ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Step 1 - Education

Hi @ErmesT,

You are doing it in the right way and this book seems to be adapted to apprehend the issue with kids. It will give you for sure usefull idea.

@ErmesTa écrit :

Looking for ideas, today I bought my first children's book about recycling - reusing @IlankovanT, @NunungAfuah, @KarenVChin, @AlejandraMaria @NareshDarji, @Julien44, @Shirley, @MelizzaNeon

Connect Moderator

Yes @DavidTito

Many countries have a lot of great initiative. Visit https://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/, that was a couple of weeks ago.

I don't pretend to have an idea that no one had before. What makes the difference is that we want to do it worldwide, sharing ideas and experience, because want a country do can be useful for others

Level 10

@Shirley, I really like this 3Rs and also the poster idea. It is very easy to remember and speaking to kids!

I would just suggest to put it an different order : Reducing, Reusing and Recycling.

@ErmesT

It could help structuring the speech in that way:

1st: Try to reduce using plastic 

2nd: If no choice, try to reuse it

3rd:If not possible, make it recycled

Have a nice day and see you around

Jul

Level 8

@ErmesT sorry I did know about that but I didn't realize it was just recent normally I catch it on the Tv news but I hardly ever get to watch Tv it was something I was going to bring to the post

@ErmesT wrote:

Yes @DavidTito

Many countries have a lot of great initiative. Visit https://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/, that was a couple of weeks ago.

I don't pretend to have an idea that no one had before. What makes the difference is that we want to do it worldwide, sharing ideas and experience, because want a country do can be useful for others

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Julien44

I agree with you, @Julien44, your structure should work fine with elementary school.

With older children, I would like to add one more point: why we try to reduce, reuse, recycle plastic?

@Shirley, your poster idea remember my a game about food that I have seen at Milan Expo 2015, in the Angola Pavillon.

The photo is not very good, but the game is simple and interesting

SANY0299.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody

This is interesting graphic about plastic straws, that are mostly used by children:FB_IMG_1521115453992.jpg

Because learning is the most important and first step we across when growing up our children should learn not to use things that can harm our nature or not to use them at all. In this case plastic straws. But how we should ban something from our children when everything is designed to please our and their needs. In this specific case something need to be done in the process after use of straws. It is not children's fault they are using straws it's ours, and we are the ones who should change the way we do things and figure out the way to recycle them after use...

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT The best of best idea for the environment .. 

Great intuitive .. just am speechless here.

Thanks again for this idea..

Happy Guiding !!! 

Level 10

@ErmesT This is a great initiative. Sri Lanka is trying to get ride of plastics and they are trying to educate people. I will join with you to make our world a beautiful place. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Anonymous, sorry for replying so late to you.

The Logo contest, that will be closed in a few hours, is taking, and will do for une more week, most of my energies.

Plastic straws are the classic example of a bad commercial behavior, and in many countries there are proposal for removing from the market.

In Italy, plastig bags are no more usable in shops (is a very new law), and have been replaced by biodegradable bags.

It will not happens today nor tomorrow but, drop by drop, we will be able to clean the planet.

Education is so important in this, so I really hope to be able to tra nsform this thread in a very important "laboratory of ideas"

I will be back here soon

Ermes

Connect Moderator

I was just waiting for you to come @AnuradhaP

@AnuradhaP wrote:

@ErmesT This is a great initiative. Sri Lanka is trying to get ride of plastics and they are trying to educate people. I will join with you to make our world a beautiful place. 

I know your country, and your communities, are both doing a lot for plastic pollution. I have some "first hand" information from @IlankovanT 🙂

I am so happy to have you in the team

Ermes