ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[edited] August 24 -The day of the End - The day of the Begining

364 days and 22 hours to now, at 3.36 am, a 6.0 earthquake destroyed the historical heart of Italy.

It was the day of the end, but also a day of the begining.

We, Italian Local Guides, we runs a lot of activities to help this part of our beautifu country.

This is only an Edit of the old post that I wrote on October 30, when a second eartquake destroyed also a lot of beautiful towns in Le Marche.

With this edit I only want to keep the memory alive in everyone of us. We were there five times in the last few months, and we will be there soon, again, and again.

Thanks for reading

Ermes

Here, the old post:

This morning, just a few hours ago, another piece of our beautiful country has been destroyed by the earthquake.

Today, more than yesterday, we need your help, we need your photos, we need you to share this message with other people.

Now is time to cry, for our country, for our people, but tomorrow will be the time to restart.

These pictures are taken now by various newspaper.

But we hope to have picture of how this country was before the earthquake.

It doesn't matter if Google is going to update Maps or not, we need to create a space of remembering, a space to watch how these towns was, to Re-build it like it was before.

We cannot loose the memory of it

From "La Stampa"From "La Stampa"From "Il Sole 24 ore"From "Il Sole 24 ore"From "Ansa agency" - Norcia, San Benedetto churchFrom "Ansa agency" - Norcia, San Benedetto church

If you want more information about our project, here are the previous posts. You can also write to me

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Progetto-Re-Building-sharing-memories/m-p/4...

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Italiano/Guide-Locali-e-Google-Maps-Che-cosa-ti-piace/m-p/5275...

@Corrie@TraciC@JessicaA, if you have any idea to a better way to sharing this, a most appropriate space to post this message, please let me know. I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope the explanation is clear.

TKS to everyone

Ermes

Marche, Italia
23 comments
Level 5

Re: Read: We need your help. Now it is time for crying, but tomorrow we want to Re-build

Please accept my sympathy with this awful tragedy @ErmesT

Level 9

Re : Read: We need your help. Now it is time for crying, but tomorrow we want to Re-build

je suis de tout cœur avec vous dans ces moments de peine et de douleurs.

je souhaite que tous les Mulhousiens se joignent à moi pour vous soutenir.

Cordialement

Connect Moderator

Re : Read: We need your help. Now it is time for crying, but tomorrow we want to Re-build

Thank you @JoaoAntonioM  @ZuhairM, merci monsieurs, I hope this idea can help to rebuild all this villages "like they was". We are loosing an important part of our culpture, of our history, of our Art.

Googler

Re: Read: We need your help. Now it is time for crying, but tomorrow we want to Re-build

Hi @ErmesT, I was so sad to hear about yesterday's earthquake and am keeping all in Italy in my thoughts. 😞 

For others who were not aware, there was a devastating earthquake yesterday in Italy

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Thank you @TraciC, now more than ever we must stand together, to share our knowledge, and to think about rebuilding this great part of the culture and history of Europe.

I really think we should do this, we must do this, for the respect that we must have for our history

Former Google Contributor

@ErmesT Our thoughts are with the people of Italy and those injured or killed by these earthquakes. 

You are welcome to continue this effort here on Connect. Another option could be creating a shared album on Google Photos that anyone can join and/or contribute to. You may also be interested in using Street View to go back and compare what things looked like before the earthquake and what it looks like after. 

Connect Moderator

@Corrie, thanks a lot for everything.

In fact, my first thought was to use Street View, and someone has already done something with this. It was made a 3D reconstruction of Amatrice just two weeks ago: http://www.makerfairerome.eu/it/amatrice-3d-omaggio-terra-ferita/

The problem is that these are small mountain villages with narrow streets and sometimes not passable by cars. So for many places Street View is not enough

Like this:

narrow street with stairsnarrow street with stairs

Not a problem in creating a shared album in Google Photo, I just got 100 Gb in Google Drive since I'm a Local Guide Level 5, and we can buy more space if needed

The problem is to understand where each photo was taken. If we do not have a precise location of each image, it becomes unusable.

That is why I made a video that will appeal to Google to get an upgrade of Google Maps:

Of course, I hope for a positive response from Google
Everything would become easier, if Google approves my idea.

I have called it: "Google for Re-building"

However, we thought of an alternative, although more difficult, to collect images. You can find the explanation here:

The video is in Italian, but I think it is self-explaning. If needed, I can translate it in English or, with the help of the Local Guides, in any other language

I hope my idea is more clear now, please let me know what you think of this.

Thank you again @Corrie@TraciC, and to everyone that want to share this.

Ermes

Connect Moderator

@Corrie, @TraciC, @JessicaA and to all friends that follow this idea.

The first good news: the order of Padova architects has granted the patronage to our proposal. Finally something starts to move in the right way.
Here is the official letter to our association: Ordine degli Architetti di Padova

Soon there will be the official publication on their website.

Tks to everyone for helping us

Ermes

Connect Moderator

A big thank you to the Community of Guide Locali di Roma for the creation of the Maps of Local Guides Community in Italy.

Through the map I was able to get in touch directly with the Local Community of the areas affected by the recent earthquakes.

I hope to have a good feedback for my Progetto Re-Building. I will keep you informed

Special thanks to @LucioV for the support it is giving to Local Communities in Italy

In the meantime I hope to receive feedback from Google Maps about my proposal.

Thank you all for the support, in particular to @Corrie and @TraciC