Julien44's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

#LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Family bike ride in the countryside

Hi guys,

I just would like to share with you our last sunday afternoon.

Yesterday, my family had nothing planned for the afternoon (usually the kids have sport during the weekend).

So we decied to take the bikes and to go in the countryside to make a clean up party.

It was great as the kids were pleased to do this and made like a game : Who will be the first to see the waste?

In order to do this activity we took our biggest backpack (70 liters), put a garbage bag inside and took some gloves.

At the beggining, I was carrying the backpack and picking up the garbage but we found it was not convenient. My wife proposed to take the backpack and the kids and myself were picking up the garbage. 

We have found lot of plastic bottles, cigarettes boxes, beer cans. All together, we have picked up one big bag of garbage. When we arrived home, I took the time to short the bag out in order to send everything to recycle.

LGCTW - Bike rideLGCTW - Bike ride Thanks @ermest for this great project.

See you around

Jul

17 comments
Level 9

Re: #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld - Family bike ride in the countryside

Hello @Julien44

Thank you for sharing with us.

It's really a good job, I think it will inspire other local guides too.

Level 5

Good work bro, keep it up.

Connect Moderator

Hey, well don't @Julien44, exactly with the spirit of LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld, where every day can be the right day for a cleanup. Very educative too, I believe your kids were very excited in doing this.

If you have an album to share, and a position in Google Maps, @DavidTito will be for sure very happy to add your post on the worldwide “Mymaps of plastic pollution

David too will have something interesting to share with us

Great

Ermes

Level 10

Level 8

Thanks, @ErmesT for the tag, yes I would I more than happy to add his post in, But @Julien44 A family bike ride is a sure  good way to exercise moment and  You will need to give me the usual details if you like me to prosses them in thanks for sharing @Julien44

@ErmesT I am doing some editing for my [Recap] as we speak I will be back here in few hours. @LucioV @Julien44 stick around.

Level 10

@AbdullahAM, Thank you and of course I hope it will inspire some others!

@Chesoli, Thanks

@ErmesT, You are right, very good spirit and educative at the same time. Now, I always carry a carbage bag and gloves with me ! This time was a bit different that the other as we went biking with the goal of picking up the waste. Kids like doing it and I fell they are well educated on that subject! Here is the album and the location is Nantes.

@LucioV, thanks 

@DavidTito, Thanks and here above are the details. No worries, it is not urgent ;-). I am looking forward to see what you have to share. I already saw few pictures in Hangouts ;-).

See you all round

Jul

Connect Moderator

Hi @Julien44, this is great! It's nice that the kids saw it as a game, and that they are learning to take care of the Earth.

Thank you for sharing!

Level 8

@Julien44 Thanks I will be there soon I will post me [Recap] link there as well

Level 10