IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Most Interesting things done by Me:The Impact of Local Guide

Caption: Me facing towards Himalayas, thinking about my impacts :)Caption: Me facing towards Himalayas, thinking about my impacts 🙂

JaiMahakaal

Hello Local Guides, Namaste!

Today I want to share a post about some of the important things done by me as a local guide. Everyone has their own inspiring stories about the contributions which you have made on Maps, Connect or in the real world. I'm really inspired by the community of local guides which is just like a family in which everyone has the same value, that's really make it different from others or we can say The diversity in Community.

There are many interesting things to share but I'm sharing some of them with all of you which really motivate & encourage me to contribute more with a positive approach.

• Promoted Small business on Google Maps
  • Made a local community & hosted my first meet up in the state
  • Help in protecting the religious place
  • Taken a step towards duplicate places on Maps

Promoted Small business on Google Maps: In my town not everything is updated on Maps, due to lack of awareness people are not aware about it. As a local guide I targeted small business such as: tea shops, dhabas, fast food shops; because everyone adds the popular shops on maps but I try to add small business so that they can also face the competition and people can go there and write reviews and add missing information.

Fast Food Point, Once i was passing through Ramnagar  (a district in Uttarakhand) I noticed the small food shop and I ordered the momos with potato fries. Meanwhile I just check the Maps and see the place was missing from the maps. At the same time i add this place and after approval i add the pictures along with some useful information. I also told the owner that now anyone can visit the shop through Maps, he gave me a positive smile.

Caption: Screenshot of the review with food pictures at Fast Food Point (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: Screenshot of the review with food pictures at Fast Food Point (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

Chai Point One day i was going for trekking with my friends & for refreshment we take a break and ordered tea, samosas, noodles. Meanwhile i open the maps and try to see some more food points around me, the shop was missing too from the maps. I added it and got a notification within 2 minutes after that i add some pictures so that anyone can visit at the tea shop. 

Caption: Screenshot of review with photo of tea and Samosa (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: Screenshot of review with photo of tea and Samosa (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

Made a local community and hosted first meet up in the State: On May 19th 2019, we hosted the first LG meet up in Dehradun(Capital of Uttarakhand).Earlier there was no awareness & no community of local guides but at the first time I motivated my fellow local guides to join the first ever meet up so that I can share my experience and learn from them.

15 LGs attended the meet up and everyone was happy to meet & greet with people having similar interest.

Caption: A winning Selfie pose taken by me with fellow local guides from Uttarakhand at FRI, Dehradun (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: A winning Selfie pose taken by me with fellow local guides from Uttarakhand at FRI, Dehradun (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

Caption: Group photo and photos during Questioning related to the problems of Maps (Photo by Local Guide Vicky krish).Caption: Group photo and photos during Questioning related to the problems of Maps (Photo by Local Guide Vicky krish).

Details of upcoming meetups:

TGIHW-III-RISHIKESH 

Let's-Play-HOLI-in-Rishikesh 

Help in protecting the religious place: On October 4th 2019, a business owner claimed on a very famous religious place and renamed the place with business name. At that time I edited the name with the original name. I made a separate post on Connect and also tag the Google Moderator so that they can take action on the business owner. A week later I got an email that your changes are accepted, that was really an interesting moment or I can say that day i realise the Impact of being a local guide.

Caption: Screenshot of place which was claimed by a business owner.Caption: Screenshot of place which was claimed by a business owner.

Taken a step towards duplicate places on Maps:On February 9th 2020, I have hosted a themed meetup related to Cleaning of Maps under the guidance of JanVanHaver.During the meet up we have reported many duplicate places, some of them approved and some are pending for approval. That was also an interesting step taken by me as a LG because nowadays people just add duplicates only to earn some points but it's not a good habit.

Caption: 3 Duplicates of Daksh Ghat.Caption: 3 Duplicates of Daksh Ghat.

10 Trending Cafes in Rishikesh 

It was all about my interesting things, feel free to share your impacts..

Thank you!

With Best Wishes & regards

Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
109 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Most Important things done by Me:The Impact of Local Guide

@IshantHP_ig 

Your're one of local Guides who Inspired me so much , I learned so much from you , especially your spirit about our community,I'm glad connect you here

Level 9

Re: Most Important things done by Me:The Impact of Local Guide

Level 10
Level 10

Re: Most Interesting things done by Me:The Impact of Local Guide

Truly enlightening story @IshantHP_ig 

Level 10

Hi @IshantHP_ig 

Well written post. 

Glad to see you really contribute so much, to Google maps and to community.

Good luck dear for CL 2020

Best wishes for you 

Level 10

oh wow la verdad que me ha sorprendido las muchas cosas que has logrado amigo @IshantHP_ig , me gusto mucho tu publicación. 

Aprendí de tu experiencia que pequeños aportes pueden generar grandes cambios 😊

Gracias por animarme a seguir trabajando en Google Maps! 😁

Level 9

Hello @IshantHP_ig 

Your works are amazing on connect and maps.

It is very clear and obvious. 

Good luck with your application for connect live.

Thanks for writing this beautiful post.

Level 8

You are really the intention as a local guide and i have so much learn from you as a local guides 

Thanks & Regards,
~Pytha H.Y.Sainan~
Level 10
Level 10

@IshantHP_ig  Great post Brother .... well explained about adding places in google maps( i also do like this) after eating somethong from that one  shop🤣🤣🤣. your contribution big contribution to #GoogleMaps and #LocalguideConnect . it is helpful for lot of peoples....  Your very active Local Guide in North India 

Baljinder_singh From Punjab, India
Level 10

Namaskar..

@IshantHP_ig

Wow..

what a wonderful time & commitment about connect with Google Map..

All the best for future you & our Dear,

@raghavsood 

@RahulKumarB 

@Shruti_U 

@NarenChandra 

@rajuroyal 

@Mukesh71 

Keep it up keep going..