TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google Maps Badges [2/5] - “Director Badge”, 3 Different Levels & Targets to acquire it - TravellerG

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Hi, dear all…

This is the continuation of Post 1/5 - (please read it Here).

And, if you need Tips for shooting videos, it is Here.

For the “Director Badge” also, there are three levels and level 1 is extremely simple. The Level 2 and 3 need support from our fellow LGs.

Level 1 - Novice Director 

Just by adding 3 videos of 3 different places, you can achieve this badge - kindly remember that you have to add videos of different places and NOT 3 videos of the same place. 

Level 2 - Expert Director:

Condition 1: For level 2, you need to add 25 videos of different places (not of the same place or less than 25 places); you may add more than one video of the same place. That is, if you are adding two videos per place, then, you need to add 50 videos in total. 

Condition 2: along with the first 3 videos, you need to add 97 videos for this badge; that is a total of 100 videos - in other words, you need to take 4 videos each (average) for 25 different places to achieve 100 videos.

Condition 3: you need to have 100,000 views of your videos; this score is outside your self-capacity; the views need to come from fellow LGs…right? - capture quality videos and publish them properly. 

Level 3 - Master Director:

Condition 1: by this time, you should have added 100 videos of 100 different places. 

Condition 2: you should totally add 1,000 videos of 100 or more places; this is also a massive target - plan properly and achieve the same. 

Condition 3: the third target is still larger - that is, your total view should reach 1,000,000 (1 million) views. 

According to me, once you upload above 400 to 500 videos, your views start reaching the target - frankly speaking, 1 million is not a difficult target.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Kindly read this post for more details about the Tips for video shooting.

Note:

1. In my experience, videos of Restaurants and Malls score the best; the next are popular tourist attractions.
  2. I try to keep my videos within 20 seconds; videos above 30 seconds will be trimmed and the first 30 seconds only will be visible.
  3. The target and your current score will be visible on your Badge.
  4. How/Where to locate these Badges:

These Badges are visible only on the App/Mobile (Android & IOS): 

Open the Google Maps App on your mobile -> Select ‘Contribute  Tab’->  Tap on your ‘Username’ -> On the next screen, again tap on your ‘Username’ (DP) ->  Now, your Badges will be visible.  (view navigational images).

@Praniketmore @ShubhamWaman @Shubhu1 @RaviSharma111 @Ptrivedi @Tandrima2 @MayuriKubal @JitendraKumarprasa @bhayani_naitik @Nachiket_methre 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

54 comments
Level 8

Re: Google Maps Badges [2/5] - “Director Badge”, 3 Different Levels & Targets to acquire it - Tr

Thank you very much @TravellerG sirji  for your post, it will be very useful for us

Raj_Tayade ||" Relationships are formed when you travel with your heart "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 8

Re: Google Maps Badges [2/5] - “Director Badge”, 3 Different Levels & Targets to acquire it - Tr

Congratulations dear TG @TravellerG for your master Director badge 😀 it would take to fifteen to twenty days i achieved My Expert Director badge.🤝

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 9

It's indeed a badge one would really earn. It's tough.

IMG_9599.png

Selfless Contribtor!!My Local Guide Profile @kinjalchhayaLocal Guide India
Level 8

It's very useful post for map badges 

Pranav Trivedi

Connect Moderator

A concise and very well-written post @TravellerG, especially useful for those who are less aware of these badges hidden deep inside the Google Maps UI.

The master director badge is a hard nut to crack, and I am still 600 videos away from it.

But using your tip, I have started capturing more videos of places 👍

Level 8

Very very helpful and useful post specially for new LGs. Very nice post. Thank you so much @TravellerG sir for sharing.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

@TravellerG 

Thanks TG sir it will be very useful for us.

Level 7

Yes @TravellerG Sir 💯

You Explained the Process & methodology of Acquiring Different levels of Badges, likewise the importance if Director Badge...

Level 10

Your support is vital for me to create such helpful tutorials, my dear @Raj_Tayade 

I am extremely happy that you found this post useful. 

You may kindly call me for any doubt...

Highly appreciate your kind support and valuable feedback. 

Most sincerely 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me