ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Progetto Re-Building - sharing memories

Hello, my name is Ermes Tuon, I am level 4 local guide.

I am the creator of the "Progetto Re-Buiding", a project to collect and geolocalize photos of the towns destroyed by the recent earthquake in central Italy.

What we want to do is invite Google to modify "Google Maps" to give to every user the possibility to load photos, in specific areas, directly in a placeholder, without having to define a place before.

The idea is explained in our website, and really we think it can be a good help for the rebuild of these areas. http://www.progettorecycle.org/2016/09/20/progetto-re-building/

The english text is on the bottom of the page

I am try to find a channel to have Google listening to this, and I think this is the right one

Please let me have your comments

Tks

Treviso, TV, Italia
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Progetto Re-Building - sharing memories

Connect Moderator

TKS @LucioV for the suggestion.
Yes. I filled the form two weeks ago. I don't know how it works, i mean, i don't know if i will have an answer from Google, but I did It.
In the meantime I started to work with "My Maps", to put in the right position the photos that we start to receive. Sharing this maps can be an alternative solution, but I am a bit reluctant to do it (too dangerous, what happens if somebody decide to delete all my works?).
So, at the moment, I prefere to insert places and pictures by myself. It takes time, but the nights are long in winter..
The important thing now is to receive the photos, expecially from not touristic places.
This is why I started to contact the Local Guides in their G+ Community, even if with no result, at the moment. But the time is a gentleman, so ...

TKS Again

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Thank @LucioV, I know about this historical function of Street view. What I'm looking for are photos of narrow streets, mostly with stairs, that are not in Street view. 

During my last visit of March 11, we have seen a lot of places that are not in Street view. E.g. the historical center of Castelsantangelo sul Nera, or a lot of farm in Norcia. There are a lot places not documented. By the way, we are receiving photos from the local non profit associations, and we are working with my-maps to create a database. 

Level 10

I reported that post just to let you contact the member on maps, could be useful for Re-Building.

Connect Moderator

Level 10