Kwiksatik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

#StateChallenge Index from #TeamUSA

a banner reading "Local Guides USA" designed by @kwiksatik and @Denise_Barlocka banner reading "Local Guides USA" designed by @kwiksatik and @Denise_Barlock

🇺🇸#TeamUSA🇺🇸 may be a bit late to the challenge of showcasing our country, but we are excited for the opportunity to share with you nonetheless.

ALL Local Guides around the world are welcome to participate in the #StateChallenge!!!

Our challenge is: write about the things we most enjoy (or want to enjoy) about the United States. 

Each week (or so) we will feature a different state. The schedule will be added to this article in blocks. 

There are 3 ways to participate:

✍️Write ✏️

Write a short article about that state in one of the following areas:

• Something you have 😎seen, 🎟done, 🥗eaten, 🤠experienced or 🛬visited in that state.

Or

• Something you want to 👀see, 🗻do, 🍔eat,  🎢experience or 🛫visit in that state.

☑️In order for a post to be included, posts must meet these requirements☑️

• 📃Be less than 500 words
  • 🇺🇸Include #StateChallenge in the title
  • 🗺Include #TeamYourCountryName in the article
  • 📸Include at least 1️⃣ original photo (ex. Photo of similar food, animal or experience, your face when you see it, or your country’s equivalent of the subject)
  • Publish by the deadline

🤳Meetup 💬

Each week, @Denise_Barlock will host a short meetup on Saturday. These meetups will be trivia quizzes, with questions pulled from State Challenge articles published by the deadline. You do not have to study for the trivia unless you really want to.

📰Read📰

• Read the Inspiration Announcement - It will include a few details about the state to help get you inspired, and the deadline.
  • Read the Recap Article - it will include links to the week’s #StateChallenge articles.
  • Read the Meetup Recap - 🏆Trivia Winner🏆 WILL be announced.

🏁We can’t wait to get started!🏁

📅#StateChallenge Schedule 🗓

Due date for submissions is noted next to each state.

1. Maine    challenge           meetup           #studyguide     King of Maine    
  2. Montana 🐻     challenge           meetup          #studyguide      Queen of Montana  
  3. 🎆4th of July Traditions 🇺🇸     challenge    meetup       #studyguide    King of the 4th of July
  4. Indiana 🚍        challenge     meetup               #studyguide         King of Indiana     
  5. Arizona 🏜    challenge           meetup          #studyguide     
  6. Missouri
  7. California
  8. Georgia
  9. Florida
  10. North Carolina
  11. New York
  12. Vermont
  13. Massachusetts                           

For a brush-up on your writing skills, visit @AdrianLunsong's posts on Basic, Intermediate and Advanced ✏️writing tips. 👍

40 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: #TeamUSA #StateChallenge

@Kwiksatik I'm so excited to get started on this challenge! There is SO MUCH to learn about each state. Each state is so varied and different. I can't wait to see what everyone has either done or want to do in every state! It's time for me to start thinking about my Maine article to contribute!!!

Connect Moderator

Can't wait @Denise_Barlock! This is going to be a hoot! 🦉

Connect Moderator

Wow!! @Kwiksatik  @Denise_Barlock  A well thought out and fun challenge for us all!! I've got something to write about Maine! I may struggle with finding a photo as the only photos I have of my time there are non-digitals and they are, erm, somewhere in the house (not sure where). I'll see what I can do! And I like that there's a max limit on words too!! Yay! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

I was loosing hope @Kwiksatik to see #TeamUsa in action. Great choice to start the #TeamChallenge now!!! Well done Megan and @Denise_Barlock .

I should start recruiting for #TeamItaly too.

A big hug

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @ErmesT ! I think we will have a super-fun time exploring our states. I'll likely wind up learning a few things I should have known long before now. 🤔

Connect Moderator

@AdrianLunsong If you can't find your photo, take a selfie of what your face may have looked like 🙂 I have a feeling I may be doing some of this when I can't find a photo or posting about a place I want to go to. hahahahaha

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

This is a real great idea as in fact when talking about the US, it is clear that there are so many different states and as well cultures...

I only know something about some states, but to learn now step by step with you will be great! @Kwiksatik @Denise_Barlock 

Thank you!!!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

@TorM  so excited you'll be along for the ride! Every state has weird roadside attractions, history, local specialties... We're excited to find out all about them too! Hope we get to see you at one of the meetups!