ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: From the day when everything started - Maps of earthquake in central Italy

What a wonderful project to work on @ErmesT. And I can't believe it's already been a year. I remember the day the earthquake happened. The whole world was so shocked by this massive natural disaster. I remember watching @LucioV's video on Norcia. It felt so sad to see the historical city being ruined. Italy must be very proud to have people like you who voluntarily came forward to re build the city, to bring lives to those historical sites, to preserve the history of human civilization. All the best Ermes and Lucio and may other Italians, who are working hard behind this project.

I hope one day I can visit the places in person. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Corrie, for your support. Not mentioned before but, thanks to @MariaBi. Grazie Maria, un abbraccio forte forte.

Thanks @SoniaK, for your words. I know what you mean, I know you will come, in the next future, and I will be your local Local Guide

Now, for the ones that want to know more, a short photostory

A few photos from the Local Guides Volunteer day 2016

Antonella and Lucio at Red Cross Camp - Norcia - December 12 - 2016Antonella and Lucio at Red Cross Camp - Norcia - December 12 - 2016

Caritas Camp - Norcia - December 12, 2016 -Caritas Camp - Norcia - December 12, 2016 -

March 10, 2017 - Private visit in Norcia - Meeting people

March 11, 2017 - (very) temporary house in Norcia countryside - helping the volunteers to distribute goodsMarch 11, 2017 - (very) temporary house in Norcia countryside - helping the volunteers to distribute goods

March 11, 2017 - Norcia - Chimney of a countryside houseMarch 11, 2017 - Norcia - Chimney of a countryside house

March 11, 2017 - Norcia countryside - SpringtimeMarch 11, 2017 - Norcia countryside - Springtime

March 11, 2017 - Private visit in Castelsantangelo sul Nera - Meeting people

March 12, 2017 - Inside the Red ZoneMarch 12, 2017 - Inside the Red Zone

March 12, 2017 - Red Zone - A frescoes from XII century - in the wall of a collapsed churchMarch 12, 2017 - Red Zone - A frescoes from XII century - in the wall of a collapsed church

A photo "on the road": Umbria's full moon

Caption: The moon over the mountains - March 10, 2017 - On the road - Entering Umbria - Photo credit: Local Guide @ermestCaption: The moon over the mountains - March 10, 2017 - On the road - Entering Umbria - Photo credit: Local Guide @ermest

See you tomorrow with the next part

Ermes

Level 8

Our land may be generous, give us more than we need.  Our land may be not forgiving, give us more challenge than we want.

The Power of Nature always keep us humble.  One moment, we lost most if not all that we cared most.

People need help.  Land need help.  Society need help.

Local Guides will always find ways to help.  Because we care.

Thank you @ErmesT to bring this story to us.  It reminds us that we can think big and make great impacts.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @YK1001 for your important words. You are right an we, first, we need help.

We care, and this is the base. No heroes, no big actions. Life is a step by step story, and the longest way is only a long sequence of small steps.

And a step, is something that everyone can do. A little, simple, single step. Then, one more ...

Ermes

Level 8

@ErmesT @LucioV I'm not fond of earthquakes we get them in New Zealand but even tho I'm not there at their at moment I understand the shaking feeling thanks for sharing @ErmesT

Level 7

Wow, @NaYeM It's hard for me to believe it's been a year already. In a year, so much has happened and I remember the devastating news, feeling so saddened by it and again reading your post here in Connect. To see something so beautiful come out of this terrible thing has been amazing! 

@TraciC wrote:

Wow, @ErmesT. It's hard for me to believe it's been a year already. In a year, so much has happened and I remember the devastating news, feeling so saddened by it and again reading your post here in Connect. To see something so beautiful come out of this terrible thing has been amazing! 

NaYeM
Level 8

Hi @ErmesT..

Thanks for your effort on this project.. A year is not a simple thing.. You are inspiring many Local Guides like me.. You have the support from Local Guides from all parts of the world.. I am learning so much from you..  Thanks again.. 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

@ErmesT  It's very memorable subject.Thanks a lot! for your all of nice contribution.  

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Former Google Contributor

Hi @ErmesT 

Very proud and very happy - and so impressed - about how this amazing project went so far!

Ricambio il tuo ( e vostro) forte abbraccio!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Connect Moderator

Thanks to all of you for your kind words 

@DavidTito

During one of our meetup in the area, we had a small earthquake too. Only a 3.1 Richter, for a few seconds. Not so strong, but enough to understand why there is people that, after one year, refuse to enter in all the buildings. 

@SalmaanN

@OmarBD

Thanks a lot for your attention and your support, it is important for our group. 

@MariaBi

L'abbraccio è voluto e dovuto. Sei stata una delle prime persone a capire e sostenere. Hope to meet you in person, soon

Ermes