InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Silvina

Caption: A photo of Silvina smiling and an illustration with the words ‘Silvina Colodro,’ the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook with a magnifying glass, and a camera.Caption: A photo of Silvina smiling and an illustration with the words ‘Silvina Colodro,’ the Local Guides pin, an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook with a magnifying glass, and a camera.

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet Silvina (@SilvyC). Silvina lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and speaks Spanish and English.

Name: Silvina Colodro

Caption: A photo of Silvina smiling for the camera in Tigre, Argentina. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SilvyC)Caption: A photo of Silvina smiling for the camera in Tigre, Argentina. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SilvyC)

What I love about being a Local Guide: I like to keep Google Maps updated and help people find what they need: from a great pizza place to a homeopathic vet. We have the perfect tool to be helpful in many ways, [and] we need to be conscious of it. 

I love to interact with Local Guides [from] around the world on Connect. Last year, due to the pandemic, I was lucky to hang out with many of them, thanks to the virtual meet-ups. Now, we know each other better, and we want to meet in person one day. Last but not least, Connect is the perfect place to tell stories about my travels and to share about my favorite food; writing is one of the things I enjoy most in life.

Caption: A collage of screenshots from different virtual meet-ups in 2020 that Silvy took part in. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SilvyC)Caption: A collage of screenshots from different virtual meet-ups in 2020 that Silvy took part in. (Courtesy of Local Guide @SilvyC)

Why I’m a Connect Moderator: I like to welcome [the new members] as a way to say, "Hey, we're here, we're friendly," and help others as they helped me at the beginning when I was pretty lost. 

My favorite things to explore: New cities, [especially] those that are a mix of modern and old. I don't drive, so I use public transportation in every place to feel like a local in a way.

Also, I like to go to shopping malls (guilty as charged!), [and] spend the whole day at the biggest ones.

Caption: A collage of five photos of Silvy from different places: Santa Monica, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Disneyland Anaheim (USA), Mar del Plata (Argentina), and Toronto (Canada). (Courtesy of Local Guide @SilvyC)Caption: A collage of five photos of Silvy from different places: Santa Monica, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Disneyland Anaheim (USA), Mar del Plata (Argentina), and Toronto (Canada). (Courtesy of Local Guide @SilvyC)

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: Adding new places, definitely. I’ve made my own crusade of it. I have a photographic memory [which I use] to detect a new business in my area to add. It's funny because sometimes I see a new business that's being set up but isn't open yet, and I [would] walk in front of that place every day to check if it's open and I can add it. 

Languages I read/speak/write fluently: Spanish is my native language, and I'm improving my English skills every day. 

Places I’d like to visit: I learned about so many beautiful places during the virtual meet-ups I attended last year that I'm going to need more than one lifetime to visit each one. On my list are places like Amalfi Coast (Italy), Tulum (Mexico), Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Fun facts about me: My happy place is Disneyland in California, where I enjoy riding all the roller-coasters. I don't like selfies; I took more selfies as a Local Guide than in my whole life. I don't like alcoholic drinks, but diet coke is my favorite. Seriously, sometimes I drink it in my breakfast! I love white chocolate, even if it’s not real chocolate. I have two cats, and I talk to them all the time, [even though] one of them is deaf.

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @SilvyC. Say hi or ask her a question below as she has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Ricardo in May 2021

Learn more about Nyai in April 2021

Learn more about Sagir in March 2021

Learn more about Cecilia in February 2021

Learn more about Kashif in January 2021

Learn more about Feliciana in December 2020

Learn more about Penny in October 2020

Learn more about Alexandre in September 2020

Learn more about Shafiul in August 2020

Learn more about Jane in July 2020

Learn more about Luigi in June 2020

Learn more about Julien in May 2020

Learn more about Jan in April 2020

Learn more about Emeka in March 2020

Learn more about Omer in February 2020

Learn more about Sumaiya in January 2020

Learn more about Steve in December 2019

Learn more about Jordan in November 2019

Learn more about Torben in October 2019

Learn more about Hiroyuki in September 2019

Learn more about Jesi in August 2019

Learn more about Alejandra in June 2019 

Learn more about Adrian in May 2019 

Learn more about Gregg in January 2019

Learn more about Stephen in November 2018

Learn more about Paul in October 2018

Learn more about Sonia in August 2018

Learn more about Nunung in July 2018

Learn more about Shirley in June 2018

Learn more about Ilankovan in May 2018

Learn more about Farid in April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig in March 2018

Learn more about Karen in February 2018

Learn more about Ivan in January 2018

Learn more about Ermes in December 2017

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
81 comments
Level 10

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Silvina

@InaS Great Introduction to @SilvyC . It is good to know more about her, even though we meet on a weekly basis in #StateChallenge Meetups. looking forward to meeting you when you visit Northern California!

Connect Moderator

Wow, @InaS , thanks for this post !!

@SilvyC  is one of the few Connect Moderators I haven't met in person yet 😞

At least this is what I know, maybe in the future we will discover that we had a dinner in the same day in the same restaurant in Puerto Madero, and simply we didn't knew each other 🙂

I knew about her cats already (I have three cats and I talk with them all the time) 🐈  and, well, I have a good photographic memory too. I will always remember a face, but not the name of a person (sometimes this is embarrassing)

Well done @SilvyC 

Connect Moderator

Superb post @InaS about one of the sweetest persons I know @SilvyC .

My friend Silvina, great to know more about you and I m so Glad to meet you on Connect and be a CM with you!

Stay blessed and keep smiling ☺️😍

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Congratulations again to @SilvyC  for featuring as a Connect Moderator. Very glad to know more you. Carry on your great activities. 

Happy Guiding!

Connect Moderator

Thanks @InaS for this awesome post about @SilvyC, a fellow Local Guide and Connect Moderator.  I agree with you Silvina, Connect is a great forum to interact with Local Guides from around the world and is the perfect place to tell stories about my travels. However, unlike you, I prefer alcohol and think it's better for you than diet coke 😉 😂 🤣 😃 😎

Connect Moderator

@InaS Thanks for sharing this great post about Silvy

@SilvyC De nuevo, Felicidades por ser Moderadora, me gustan mucho tus posts sobre viajes y no te olvides de llamarnos a todo el TeamTacos cuando vengas a México!!!

Connect Moderator

Very nice introduction @SilvyC, happy to read something more about you! And besides your wishes to visit the Amalfi coast (where I'm originally from 😉) and I'm reading that you don't like selfies ?!?!? Hahaha then we need definitely meet soon, so we can take many of them together, perhaps you will change idea 😁🤳😆.

Thank you @InaS for the beautiful post!

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thanks @InaS for sharing this post.

Glad to know more about you @SilvyC

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

@InaS 

Great introduction thanks for sharing with us. 

Hi @SilvyC  great to hear about your work see you on Saturday at world challenge. 

Regards Tejal