ArielleM_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - May 2018

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like April's to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Arielle in Jersey City, NJ.Arielle in Jersey City, NJ.

A little about me:

1. Name: Arielle M.
  2. Location: Newark, NJ - raised in Jersey City, born in Manhattan (Upper East Side)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: The ability to help others make informed decisions based on my own personal experiences was my initial thought behind becoming a Local Guide. This adds tremendous value to anything I do and I love that! I’d also really like to increase Meet-Up engagements in both Jersey City and Newark, New Jersey, connecting people from the inside-out. I’m very familiar with many small business owners and would love to put them on the map because I believe in supporting my community. As an artist, I want to dedicate special attention toward connecting the creative networks in these regions as well - there are tons of studios, galleries, and labs hidden within the confines of these small, but large cities.
  4. My favorite [place / thing / cuisine / other] to exploreI adore museums, movies, theatre, music, gaming and anything related to the arts. Being around other creatives feeds a hunger I have for a specific energy and like-mindedness. I’m also a big fan of most Asian cuisine, namely Indian, Thai, Chinese, and Japanese.

Fun Fact about me: I “rescued” a fawn one rainy day and smuggled him into my apartment where both my cat and dog kept him company after he was dried and fed. He fit perfectly in the cat’s unused bed (my cat hates his bed). I also had a praying mantis (Herman was his name) stay with me for 3 months after he climbed in through an open window - he was cage free and had his own lounge area along the window screen. He’d stay on my shoulder while I strummed my guitar and really helped me throughout that period of my life.

Background: My family is Indo-Trinidadian (home of Soca music and the steel pan) and Venezuelan. I simply love being a Caribbean gal. The music, food and culture has breathed so much life into me over the years.

Indiana Jones - my catIndiana Jones - my catRyu - the family ShibaRyu - the family ShibaTreehouse - markers on watercolor paper - by Arielle M.Treehouse - markers on watercolor paper - by Arielle M.

New York, NY, USA
1,888 comments
Level 5

Local Guide

Hello All!

Erin here from Cape Cod! I love being a local guide and reading reviews from other guides.  When choosing a hotel, restaurant, venue, etc.... I always read the reviews.  I think it is SO helpful to have an actual persons experience to help navigate your plans and travels. When deciding where to stay, eat or just relax you want to make sure you are going to have the best possible experience and being able to read and leave reviews is one of the most important keys to attaining that satisfaction.  So keep on traveling, blogging, taking pictures, reviewing and experiencing, its a great big world out there, lets help each other discover it......cheers!

-Erin Eldredge

Level 5

I'm new

Hi to all, i'm new here, please help me guys to be able to be there at Live Connect 2018myselfmyself

amkulfat
Level 6

Re: I'm new

I'm new too. And I also want to know what I should do to attend the event.

Level 6

Local Guides Connect

Hello, google local guides friends!

I am Lúcio, brazilian, from Rio de Janeiro, living nowadays in Brussels, Belgium. I started to be a Local Guide only for fun, trying to share my good experiences around the  world, and suddenly I've notice how amazing is this tool. Life is short. Let's share our great moments. I hope to see you in California in October and learn with you!

Level 5

Introduction

Good afternoon!

My name is Christian, and I have been a local guide, even before becoming one with Google.  Since moving back to Central Indiana, I have volunteered with several local events, with many people at those events asking me what to see, do, eat...here in Indianapolis, and the surrounding areas.  Since that time, the Indianapolis area has grown to incorporate and offer many different events, experiences and culinary offerings.  This growth, as a city, has been exciting to see as a city, and it does not look to be slowing!  Since preparations started for Super Bowl XLVI, new fixtures, buildings and public spaces have been built and developed, all while maintaining a uniquely "Indianapolis" experience. 

The opportunity to participate in the many events I have, from Olympic Trials, to the Superbowl and major facility openings, Lucas Oil Stadium and the Airport Terminal, has whet my appetite to learn more about the city I have come to know rather well.  This has been reinforced by the fact that I have recently become an employee with a major hotel chain.  When our guests arrive, most are from a different city or country and ask what to see and do while they are in my city.  Telling them about the boutique stores, restaurants, cultural and culinary districts, as well as locations like the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has really been an asset to my guests and myself.  It also shows that I am proud to live in this city. 

In addition, since I have been a travel bug my entire life, with 42 states and 10 countries under my belt, I can relate to most guests.  I know the unfamiliarity, the lack of knowledge of a new place, with no one to help guide them, and a genuine curiosity to try something more than the typical chain restaurants and shopping malls travelers may find familiar from home.  It has been a pleasure to share these experiences with the many people I have, and a genuine honor that I have had a positive impact on their experience.  Hopefully, if it is their only time, I have contributed in a positive way, or if they are returning, offered them something they have not experienced before, and might again and again.!

Level 9

Re: Introduction

42 states and 10 countries under my belt, 🙂 awesome @ChristianMB

Best of luck with your application for Connect live!

Level 6

Same here. I'm new here and would like to be there live and direct.

Level 7

Hello everyone: 

I'm also  new here and would like to ask for any tip or advice that helps in attending local guide live connect event. 

Regards 

Level 6

Hey! All your doubts can be solved here : https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/News-Updates/Announcing-this-year-s-big-event-Connect-Live-201...

I hope I have helped you.