cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

@Haseeb wrote:

Thanks for this much needed & useful article at first place @Yohanad

@LucioV Garmin is far expensive then theta v & yet it's not a complete solution when comes to sv ready (as far as my knowledge concerns) correct me if I'm wrong

Yes, i confirm, it's not SV ready. But create nice and crisp 5.7K 360 video 🙂
Level 10

@StaffordM wrote:

Hi everyone,

The bare-minimum spec for this feature is 4K resolution video as well as integration with the Street View app.  As you probably know, resolution isn't everything and so we are also picky about image quality before we grant camera certification.

So far only Ricoh has completed integration with the app and released a product (Theta V) with sufficient resolution for this feature.  Of course we are looking at many other cameras as well and look forward to supporting video mode with even more options in the very near future.  If there are cameras you really like that produce high-quality 360 video then please let us know so we can take a look ourselves.

Thanks @Stafford I really would love to see Garmin VIRB 360 in SV and video mode on, but I know it's not so common 🙂

Anyway I think that using API, we will be ready to import any >4K video flow to SV; correct?

Level 5

Good to see this information but now I am in the position of level 3. 

Former Google Contributor

Betreff: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

@gabba007 wrote:

@HI @AlejandroLang hi @Yohanad,

Is there an example where we can see this already? 

Greetings

Dirk

Here's an example: https://goo.gl/maps/cAjvVYNd7xG2

Former Google Contributor

There's an option in the app to enable automatic face and license plate blurring.

@LucioV wrote:

@DavidElyashiv wrote:

Any test online? Please share your street view i want to see how poor is the quality... and what about blur? 

Correct David, what about plates and faces blur? Will it work automatically?

Level 10

@Stafford thanks for the notes. A few of the consumer cameras that are really popular which could meet the requirements include

1. Samsung Gear360 (2017)

2. Xiaomi Mijia360 MiSphere (3.5K video upgrade to 4K video soon)

3. Insta360 One

4. Garmin Virb360

5. GoPro Fusion

6. Rylo Cam

7. Yi360 Cam

Level 8

When this features available in Samsung gear 360 (2017)?

Level 10

@LuisLarco wrote:

@gabba007 wrote:

@HI @AlejandroLang hi @Yohanad,

Is there an example where we can see this already? 

Greetings

Dirk

Here's an example: https://goo.gl/maps/cAjvVYNd7xG2

Interesting @LuisLarco!

I've noticed the month, so you were testing this option before was released?

Noticed also that you didn't care too much for leveling, but the final result is good: is this handled by sv app?

Are the final images available in your contrib/profile tab for eventual deletion?

Level 10

@LuisLarco The example looks really good, considering it's extracted from video. Would be perfect for outdoors especially difficult terrain. Quality wise, Theta V's static photos will be better.

With video, one can easily shoot a few hundred contributions in a short amount of time. 

When this feature gets on more capable cameras with over 5K video such as the Garmin Virb or GoPro Fusion or the Yi360 , the quality should be even more amazing.

Level 10

I think the solution to support more camera could be the "import video" option, as like as we can upload photos from different unsupported cameras. I don't know how the gps track could be imported as well.