InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Cecilia

Caption: A photo of Cecilia smiling and an illustration with the words “Cecilia Ratto,” the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook, a magnifying glass, and a camera.Caption: A photo of Cecilia smiling and an illustration with the words “Cecilia Ratto,” the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook, a magnifying glass, and a camera.

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet Cecilia (@Cecilita). Cecilia lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and speaks Spanish and English.

Name: Cecilia Ratto

What I love about being a Local Guide: One of the things I love about being a Local Guide is feeling that, with my contributions, I am helping others to find the best places to go. I have been using Google Maps for a long time now, and I think that I am helping to maintain the [information in the] app accurate and updated for others. I also love being a Local Guide because it gave me the opportunity to meet a great group of people that I feel I can call friends. For Argentinians, friendship is a very important part of our life, so having found a group that can make me feel this way is so amazing. [They are] such selfless and committed people, with whom I can share tons of super interesting and motivating activities.

Caption: A selfie of Cecilia in front of a Downtown Disney arch. (Courtesy of Local Guide @CeciliaRatto)Caption: A selfie of Cecilia in front of a Downtown Disney arch. (Courtesy of Local Guide @CeciliaRatto)

Why I’m a Connect Moderator: I am a Connect Moderator to help other Local Guides with their contributions, share with them what I have learned from others, and make them feel welcome and comfortable here on Connect. 

My favorite things to explore: I love history, so my favorite thing to explore is museums. I love to go to museums that are located in old houses, where important people used to live. The stories inside those places always make me travel through time with my imagination! I also enjoy long walks, so I love the meet-ups we used to have with the other Local Guides in Buenos Aires. We spent long hours exploring different parts of our city and visiting a lot of interesting places.

Caption: A selfie of Cecilia in front of a vast lake. (Courtesy of Local Guide @CeciliaRatto)Caption: A selfie of Cecilia in front of a vast lake. (Courtesy of Local Guide @CeciliaRatto)

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: I enjoy taking photographs, so uploading photos is my favorite activity on Google Maps. Every place I go to, I am always thinking about what image I can take that could give useful information to others. Some time ago, thanks to another Local Guide, I discovered that adding missing streets or routes is very fun, so I started doing that on a daily basis, too.    

Languages I read/speak/write fluently: My mother tongue is Spanish, but I also speak English fluently. I understand written and spoken Portuguese, but I cannot speak it yet (I am learning).

Caption: A collage of six photos of Cecilia at different locations. (Courtesy of Local Guide @CeciliaRatto)Caption: A collage of six photos of Cecilia at different locations. (Courtesy of Local Guide @CeciliaRatto)

Places I’d like to visit: I would love to go to Egypt and see the pyramids. Japan, with all its technology and rich culture, is on my bucket list, and also Italy, which was the country where my ancestors used to live before emigrating to Argentina.   

Fun fact about me: I love technology a lot and because of my job I am very used to organizing things. Some time ago, I started to automate everything I could at home, so I installed intelligent devices. As nobody at home could remember the voice commands for the devices, I put lots of post-its everywhere. On the lamps, TV, stoves, air conditioner... everywhere you looked was a post-it! My husband and son used to laugh and say that they would never learn the commands, but despite what everyone said, my method was very helpful. Now, they are so used to talking to things and to asking Google Home to do tasks that every question my son has, he asks Google. Including questions like “Which one is my father's favorite color?” or “How old is my cat?.” 

