Sagir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Special meet up Ibadan, Nigeria

Out of the ordinary,  I decided to do extra ordinary. 

I travel 95miles to attend this maiden meet up in Ibadan city.

This was the first meet up in the ibadan local guide community.

This city is famous with a Yoruba dish called AMALA.

they decided to add as many as possible  Amala joints Ibadan and use the opportunity to introduce others to the local guide program..
Actually this meet up was awesome...
Before going on the walk they had a lecture session to introduce to the new members on what is Local Guides program all about and how to contribute to the map..image-20180323_120610.jpg

IMG_1640-3864x2172.JPG

IMG_1648-3864x2172.JPG

it was interesting because only few know about it..

the funny part is most of them are using the app in their daily activities.
After introduction by @Oluwamayowa (the community moderator) I introduced my self to them, make some contributions and answer many questions. I help some of them updated their app. Also show them how to check their progress.
I also invited them to be connect to get latest updates.
I didn't join them for the walk because I'm rushing to go back to my town as it is far (95miles)...
Thanks

Kind regards
Sagir

@HelloSamsonR @ValeriaA_ @Julien44 @OSAMA @ErmesT @TraciC @LuisRG @HelloJess

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Nustreams Conference & Culture Centre, Ibadan, Nigeria
44 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: [RECAP] Lagos Local Guides Forum

Hello @Adebillions,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Keep on reading for tips on getting started as a Local Guide :).

You can watch this video on getting started as a contributor. You’ll also be able to review the program’s rules and best practices here. Learn more about searching the community for opportunities to engage and find topics that interest you most.

Finally, don’t forget to introduce yourself to your fellow guides. I'll be moving your post here to better align our discussions. 

I invite you to Connect and can’t wait to see what you’ll post next!

View solution in original post

Level 9

Re: Special meet up Ibadan, Nigeria

It's good to see you have done your efforts bro, do add the recap post link if possible 🙂

Your efforts will motivate these new members to remain active in LG's program.

Connect Moderator

The meet up host is yet to write a recap, I will surely share here when is ready..

Thanks Bro @Haseeb

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Sagir, for being able to go there to introduce the Local Guide program during the Meet-up, and of course for sharing your experience with us.

Agree with you, so many people are using Maps during their life, and they are completely unaware of the powerful tool that they have in their hands.

Thank you for taking your time for meeting them.

Thanks for the photos too

Ermes

Level 10

Thumbs up for you @Sagir! Your travelling from Lagos to Ibadan in order to attend a meet-up is highly commendable.

I was born in Ibadan and lived there until 1998 when I decided to move to Lagos. Yes, Ibadan which is probably the largest city in Africa is well known for àmàlà and visiting that ancient city without eating àmàlà is as good as depriving oneself of life's tastiest delicacies.

Well done man!

Level 10

Hi @Sagir

This is a fabulous report to see the Local Guides communities across Africa are all Connected and so vibrant in positive activities working together, having fun while being so positive with excellent productivity. 

Great results are seen here from what you tell us and these great pictures as well. 

Congratulations for being such a dedicated Local.Guide and sharing this all with us.

Thank you so much for all you do and travelling so far as well.

Local Guides is a such great family community that is so extensive and expands so far across all nations, seeing this confirms the strength of all we are a part of. 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Sharing the fun @Osaka78forTRUMP , @Briggs , @OSAMA  , @

@BishowvijayaP , @KarenVChin @PaulPavlinovich

Connect Moderator

Great to see a new group of people getting involved in the giant game of #localguides

Level 10

Look at the turnout, am so happy and amazed as well. So glad to see the Nigerian Local Guides community growing day by day. Superb. Thanks for sharing @Sagir you really did well with the efforts you put up with.

Level 10

Hello my friend @Sagir,

I am always amazed when I see such involvement. Let's me congratulate you for what you do.

You are like a big brother : You watch over others, they can always count on you, you show them the right path and this whatever happens. This is so great!

You have shown us once again, that you are a veyr good local guide. You have given some of your time, you have transmitten your love of local guides program, you have shared your knowledge and experience.

Thank you for being such a good example.

Jul

@Sagira écrit :

Out of the ordinary,  I decided to do extra ordinary. 

I travel 95miles to attend this maiden meet up in Ibadan city.

This was the first meet up in the ibadan local guide community.

This city is famous with a Yoruba dish called AMALA.

they decided to add as many as possible  Amala joints Ibadan and use the opportunity to introduce others to the local guide program..
Actually this meet up was awesome...
Before going on the walk they had a lecture session to introduce to the new members on what is Local Guides program all about and how to contribute to the map..image-20180323_120610.jpg

IMG_1640-3864x2172.JPG

IMG_1648-3864x2172.JPG

it was interesting because only few know about it..

the funny part is most of them are using the app in their daily activities.
After introduction by @Oluwamayowa (the community moderator) I introduced my self to them, make some contributions and answer many questions. I help some of them updated their app. Also show them how to check their progress.
I also invited them to be connect to get latest updates.
I didn't join them for the walk because I'm rushing to go back to my town as it is far (95miles)...
Thanks

Kind regards
Sagir

@HelloSamsonR @ValeriaA_ @Julien44 @OSAMA @ErmesT @TraciC @LuisRG @HelloJess

Connect Moderator

@Sagir it seems like you organized a very succesful meet-up, contratulations!

I'm glad that you are introducing more people to the program 🙂