TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments

@TraciC Thanks for the information.

Good Luck for all Local Guides. Lets pray for our name on 151 Local Guides. 

8 more days. 

Level 9

@KaliroAlex Thank you chief!! 

Level 8

Congratulations brother! 🙂

Level 9

keep it up @deepakjhic :)))) wait wait :))

Level 9

thank you @ProfArunCM , 

@ProfArunCM wrote:

I am confident that @deepakjhic and @OSAMA will be there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @Julien44!!!!!!!

This are big news 😁😁!!!!

Very well deserved!!!!

@Julien44 wrote:

@OSAMA

I am busy preparing the bags 😉

Level 10

Many thanks to you @Badruddeen and keep up with the good work of guiding people.

Level 10

Hi @TraciC,

The kudo, I have just given is the best one I have given here in connect. I took the time to give it and I have appreciated it so much.

Reading your post and receiving the email is very rewarding. I am so proud.

Being here connected, seeing all the places, all the great friends and knowing the fact that I will meet you is a unique feelling!

Thank you so much

See you there!

Jul

Level 9

Thanks bro @OSAMA, I hope to see you there!

Level 10

LG Selected from INDIA, please add to this list: 

@~Vandana

@ProfArunCM

@NareshDarji

@HimanshiS

@FazeelUsmani

1. Prof. Arun C Mehta - Delhi
2. Naresh Darji - Gandhinagar, Gujarat
3. Miss Himanshi S - Bangalore
4. Miss Vandana B - Bangalore
5. Fazeel Usmani - Hyderabad
6. Salmaan Nawaaz - Velore, Tamil Nadu
7. Priyanka Upadhyay - Gujarat
8. Sanjay Viswanath - Malappuram, Kerala

And i got a spot reserved for me. So much excited! I can't wait

Ishmeal Lamptey
Level 8

Oh @TraciC!!!!!!!!!I got selected for the Connect Live 2018 Summit! Yay!I got selected for the Connect Live 2018 Summit! Yay!I am so excited to share that I got selected to attend the Connect Live 2018!  It was 7 am and I was in fact reading this thread of Traci and everyone's replies on my mobile! There was one gmail notification I could see on top of my screen but was so nervous to see it.  I finally swiped down to see the notification and it was about my Map contributions for the month of May. I took a deep breath and smiled. After reading that email, I went back to my inbox and saw an email from Connect Live Travel Team with the subject "Thousands applied—and you made the cut." I couldn't believe my eyes! I read it so many times to confirm!

I actually screamed with joy when i read it and ran to let my mom know. Hearing me scream, my mom thought a lizard had fallen on me! (lol I am mortally afraid of these!). Then i showed her the email and she was so excited. My dad was still sleeping but I had to wake him up to this sweet news! I softly woke him up and told him I have an exciting news to share. He immediately said "SFO"!!! I said "YES" and the three of us hugged and celebrated!

My heartfelt thank you to the entire Google team. You have brought so much joy with this news, i just can't explain in words how much this means to me.  Thank you all! Thank you God! 🙂

Level 10
Level 10
Level 8

wonderful update 

Congratulations for those who already got the notifications 

mohamed talaat Ahmed
Level 10
Level 8

Hello fellow Local Guides -  Latest update

Congratulations on your selection to attend Connect Live 2018.

👏👏👏👏👏

@Kamalhasnainee @FazeelUsmani @LudwigGermany @MahabubMunna @HimanshiS @Julien44 @davidhyno @JedR @DapsonIshmeal @vvbellur

My status:- I am still waiting for my email and praying 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Cheers

Level 8

@OSAMA

Bro, I have not get email yet. But I am still hoping, praying . 🙂 🙂

What about you ?

@TraciC 

Question: Have all 151 attendees been informed or still some need to wait for email (till 19 June) ?

@AkmalB @StephenAbraham @JMD9 What about you ?

Lots of congratulations again and again to selected member. 🙂

Level 9

Waiting waiting waiting @Prdeep 🙂

Level 9

Congratulations @vvbellur :-))))🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Level 10

@Prdeep.. Did you get an invite?

@AkmalB and myself didn't get email at the moment.. actually, no one from Malaysia as far as we can tell at the moment.. 

Whichever way it is, happy for the selected.. 🙂

Congratulations!! you too .....

@MiaMaria@ProfArunCM, @NareshDarji, @NirajBhusal, @AnuradhaP,

Thank you @Badruddeen it really feels great and i wish you the very best as you wait.