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @Cecilita. Say hi or ask her a question below as she has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Kashif in January 2021

Learn more about Feliciana in December 2020

Learn more about Megan in November 2020

Learn more about Penny in October 2020

Learn more about Alexandre in September 2020

Learn more about Shafiul in August 2020

Learn more about Jane in July 2020

Learn more about Luigi in June 2020

Learn more about Julien in May 2020

Learn more about Jan in April 2020

Learn more about Emeka in March 2020

Learn more about Omer in February 2020

Learn more about Sumaiya in January 2020

Learn more about Steve in December 2019

Learn more about Jordan in November 2019

Learn more about Torben in October 2019

Learn more about Hiroyuki in September 2019

Learn more about Jesi in August 2019

Learn more about Alejandra in June 2019 

Learn more about Adrian in May 2019 

Learn more about Gregg in January 2019

Learn more about Stephen in November 2018

Learn more about Paul in October 2018

Learn more about Sonia in August 2018

Learn more about Nunung in July 2018

Learn more about Shirley in June 2018

Learn more about Ilankovan in May 2018

Learn more about Farid in April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig in March 2018

Learn more about Karen in February 2018

Learn more about Ivan in January 2018

Learn more about Ermes in December 2017

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
75 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Cecilia

Congratulations @Cecilita 

Gland to know more about you. 

Thanks @InaS for sharing this post with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @InaS  for sharing more about @Cecilita !

Ceci muchas gracias por todo lo que has compartido, de ti aprendí a agregar las rutas ya ya he contribuido con varias! Eres una gran persona y Local Guide y espero conocerte en persona alguna vez😀

Connect Moderator

Jajaja, no sé porque pero si puedo imaginar tu casa llena de post-its para que tu familia aprendiera los comandos de voz  Ceci  (@Cecilita). Creo que cuando puedas viajar a Italia disfrutarás muchísimo, espero que lo puedas hacer muy pronto! Un gran abrazo para tí.

Connect Moderator

I am sure she would never have expected this post, when we met for the very first time, at 10:40 am of November 6, 2019

DSC04634.JPGDSC04634.JPG

All invited to Connect Live, @Cecilita , @Jesi , @AlexandreCampbell , @Stella2 and myself wanted to visit Muir Woods. Our appointment was on the parking lot of Bar Bocce , in Sausalito, just on the other side of the Golden Gate bridge. Did we have a nice day? Reas here to know more: Muir Woods pre Connect Live Meet-up Recap 

You may find interesting that three of the person in the Photo are now Connect Moderators. Just because of me, of course :-), or probably one of the beautiful aspect of my life is that I am extremely lucky, so I met a lot of "future" Connect Moderator. Have you met me somewhere in the past? If so, check your email 🙂

Seriously now. It was a pleasure to meet her, because of her personality, and because she's a totally honest person, with great technical skills

Sooooo ....  Congratulations Ceci, you really deserve this post and your badge

DSC04721.JPGDSC04721.JPG

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much for this post @InaS !

I enjoy a lot being a Local Guide and I am very honored to be a Connect Moderator! ☺️

If you want me to read your post or your comment, please tag me as @Cecilita so I can see it.

Buenos Aires, Argentina | Argentina Local Guides | My Google Maps
- New in Connect? Start Here!
- How to be more green? Click Here!
- Best Places to visit in Bs As: Click here!
- Social Media: Instagram | Twitter

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @NareshDarji ! 

☺️

If you want me to read your post or your comment, please tag me as @Cecilita so I can see it.

Connect Moderator

Que genio @LaloPadilla ! Me alegra saber que te sirvió lo de las rutas. Eso y subir fotos son mis dos actividades favoritas en Google Maps.

Gracias por tus palabras amigo! Yo también pienso que sos un gran Local Guide y estoy segura que algún día nos vamos a poder conocer en persona. Nunca hay que perder la esperanza. 🤗

Level 8

Hi connect moderator  @Cecilita ,

How are you?

Happy to know more about you (@Cecilita)

Thank you @InaS  for sharing detailed information with us.

Stay safe and happy.

================================

Accessibility Champion- Kalyan Pal 

Connect Moderator

Gracias amigo @LightRich !

Realmente fue el límite de mi toc de organizar todo el tema de los post-it 😂

Ojalá pueda algún día viajar a Italia! Realmente sería un sueño hecho realidad.