Yohanad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Betreff: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

@LucioV Wonder if SV will finally take the stabilized video with auto horizon levelling from Garmin Virb? If it does, it would be quite amazing..

I don't believe the Theta V has auto levelling though.. 

Level 9

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

@Yohanad,

Although it called video mode, but the result is still a photo not a video.(please correct me if it is wrong)

What about the photo quality? 4K is half in resolution than 360 photos from SV.

a 8K video is about the same resolution to SV 360 photo

Does this means the SV app will accept lower resolution photos for Street View Tour?

If we only want to use 1 photo for every second or every 3 meters, why we must make a video?

Why not use a time lapse mode or burst mode for example.

4K Video require a lot of storage space  if we reduce to 10 fps or 5 fps for example, the use of storage will reduce and also reduce the heat of camera  This means a long journey to record.

.Regards

Budi

Level 10

@Budisoft yea.. i agree with you on a lot of this.. and still photos will have better resolution vs a slice out of video. And we already have that periodic snap function in SV app sometime back with compatible cameras.

However, I think the periodic snap wont work so well when it comes to faster movement speed such as in a bicycle, bike or car, there will be a lot of movement blur on still photos. Hence maybe video will be more ideal for that application. Just my speculation though. 

Level 10

This workflow is done to integrate with the new Car Street View Ready option for 8K cameras.

I think they want to develop only one workflow.

Level 7

Ah thanks... I was going to purchase a new camera on this camera... Now I know which 360 camera I should buy.... 😊😊😍

Level 10

Hi LGs !!
Here an example posted by another user on another forum : LINK
Theta V the quality it's terrible !! 😞 
@LucioV what do you think ?

SV Portfolio : http://bit.ly/ContribKiko LinkedIn Page : http://bit.ly/KikoLI
Connect Moderator

Level 10

WaowowoW 👏👏👍 Great🤸 news for us but I have only #SamsungGear360 2017 @Yohanad and Google Pixel XL 😭, It's bad news for me 😫 .

Thanks a Lot!!

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Former Google Contributor

Betreff: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

@StephenAbraham wrote:

@LuisLarco The example looks really good, considering it's extracted from video. Would be perfect for outdoors especially difficult terrain. Quality wise, Theta V's static photos will be better.

With video, one can easily shoot a few hundred contributions in a short amount of time. 

When this feature gets on more capable cameras with over 5K video such as the Garmin Virb or GoPro Fusion or the Yi360 , the quality should be even more amazing.

@StephenAbraham Can't wait for the GoPro Fusion to be integrated 🙂 I'm ready to start recording street views of snowboarding resorts!

Level 7

Hi, what would someone recommend using with an iPhone to do this? I'm very interested please help. I have Samsung S5 but it only works on WiFi. 

A girl trying to map the world