ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Step 1 - Education

@ErmesT Inspiring Introspective Moderate. I wish you all the very best.

Best Regards

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 9

Great Initiative ! 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @IlankovanT

I think that also @KarenVChin and @OSAMA will love to share their experience about preschool and elementary school

@IlankovanT wrote:

Good job @ErmesT 😊

I'm 100% agree on this Preschool and Elementary school educational training. As I said earlier I will give my full support to this activity. I love teaching kids and specially these kind of training for kids 😊

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Great initiative @ErmesT

I agree with you. Because if a building is built then it should first strengthen its foundation.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

You are right @NareshDarji

This is the reason why I would like to involve also students from university, @MahabubMunna.

Students can have a big part in this project. In my imagination, I can see a lot of meetup, in which university meet teachers and elementary school

Connect Moderator

Level 10

Level 9

@ErmesT: This is such an undertaking. I want to applaud and thank you for the initiative that you have taken for this project.

With regards to ideas...here were a few things that I recall doing (way back when...)

When i was in high school, we, as in a few of my classmates and I, got to go to an elementary school to do some teaching with regards to the 3Rs: Recycling, Reusing and Reducing.

We tried to do a few interactive activities with  the kids.

• Here in my city, we have a complex process for sorting out items for disposal each week, glass, plastic, newspaper, mixed paper, etc. We took a handful of items including soda bottles, cereal boxes, soft plastic bags, milk jugs, etc. and asked the children to organize them into piles to teach them what to do and how to sort through their waste at home. We actually went to the city at the time and asked them for the bags and bins that are normally distributed to households so that the kids would recognize where to put the items as well.
  • We talked about things like using a reusable water bottle to reduce plastic waste. We had things like stickers to give to the kids for their water bottles so they can personalize and make it more "personal."
  • With regards to the 3Rs: A poster board for each of the 3 words. Then had items that we should recycle, reduce and reuse taped onto them. For example, we had pop cans, magazines, and newspapers on the recycle board. Foam containers, plastic utensils, and take out boxes were on the reducing board. Reusing board had items like scrap paper, shoe boxes, etc.

Just a few ideas to start. Will come back to populate as I get more ideas.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

Hi @ErmesT super cool idea 🙂

Level 8

@ErmesT thank you for this great introduction I have spoken with my son's school principal  and he's very fond I the idea, in fact, he has his own yearly plan for this and that not I will create My map 

for this occasion, but I think I could be creating more keep out an eye out I may have some big surprises