্পর্কে জানতে পারি।। সেই সাথে মিটআপে আসা বাংলাদেশের বিভিন্ন অঞ্চলের লোকাল গাইডস দের সাথে নতুন একটি সম্পর্ক সৃষ্টি হয়।
আমি মিটআপের হোস্ট আজিজ ভাই বাংলাদেশ লোকাল লোকাল গাইডস এর মডারেটর @MahabubMunna  ভাই, এবং বাংলাদেশ লোকাল গাইডস এর টিম মেম্বারদের ধন্যবাদ দিতে চাই এমন সুন্দর একটি মিটআপ আয়োজন করার জন্য।

সেই সাথে এবার যারা কানেক্ট লাইভ"19 এ যাচ্ছেন তাদের সবার জন্য শুভকামনা রইল।