FazeelUsmani's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Bangalore Geo Walk

As I've promised in my Connect application post, here is a Bangalore meetup. 

This was my third outstation meetup, the following are the first and second meetups:

1. Photo Walk at Nagarjuna Sagar Dam 
  2. Food Crawl at Mumbai

On the day of the meetup, I started early morning from Hyderabad in a flight and it took me around 60-70 mins to reach Bangalore. Now, my incredible journey starts. This was my first ever meetup where I've used 3 means of transport (airways, railways and roadways) for an individual meetup.

Caption: Above picture is captured at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Hyderabad) and the below one is captured at Kempegowda International Airport (Bangalore). Both of them have an attractive ceiling, isn't it?Caption: Above picture is captured at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Hyderabad) and the below o...

From the airport, I've got a metro bus which took me towards the meetup venue (Gopalan Signature Mall). As it was Sunday morning, there was not much traffic and I reached the destination 1 hour in advance the meetup time. To my surprise, Srivastava was also present at the venue on the hunt of places which are not present on Google Maps. 

Caption: A selfie of Fazeel Usmani and Srivastav (a Bangalore local guide)  Selfie credits: @Srivastav | Below: Gopalan Signature MallCaption: A selfie of Fazeel Usmani and Srivastav (a Bangalore local guide) Selfie credits: @Srivastav | Below: Gopalan Signature Mall 

Caption: A gif displaying a series of places which we've visited during a 6 hour long Geo WalkCaption: A gif displaying a series of places which we've visited during a 6 hour long Geo Walk

We've spent 2 hours of adding places and photos at Gopalan Signature Mall, meanwhile, I received a call from Sai Teja who asked me to come to Baiyappanahalli metro station. This place was around 3 miles from the mall and Srivastava has advised me to take a battery-powered scooter which also helps you to explore the places en route. Without wasting any time I started my journey towards Baiyappanahalli metro station on a scooter which took me around 35 minutes and I really enjoyed the ride. On the way, I've taken lots of photos of amazing architectures and add it on Google Maps. Thanks, Srivastav for the great advice. 

Finally, I reached the Baiyappanahalli metro station. where I found Sai Teja waiting for me. He was totally exhausted on looking and when I asked the reason for the above then he told me the ironic incident happened to him. 

Incident:- Sai Teja purchased a ₹30/- ticket token from his living place to come to Baiyappanahalli metro station. By scanning the token in the machine he came inside the railway platform where the train comes. Asked someone the way to washrooms then got a reply that washrooms are near the entrance of the station. When he went outside by dropping off the token in the machine he found that there are no washrooms at the entrance and got to know that washrooms are inside the station. Then he again purchased the ₹30/- ticket scanned and went inside. Finally, he found washroom at a corner in the ground floor (Platform is at first floor). Then he tried to scan the token but the machine rejected the token as the token got expired (token expires in 30 minutes after purchase) and he paid ₹100/- penalty for it. Now, again for the 3rd time, he purchased the tickets and came to meet me at Baiyappanahalli metro station. This was unexpected. Though I'm grateful to meet you Sai Teja. At this point in time, Suresh has requested me to come to Kempegowda Station (Majestic). This was the same station in which Sai Teja has faced the washroom problem. Then we decided to visit Majestic and add the washroom on Google Maps so that others should not face any problems. Without wasting any time we left towards Majestic and met Suresh. Three of us visited that washroom which was around 400 metres from the main entrance of the station (I was tensed) and added it on Google Maps. This was how we've added a lot of photos, a handsome amount of places on Maps. After adding washroom on Maps Sai Teja felt very happy and a smile of him looks very cute. 

Caption: Top left: A selfie of Sai Teja and Fazeel captured at Baiyappanahalli | Right: A railway intersection at Baiyappanahalli captured by @SaiTeja | Bottom: A selfie of Suresh, Sai Teja and Fazeel Usmani at KSR Bangalore (Majestic) railway stationCaption: Top left: A selfie of Sai Teja and Fazeel captured at Baiyappanahalli | Right: A railway intersection at Baiyappanahalli captured by @SaiTeja | Bottom: A selfie of Suresh, Sai Teja and Fazeel Usmani at KSR Bangalore (Majestic) railway station

Though it was troublesome I enjoyed the walk by travelling more than 1200 kilometres across all means of transport (roadways, railways and airways). This was the longest meetup of my life with full of relish.

Thank you to Local Guides of Bangalore.

Photos Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/v3Ms7jHnosB1h6NA8

Video Link: 

Gopalan Signature Mall, Swamy Vivekananda Road, Rahat Bagh, Nagavarapalya, Bennigana Halli, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [Recap] Bangalore Geo Walk

Hi @FazeelUsmani,

Thanks a lot for the recap! 

It's very sad that you had such incident and should pay money so many times but the most important thing is that you added it on the Google Maps so the other people can see it. 

It sounds like a very interesting experience and it's very nice that you added so many places and photos on Google Maps. 

Keep the Meet-ups and share your great recaps with us!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thank you, @PoliMC. But the incident happened to one of the meetup attendee Sai Teja while he was coming for the meetup. 

Level 8

Thanks for this great recap post, @FazeelUsmani Bhai. I really missed to meet you in person on your visit to Bengaluru this time since I was in Delhi for attending Asia One. I am glad that you met two Local Guides in this meetup and added so many places in Google Maps. Thanks again, Bhai. Hoping to meeting you soon. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

No worries @SalmaanN. Inshallah, we'll meet very soon. Make your plans ready to visit Hyderabad this winter - the weather would be awesome, you know? We'll have lots of fun. 

Level 7

I enjoyed your Geo talk story . You are a fabulous guy. You are doing great work. Bangalore is India's fashion town. I will be eagerly waiting for more stories from Bangalore.

Thank You 

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/