Kwiksatik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

#StateChallenge Maine

A banner with stars, stripes and an outline of the state Maine. created by @kwiksatikA banner with stars, stripes and an outline of the state Maine. created by @kwiksatik

ALL Local Guides around the world are welcome to participate in the #StateChallenge!!!  Everyone is invited to participate, whether they have visited the state themselves, or are daydreaming about what the featured state has to offer. Each challenge will have an Articles Submissions Recap and a State Trivia Meetup (with questions sourced from the submitted articles). Details of the challenge are here. If you write an article, make sure to link to it in the comments so we can include it in our recap!

✔️Articles must be published by midnight Pacific Standard Time on 6/19/2020

✔️500 words or less

✔️ Link your article in the comments

✔️Meetup on the 6/20/2020

✔️Maine #StudyGuide

Challenge: MAINE

What have you 👀seen, 🎫done, 🦐eaten or 🏟experienced in Maine? What do you want to 😎see, 🏕do, 🥞eat or 🎢experience in Maine? 

Here is a list of interesting places in Maine to help get you started!

Fun facts about Maine to get you started: 🏁
  1. Maine is the only state that shares its borders with only one other US state.
  2. Maine has a peak named after a car. 🚙
  3. 90% of the country's lobster supply comes from Maine.
  4. Maine is the single largest producer of blueberries in the United States.
  5. 🍩Donut🍩 holes were invented in Maine.
  6. The Bean Boot outside of L.L. Bean in Freeport has an actual size📏.
  7. Maine is the country's second ☃️coldest❄️ state in spring.
  8. The origin of the state's name is ⁉️unclear.

Thank you @Denise_Barlock for researching these fun facts!

🚨🚨🚨Due to an issue, the Maine Meetup has room for more attendees, but the meetup cannot allow additional RSVP's. If anyone wishes to attend but didn't make it to the meetup post before it was closed, please mention that here and @mention @Kwiksatik  or @Denise_Barlock . We will ensure you get to attend the meetup.🚨🚨🚨

Maine, ME, USA
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: #StateChallenge Maine

@Kwiksatik Whew!!!! Maine!!! What a BEAUTIFUL STATE! Now I want to go through my brain (and photos) to write an article about my visit to Acadia National Park which is the oldest National Park east of the Mississippi River 🙂 

I can't wait to see what others have to say about MAINE!!!!

Level 6

I participeted in DV-LOTTORY USA but not selected in this year, i think that it better for me all world have a bed sitiation, i hooe all people are well. @Kwiksatik  thank you for sharing.

Mohammed
Connect Moderator

🚨🚨🚨Due to an issue, the Maine Meetup has room for more attendees, but the meetup cannot allow additional RSVP's. If anyone wishes to attend but didn't make it to the meetup post before it was closed, please mention that here and @mention @Kwiksatik  or@Denise_Barlock . We will ensure you get to attend the meetup.🚨🚨🚨

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

@JordanSB You're on your way to being crowned 👑King of Maine.