Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Karen V. Chin

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me, moderating Connect side-by-side with Googlers to help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from our Connect Moderators. This month, meet @KarenVChin from San Francisco.  

Name: Karen V. Chin

What I love about being a Local Guide: I feel I am helping people in my community by letting them know where to go, what to order/do, and sharing any inside tips or secrets to get the best experience with a place. And the other thing is friendships that have been built from being a Local Guide! Please see some of my “Local Guide Friendship” stories:  

Why I'm a Connect Moderator: I get great satisfaction knowing that I have helped or connected a Local Guide to other Local Guides. I like to help and encourage people to share more and/or showcase their communities or favorite places here on Connect. I believe Connect is a fantastic platform to get educated and learn about other people's cultures and ask and answer questions that you would not get a chance anywhere else.

My favorite [place/thing/cuisine/other] to explore: Food, of course! I enjoy finding new places to eat and am always looking for latte art. I am very fortunate to live in an area where I can try just about every kind of cuisine from mom and pop (aka hole-in-the-wall) places to fancy, fine dining. As for latte art, I am always on the lookout for coffee baristas who can make cool designs with foam. It's calming to look down at your latte and know that someone created this for you to enjoy.

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: Photos — specifically food photos!

Languages I read/write/speak fluently: English.

Places I'd like to visit: Taj Mahal or Shwedagon Pagoda. I took a lot of art history courses during college in which I created an Ancient Wonders / UNESCO World Heritage Site bucket list. Both places I would love to walk around and enjoy seeing the architecture. I have always been fascinated by the Mughal period and visiting ancient religious temples or shrines.

Fun fact about me: I am Chinese. I will eat anything once!

Karen at the Local Guides Summit in San Francisco, October 2017Karen at the Local Guides Summit in San Francisco, October 2017

Karen and Connect Moderator Ermes Tuon at the Local Guides Summit in San Francisco, October 2017. “I took him on a walking San Francisco tour before the welcome reception, “ says Karen.Karen and Connect Moderator Ermes Tuon at the Local Guides Summit in San Francisco, October 2017. “I took him on a walking San Francisco tour before the welcome reception, “ says Karen.

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @KarenVChin. Say hi or ask her a question below as she has a lot to share about Google Maps and maps in general. 

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.Interested in learning about other Connect Moderators? Read:
December’s post about @ErmesT.
January’s post about @iyudhi.

San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
68 comments
Level 8

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Karen V. Chin

So this month it's @KarenVChin 🙂 ya I know something about you but this post has so much details 😍😍 thank you so much @Atsukot

Thank you for always helping us here @KarenVChin 😎

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Welcome, welcome, welcome @KarenVChin

this is Karen's Month. Wow

Thanks for choosing me in one of your photos, Karen, it is a big emotion for me.

So let me see if I have a photo to balance that one.

What about this one?

Caption: reflection of Saints Peter and Paul church on the reflection of @KarenVChin sunglasses - photo credit: Local Guide @ermestCaption: reflection of Saints Peter and Paul church on the reflection of @KarenVChin sunglasses - photo credit: Local Guide @ermest

Thanks for being you, Karen

Ermes

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, you know I really love this photo! It was literally our first couple of hours meeting each other for the first IRL during LGSummit17/and I got to be your Local Guide in my hometown and in the neighborhood I grew up in. The reflection of historic Roman Catholic Saints Peter and Paul Church from my sunglasses is truly magical! 

Thanks,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Level 9

Do I really need to say anything about @KarenVChin?

Yes

I don't know why I'm laughing right now. 😂😁😀😊😇🤔I've much more to say but everyone on connect know how she is. I'm proud that she's our Moderator.

"One female connect moderator and she is the best". 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Thank you very much @KarenVChin!

You are a catalyst that always bring the best out of the possibles.

You make people around you better.

I am glad being part of this great adventute!

Connect Moderator

@Atsukot Hi !! It's another great post  about our beloved Connect moderator @KarenVChin. She is an amazing Local Guide we know, her works for the community is really appreciate. We are so happy to get like you moderator for the community.

Happy Guiding !!! 

Connect Moderator

@deepakjhic, I take your laughing as a good thing?! 😃 Thanks for your kind words.

Cheers,

Karen

@deepakjhic wrote:

Do I really need to say anything about @KarenVChin?

Yes

I don't know why I'm laughing right now. 😂😁😀😊😇🤔I've much more to say but everyone on connect know how she is. I'm proud that she's our Moderator.

"One female connect moderator and she is the best". 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @YK1001. You are too kind. I am happy to be a part of your Local Guides adventure too. 

Cheers,

Karen

@YK1001 wrote:

Thank you very much @KarenVChin!

You are a catalyst that always bring the best out of the possibles.

You make people around you better.

I am glad being part of this great adventute!