MandyMOmof2's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Can someone please tell me what the points are for and what do you use them for? What and how are they redeemed for? I'm so confused!

Mandy

6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Points

@MandyMOmof2 it's mostly used as a gamification system while contributing on Google Maps. Keeps things interesting and gives motivation on something to aim for. 

In the past, you're only qualified to apply to the yearly Local Guides Summit / Connect Live events only after reaching certain levels. 

You can't redeem the points for anything as it's not a currency. You can learn more about how it works from the article below.

Points, levels, and badging 

Level 10

Hello @MandyMOmof2 , Our friend @iyudhi  has nicely explained about points.

To know more about points, please have a look at

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6225851?hl=en

Signature Image
Level 8

What exactly are you "so confused" about, @MandyMOmof2 

This is just Google's token reward for your free contributions to Maps in terms of Reviews or Photos you upload when you visit places. 

It is intended to pique your interest and stimulate you to do more, but it is not compulsory by any means. 

Level 6

I'm just trying to understand what the points are used for. 

Level 8

Your points determine your Local Guides level. You're just past 1,500 points and are at Level 6 now, and would move to Level 7 if you reach 5,000 points. Then 15,000 points would make you Level 8. Much higher points would get you to Level 9 and the pinnacle Level 10. 

Level 6

Thank you to everyone who has helped me understand! Have a great day!