Julien44's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I HAVE A DREAM

Hi my friends, 

Today is a special day. A day of celebrating something unique!

I am sure most of you guys, know Martin Luther King and have eard about his speech : "I have a dream"

Today, I would like to remind you a part of it. One of his dream was:

"That one day, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers."

Today, we can say that his dream is realised.

Today, in local guides connect, everybody is coming from different parts of the world, we all have different skin color but we join hands as sisters and brothers. We also join hands by sharing our knowledge to the maps for world's habitants.

Today, I would like to thanks Google and its team for the iniative, I also would like to thanks the local guides connect and its team and the last but not the least I would like to thanks all local guides from all around the world.

I am so proud of being part of your community.

So, my friends, it is time to join hands one more time. Let's celebrate this realised dream and the luck of being all together.

All the best to all of you!

Love

Jul

36 comments
Level 10

Re: I HAVE A DREAM

Thanks for sharing @Julien44. When we became Local Guides and started interacting with each other on  Localguidesconnect we came to realize how beautiful the world can be if the way we love and respect each other can be extended beyond our communities and the world beyond. I can't say just how much Google is doing, but most of all , I want to thank them for creating such an amazing community with proper guidelines and core values. I am happy to be part of this community and I hope to be part of it as long as it continues to exist.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Julien44,

I appreciate your positive and friendly attitude so much. Both as a person and as a mod. I am also grateful for everyone here on Connect. For all of the people who share pieces of their life, culture and experiences from all over the world. We are all one big family of curious minds craving new information, experiences and knowledge.

Big thanks,

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Thanks for sharing this post @Julien44! Through Connect, I met amazing people from all around the world and discovered that the only way of being equals is realizing that we already are! Respect is number one priority when discussing this topic, and I'm really happy you shared it here, it's really valuable for everyone in this amazing community I'm honored to be part of.

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Yes, @Julien44

LGConnect is the place where dreams come true. I have been so fortunate, in my life and as Local Guide, for being paid for traveling (well, for working) all around the world for many years, living like a local in at least 3 continents.

But the priceless experience was, six months ago, the possibility of meeting 151 local guides from so many different countries, so many different languages, all smiling, working together for a common dream. More than a prize, I am considering the experience a new starting point, a new idea of how I can be a better Local Guide.

Thanks for your post, a dream coming true

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR 

I fully agree with you. We live in a such beautiful world. Lucky us, local guides connect gives us the opportunity to show and also to discover its jewels.

This is so great. 

Level 10

Thanks sister @NadyaPN for your kindest words. It is always motivating.

I enjoy being part of the community and I wanted to express it.

Sometime we forget the chance we have to be here, to share, to discover, to learn and to meet. 

So I wanted to correct the shot and express it to everybody.

See you around 😉

Jul

Level 10

@ValeriaA_, You are welcome. What I also like in connect is to share our thoughts. This so great! You are right respect is the minimum.

@ValeriaA_a écrit :

Thanks for sharing this post @Julien44! Through Connect, I met amazing people from all around the world and discovered that the only way of being equals is realizing that we already are! Respect is number one priority when discussing this topic, and I'm really happy you shared it here, it's really valuable for everyone in this amazing community I'm honored to be part of.

Level 10

@ErmesT. Thanks for your post.

After writting my post, I thought I should titled it " I had a dream" but it was too late. 

I am very happy for you that you appreciate the way life is treating you. We should take more time to appreciate it!

I am sure, participating to a summit must be such an amazing experience. My next dream is to take part of the 2018 summit. Keep the fingers crossed :-).

Let's celebrate and let's dream my LG friends !

See you

Jul

Level 10

Bonjour @Chinoi,

Désolé mais je n'ai pas bien saisi ton message. Peux tu nous en dire un peu plus STP?

T'en remerciant par avance.

Bien à toi

Jul

@Chinoia écrit :

cet une bonne idée et j'aimerais même de trouver une à marie