Kwiksatik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

CHALLENGE | #StateChallenge 4th of July

A banner with stars, stripes, and fireworks. Created by @kwiksatik.A banner with stars, stripes, and fireworks. Created by @kwiksatik.

ALL Local Guides around the world are welcome to participate in the #StateChallenge!!!  Everyone is invited to participate, whether they have visited the state themselves, or are daydreaming about what the featured state has to offer. Each challenge will have an Articles Submissions #StudyGuide and a State Trivia Meetup (with questions sourced from the submitted articles). Details of the challenge are here. If you write an article, make sure to link to it in the comments so we can include it in our #StudyGuide!

Ways to participate:

✔️ Articles must be published by midnight Pacific Standard time July 10, 2020.

✔️500 words or less is best.

✔️Link your article in the comments so we can add it to the #StudyGuide

✔️ Attend the Meetup

Challenge: 4th of July Traditions

In celebration of the United States' Independence Day, we are hosting the #StateChallenge on the topic of 4th of July Traditions!

What have you seen, done, eaten, or experienced on the 4th of July? What do you want to see, do, eat or experience on the 4th of July? How do experiences in your home country compare to the United States' 4th of July traditions?

Here are some fun facts about the 4th of July to get you started!

1.  The Declaration of Independence was not signed on July 4, 1776.
  2. Massachusetts was the first state to make the 4th of July an official state holiday.
  3. Americans typically eat 150 million hot dogs on Independence Day.
  4. Since 2016, July 4th is the number one holiday for beer sales in the United States.
  5. The first July 4 celebration took place at the White House in 1801.
  6. The oldest 4th of July celebration is held in Bristol, Rhode Island.
  7. The oldest person to sign the Declaration of Independence was Benjamin Franklin - at age 70.
  8. The original stars on the American flag were arranged in a circle.
  9. The Liberty Bell is tapped (not rung) 13 times on the 4th of July.
  10. Three US Presidents have died on July 4.

This post is part of the #StateChallenge organized by @Kwiksatik and @Denise_Barlock. If you want to find out more, check out this post. You can also find other submissions by searching the #StateChallenge hashtag. There is also a virtual meet-up on insert state here coming up which you can sign up to here!

Seattle, WA, USA
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: CHALLENGE | #StateChallenge 4th of July

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Sophia_Cambodia ! I hope you choose to participate in the #StateChallenge yourself!

Connect Moderator

Great feature for preparation of 4th of July #statechallenge Quiz On 11th of July.

Thanks for sharing @Kwiksatik 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

@KashifMisidia your participation has been an absolute highlight for this challenge! Seeing your smiling face and chatting with you each week is such a pleasure!

Connect Moderator

@Kwiksatik great but we don't have state here, only province and city. Since I am an only active Cambodian LG, I will choose to post everything in Cambodia as a whole 🙂

Level 7

Hi all.....

We had a great day celebrating our own independence (from Lockdown) on July 4th weekend.  But we didn't forget that it was a big day in the USA too. So here's a copy of the recap that tells you exactly how we celebrated!!  

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Manchester-LG-2020-July-4th-StateChallenge-...

Hope it meets the challenge of #StateChallenge 

Pete

Connect Moderator