ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: From the day when everything started - Maps of earthquake in central Italy

@ErmesT You are always in your good ways. Still your talking about that earthquake. Your act as a great hero and it reflected here .. 

Keep it up these great works and Thanks @LucioV and others who were  always beside you...

Happy Guiding !!! 

Level 10

@ErmesT You are just amazing.Thanks for all you share.

@ErmesTa écrit :

Thanks @Julien44

I'm replying to you here, I don't want to take the ownership of the wonderful post made by @ShafiulB@

There's a lot more to do in there, we have some interesting project, but is too early now to talk about that.

The virtual tour made by @manulele81 is a sample of what local guides can do for our territory

We had two important events in there, and a lot of activities. You can see in the search:

Norcia

Visso

Castelsantangelo

We will continue the put our efforts in there

Ermes

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT wrote:

Thanks @Julien44

I'm replying to you here, I don't want to take the ownership of the wonderful post made by @ShafiulB@

There's a lot more to do in there, we have some interesting project, but is too early now to talk about that.

The virtual tour made by @manulele81 is a sample of what local guides can do for our territory

We had two important events in there, and a lot of activities. You can see in the search:

Norcia

Visso

Castelsantangelo

We will continue the put our efforts in there

Ermes

No doubt you all doing great. @ErmesT Hope we will see more improvement there. 

Take care yourself and keep it up..

Happy Guiding !!!

Connect Moderator

Thanks all, @ShafiulB

@Julien44, @Venance, @Anonymous, @DavidTito

I strongly believe that we, Local Guides, we can really do more for our planet. I will never forget the huge effort that Nepal and Bangladesh local guides has in helping during the last year flood.

I think that this is the scope of our community. This is what I love to read, more than useless selfcelebrating post about kudos.

I mean, I love fun of course, but I love more to find interesting contents

Thanks all

Ermes

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT You are right !!! It can be another way to keep our mind or soul fresh. 

I like your all efforts to make awareness about natural disasters. Finally salute for your job..

Happy Guiding !!! 

Level 10

It's a pleasure to be useful and helpful @ErmesT.

Everyday I'm happy to bring a smile or a solution to someone somewhere in the world.

Level 10

Level 9

Thanks @ErmesT!

For me Local Guides is a program that combines passion with photography to the possibility of making a territory a unique place, to visit, to preserve.

I am often sorry to see how these things are of great interest to ordinary people and little to institutions and owners.

Bye!

Level 10

@ErmesT & @LucioV -- Fabulous job, just came to know about this from other thread!! Keep going...May God grant u long long life for completing many great activities for the community!!! 

Regards,

Fahid K.A.

@ErmesT wrote:

Moderator's Note: Ermes is the creator of Progetto Re-Building, a project to collect and share photos of the towns destroyed by the 2016 earthquake in Central Italy. This post highlights the project's progress in the past year as shown on the included My Map. Bravo, Ermes, Local Guides and friends. 

Caption: A bell tower devastated by the 2016 earthquake.Caption: A bell tower devastated by the 2016 earthquake.

Today is an Important day, a day to remember.

One year ago, early in the morning, a devastating earthquake was litterally erasing an important part of central Italy.

My second post here in Connect was just about this terrible event. Here in the words of @TraciC, followed by the comment of @Corrie

Traci and Corrie comments gave me the start, gave me the feeling that I wasn't crazy, in keep on going with my project. Thanks for this, I will never forget it.

My very first post in Connect was about this subject, it was October 6, 2016.

Now, 389 days later, the idea is starting to have a form. Still in evolution, need more effort, need more contributions, but is already something that I can show you.

Why has it taken so long? For a simple reason: the priority, in a destroyed country, was not to give me photos.

The first priority was to have food, a place to stay, warm clothes, with a Winter season that was already coming.

So we moved, 6 local guides from different places of Italy, to meet in Norcia with @manulele81, for the Local Guides Volunteer Day 2016, started in Italy by @LucioV

The event have been very important also for us. In that day, we built a friendship, we built a group of active Local Guides, that was working, that still working hard, to keep the attention of the word over that area.

And we were able to do it, to keep this situation all the time under the spotlight.

In 2017 we had three meetup in the area, (Norcia, Visso, Castelluccio) with a lot of attention from the media.

Some of us is now called "local hero"

Some of us has been mentioned during LocalGuidesSummit2017.

So, here is the first map. It is a child, but is growing up. Play with it, to see the photos of every place

Thanks to @AntonellaGr, that is working with me everyday for this project.

The Map will be shared in a few hours in all socials we are in, but the preview is for all of you.

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Fahid.

For your words. We did small things, like many other did. Small, actions, that combined together, can move to important results. We will be there again in 8 days, for a meet-up. Definitely, we will never leave the area, is on on our heart now