cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] West-African dishes virtual taste meetup

20200928_163156.jpg

Shola 3-1.jpg

For a first meetup,this was far more exciting than I had imagined. The turnout  and interactive section was quite thrilling!!! @ogewuru  deserves an accolade as he was the first to connect into the meetup at15mins before the official opening of the meetup, that was a great motivation for me.Many thanks to all others who made out the time to attend and for some others who couldn't attend due to unforeseen circumstances we appreciate you all. Here is the recap so that you are not totally left out.

At 13hrs (WAT) 1pm GMT @Austinelewex my co-host and main buddy on connect gave a brief introduction of the meetup and I have to say he did a brilliant job.

Screenshot_20200927-140532_Meet.jpg

He intervened very wisely when we ran into a technical fault during the meetup. Long live the friendship and connections Austin and thank you.
Screenshot_2020-09-27-18-53-43-991_com.google.android.apps.meetings.jpg

After the brief introduction I did my presentation on A Liberian dish and A Ghanaian dish  respectively. Although during my presentation, we ran into some technical difficulties but we quickly rectified it.

Facts on this section of the meetup. 

• Nutrition is a bedrock and foundation not only to LGs, but to all living beings 
  • Healthy eating and living is quite essential for guiding
  • Healthy nutrition is essential especially in the face of the current pandemic

After my presentation,the main dish Egusi (A traditional Nigerian dish)  and highlight of the meetup was presented by @NkemNwobu and she surely gave a blast,it was an excellent presentation. It sent us all drolling and wanting more!!! Thank you Nkem we hope to invite you for more foodie presentations in future days.

Screenshot_2020-09-27-19-09-02-443_com.google.android.apps.meetings-1.jpg

IMG-20200920-WA0021.jpg

After her presentation the excitement

reached a crescendo and interactions started. There were very nice comments and questions,and the meetup stipulated for an hour went on for another 20mins.extra time. 
20200928_175355.png
Fun facts around this meetup.
  • Food is a very uniting factor
  • Some LGs gets motivation from foodie meetups more than other meetups 
  • Foodie meetups should be far more important than other meetups because that's where the strength and health comes from to hold other meetups and activities on connect
@MukulR  who has been a great motivator and brain behind this meetup did a very nice presentation of a dish from Bangladesh. Thank you for your contribution. The ladies were not left out on these as @RosyKohli also had a contribution to the meetup. we were so thrilled to have her with us.@OlgaKlimchik your interactions were quite interesting especially in the chat box. @Erik_van_den_Ham your shots during the meetup were great,you can see some of them on the recap,thanks. At this point I think @Izumi also deserves a mention as she has always been a fellow foodie even before we met for the first time on this meetup. @Tushar_Suradkar my good friend @Mayford many thanks to you all for supporting me. We have many more exciting shots in the Photo Album .
  • Good living is good and feeding is quite important to LGs,it surely helps in guiding activities so keep feeding keep guiding!!!

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Accra, Ghana
42 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] West-African dishes virtual taste meetup

Very nice recapitulation @SholaIB This was an exciting meetup. I really love and enjoy it. I will love to give special thanks to @Izumi who out of her busy schedules made it to the meetup. Although not that fluent in English, stayed till the end. My gratitude to all of you amazing Local guides who decided to join us all in this fun meetup.

Thank you so much for making this meetup a successful one.

@Zino_@ @SabbirShawon I could see you're missed in the tag

Best regards all!

Connect Moderator

Hey @doc_dells as discussed earlier will tag you on the recap,we are sorry you missed the meetup due to unforeseen circumstances. Thank you for letting us know ahead of the meetup. Here you go now!

@And12-X2 you missed the meetup so we will not tag you on this L😅L.

@Zino_ @Zinta thanks for attending. As always it's difficult to keep track of all who attended the meetup so please help tag others that you remember was with us for the virtual meetup.

Cheers

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Congratulations @SholaIB  and @NkemNwobu for successfully conducting a wonderful meetup about W.African dishes.

I enjoyed every part of it and the dishes were very interesting and looked delicious.

I especially liked the part where you played a video and narrated the recipe during the meetup.

The meetup was well-prepared in advance and much appreciated.

Your enthusiasm and smile made the meetup quite interesting.

I got to learn a great deal about the various food items from the region 👍

Connect Moderator

Hey @Austinelewex thanks for your prompt reply now and always. You are a great support. Please kindly help me tag others like Sabbir etc. I was carried away with the fun and activities on the meetup that I missed some LGs

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Thanks @Tushar_Suradkar your presence really boosted the meetup. We should do a cross-continent food meetup together someday. I realized on that meetup that food is a great uniting factor 😅. Thanks for your motivation and support. 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

That's a superb idea @SholaIB Let's plan and do this 👍

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the feedback @Tushar_Suradkar  nevertheless I need to digest this current meetup before the next 😅. We can start planning sometime soon DV. An Asian-African virtual food meetup will be lovely. That will be our chance to host something together. 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 9

I just edited my comment @SholaIB with those Local guides that attended the meetup. 

Level 8

Thank you @SholaIB I hope you liked your first Meet-up as much as I did. Sorry for being a little late to the party. I really appreciated all presentations by you and @Austinelewex the two of you ROCK and make up for a great team!   I really loved to hear and learn about the  West-African dishes thank you also @NkemNwobu for the excellent presentation and the great food. I enjoyed very much hearing about all the good food.