@kafuiday

Ishmeal Lamptey
Level 8
Level 8

@vvbellur wrote:

Oh @TraciC!!!!!!!!!I got selected for the Connect Live 2018 Summit! Yay!I got selected for the Connect Live 2018 Summit! Yay!I am so excited to share that I got selected to attend the Connect Live 2018!  It was 7 am and I was in fact reading this thread of Traci and everyone's replies on my mobile! There was one gmail notification I could see on top of my screen but was so nervous to see it.  I finally swiped down to see the notification and it was about my Map contributions for the month of May. I took a deep breath and smiled. After reading that email, I went back to my inbox and saw an email from Connect Live Travel Team with the subject "Thousands applied—and you made the cut." I couldn't believe my eyes! I read it so many times to confirm!

I actually screamed with joy when i read it and ran to let my mom know. Hearing me scream, my mom thought a lizard had fallen on me! (lol I am mortally afraid of these!). Then i showed her the email and she was so excited. My dad was still sleeping but I had to wake him up to this sweet news! I softly woke him up and told him I have an exciting news to share. He immediately said "SFO"!!! I said "YES" and the three of us hugged and celebrated!

My heartfelt thank you to the entire Google team. You have brought so much joy with this news, i just can't explain in words how much this means to me.  Thank you all! Thank you God! 🙂

Typical Traci signature jump,

Hip hip hooray Congratulations vvbellur  

Cheers. Ps. I am still waiting for my email. 😉

Level 8

@DapsonIshmeal wrote:

Thank you @Badruddeen it really feels great and i wish you the very best as you wait.

@kafuiday

You are welcome brother Dapson.

All the best and prepare now for your journey.

Cheers

Level 9

Maaaade it! Thank you for the update @TraciC.
Who's this rapper? I would like to meet the rapper. Myself, I'm into musical theatre. Any MT nerds going? 

Looking forward to meeting everybody!

#singaporelocalguides
Level 10

I firmly believe that mails are still coming in. 

All the Best @OSAMA

@OSAMA wrote:

thank you @ProfArunCM , 

@ProfArunCM wrote:

I am confident that @deepakjhic and @OSAMA will be there.

Level 10

You are from which state @vvbellur

@vvbellur wrote:

Thanks @ProfArunCM and congrats to my fellow India LGs:)  My id is @vvbellur on local guides forum! 🙂

Level 8

@Pedi wrote:

Maaaade it! Thank you for the update @TraciC.
Who's this rapper? I would like to meet the rapper. Myself, I'm into musical theatre. Any MT nerds going? 

Looking forward to meeting everybody!

Congratulations Pedi

Wow! You maaaaaade it to Connect Live 2018

Cheers

Level 10

Heartiest Congrats

@Kamalhasnainee @FazeelUsmani @LudwigGermany @MahabubMunna @HimanshiS @Julien44 @davidhyno @JedR @DapsonIshmeal @vvbellur

See you ALL in SA, in October 2018.

Level 8
Level 10

I pray @OSAMA that waiting must be over soon. 

Level 8

Thank you @TraciC, congratulations to the other 150 who made the cut and for the effort that was put in including by those who didn't make the cut this time. I'm sure you're wondering where the GIFs are? Well, I was caught unexpected by the news but going to move up my schedule for the Announcement GIFs. cc @OSAMA

Level 10

I firmly believe that your wait must be over soon. 

wishing you the best @StephenAbraham

Level 8

@IlankovanT your welcome you deserve it so much support from you on connect

@IlankovanT wrote:

Thank you @ProfArunCM & Congratulations 🙂

Thank you @BakulMehta@DavidTito,

Level 10

@Yashavant_Patel

Hope you are in, from which state?

Level 6

Congratulations to all the winners! 

Level 10

Thanks for update and best of luck friends. 

Level 10
Level 10
Level 10

@FazeelUsmani

you are from which state?

@FazeelUsmani wrote:

Thank you @ProfArunCM and same to you. Yeah sure meet you all in SF

@ProfArunCM wrote:

Heartiest Congrats

Level 8

The moderators are busy among themselves @OSAMA. Be patient till the excitement went down a bit.

Bali Local Guides contribute to give back to the community.
Level 10

@ProfArunCM I will be always with all of you and the amazing LGs there in spirit and good thoughts.. 🙂 

Level 8

@Julien44 Congratulations @OSAMA hang in there bro

@Julien44 wrote:

@OSAMA

I am busy preparing the bags 😉

Level 10

@NirajBhusal

Congratulations for getting in.

BM63
Level 8

@MdEmranulHoque did you get an

@MdEmranulHoque wrote:

Congratulations! Everyone who selected connect live 2018 and @TraciC thanks for update. 

email?

Level 10

I'm a resident of Hyderabad, Telangana

@ProfArunCM wrote:

@FazeelUsmani

you are from which state?

@FazeelUsmani wrote:

Thank you @ProfArunCM and same to you. Yeah sure meet you all in SF

@ProfArunCM wrote:

Heartiest Congrats