SholaIB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Welcome to Connect Card.

Caption: An animation of A local guide welcoming other local guides to connect. A handshake signifying connect in the background. @Shola designed on corel drawCaption: An animation of A local guide welcoming other local guides to connect. A handshake signifying connect in the background. @Shola designed on corel draw

This has been in the pipeline for quite a while now, so here you go. I commend the moderators for the monthly welcome notes. I also commend the dedicated local guides who do their best to help and interact with other fellow local guides on connect. I have been trying to welcome a few newbies as well these days, that's how I got this idea of a welcome card. Just the usual links and words we frequently use nothing extra-ordinary new. I will plan to use it in future references to new local guides on connect and please feel free to use it too. Just give them a welcome card, there is all the links to the articles necessary in it.✉️

A warm welcome to you as a newbie and pleased to have you on the forum. If this is your first visit here, you have come to the right place. This welcome card consists of a number of links to articles that will tell you everything you need to know About the forum  ,contributions and interactions with the local guides connect community in general. Enjoy your time,keep active and have fun.

Caption: An animation of a  Local guide arriving on connect for the first time and needing  the help of a guide to use the forum. Your guide to connect @Shola4sure. designed on corel drawCaption: An animation of a Local guide arriving on connect for the first time and needing the help of a guide to use the forum. Your guide to connect @Shola4sure. designed on corel draw

Although there is The-5-core-values-of-Connect , yet I'll not say much about that.

The first of the link you want to know is  Your-guide-to-Connect . It's an introductory post, and aside the welcome note in it, it also tells you what the community is all about.

• Topic boards
  • How to participate
  • The achievement board
  • Photo guidelines etc

Caption: An animation of a local guide offering to give some tips about connect. @Shola4sureCaption: An animation of a local guide offering to give some tips about connect. @Shola4sure

Aside  Your-guide-to-Connect , there are some other 14-helpful-tips-for-using-Connect if you click on that link you will find;

• Be a good citizen
  • search the community
  • give likes
  • be social

Caption: An animation of a  newbie  wondering what topics are discussed on connect. A display of connect topics pop up around him. @Shola4sureCaption: An animation of a newbie wondering what topics are discussed on connect. A display of connect topics pop up around him. @Shola4sure

That brings us to the next issue what do we discuss here or What-are-Connect-topics ? Local guides on the forum here discuss about Travel , Photography , Food and Drink , Local Stories we also organise Meet-ups . There is also the help-desk and the How-tos  board for questions and enquiries. Other boards and categories includes Achievements  where we show off our new badges on connect and the maps etc. I should also mention the RoadMapper  board.

Caption:An animation of a local guide asking how to write a post on connect. @Shola4sureCaption:An animation of a local guide asking how to write a post on connect. @Shola4sure

To participate effectively in writing posts, How-do-I-write-a-post-on-Connect article will answer that question for you. We look forward to reading your nice posts.

• Use a descriptive title 
  • Upload a photo
  • Write your post etc

The last I'll like to mention here is, we also have fun with our colleagues and moderators. We organise meet-up and attend. As a local guide level 3(at least) you can Host a meet-up  and  you can Attend a meet-up   We have physical and virtual meet-up. If you are interested here is How-to-submit-a-meet-up-on-Connect . There are other helpful tips for organising a meet-up. I have organised a lot of meet-up myself,I enjoy meeting others and socializing.

Caption: An animation of local guides standing together at a location for a meet-up. one of them a  host addressing others. @Shola4sureCaption: An animation of local guides standing together at a location for a meet-up. one of them a host addressing others. @Shola4sure

We have a monthly thread where all local guides can introduce themselves, and that link is new every month. Watch out for that please. This is all I think a newbie should know for now. You'll find out more as you use the forum. Count me a friend and a fellow local guide in connect.

N.B The idea exchange board was closed and the announcement board became highlights reference to Introducing-updates-to-some-Connect-boards . In addition to that,the "How tos board" added more use on connect.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
56 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Welcome to Connect Card.

This is without a doubt the most creative post ever on Connect that I have come across.

Your passion for positive and thoughtful writing and the penchant for welcoming new local guides to the community is highly commendable and greatly appreciated dear @SholaIB 

I am out of words to tell how amazing I feel reading through this meticulously written article.

You have evidently poured your heart into adding a personal touch with the graphics created in Corel Draw - a program that I used extensively in the distant past.

I can't thank you enough for this gesture and the entire local guide community is indebted to you for a beautiful collation of links to useful posts lying scattered all over the forum.

You have won the hearts of thousands on this forum through your superb posts until now and this one is the icing on the cake.

Connect Moderator

Welcome to Connect, @SholaIB , and thanks for this post. Time by time it is necessary to refresh the memory of the community, and this creative way for welcoming the newcomers is amazing.

Very well done. Bravo 

Connect Moderator

It is indeed creative @SholaIB, love the artwork, not sure how you did it 😄 - I totally agree with @Tushar_Suradkar on the level of creativity!

Connect Moderator

Hello @Tushar_Suradkar 

Thank you for appreciating my post,that's very kind of you as a moderator and active local guide on the forum. I always look forward to your comment on my post,it's so nice.

Well we have been good friends on connect for a good while and you have been an inspiration to me as well. You will see that I have a link to one of your post in this post as well. It's a good thing to have good content on connect, others can follow it and get inspired to write good contents. You have lots of good content on your profile. Meet-up, ideas for local guides,nice posts etc. Thank you too.

We love connect and we hope to keep it warm and organised and informative always. Welcome to connect....

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hey @ErmesT 

I am glad you like this post,we know you are an exceptional moderator and your judgement of post is credible as well. Therefore thank you for your approval. I also appreciate your inspiration in connect 

Connect seems to be so lively these days again,thanks to you moderators and other active local guides.

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

@SholaIB  excellent approach, very creative and thoughtful. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Connect Moderator

Hey, @SholaIB apologize that I'm very late for this creative post. Bookmark on my list post.

This is a summary for local guides who are unfamiliar with connect forum.

Kudos.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Nyainurjanah 

Thank you for your nice comments on this. I am happy you like it and can even bookmark it as well.

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hello @marcorp 

You are welcome. I am happy to know you like it. Hope local guides in general can benefit from this.

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge