Gabuu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

To all the new attendees to Connect Live 2019

Hello to all LG of this wonderful community!

Me at Google CampusMe at Google Campus

I want to write this post especially for everyone who will be attending this great Local Guides event for the first time at Google. First of all I congratulate you for being selected, and second, my personal advice is to take advantage as much as you can those days during Connect Live 2019, how? Simple, take every moment you have to ask and discover how else you can contribute to Google Maps to help other people with your contributions, I assure you that it will surprise you.

You will meet @ErmesT, a great friend, moderator and also a great Local Guide, if you ask him about his project #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld you will be surprised how much you can help as a Local Guide to your community and the world. Ermes helped me the last year when I was selected to attend CL2018, and to understand everything better here in Connect.

Ermes at the Sailing Tour meet-up after Connect Live 2018Ermes at the Sailing Tour meet-up after Connect Live 2018

From left to right strating down: Rob, Nkwetche, Ermes, Magda, Heni, me, Nunung, Inocencia and KamalFrom left to right strating down: Rob, Nkwetche, Ermes, Magda, Heni, me, Nunung, Inocencia and Kamal

@FaridTDF is another great Local Guide, moderator and a friend very funny (specially if you speak spanish), we made a great friendship from Connect Live 2018 until now, any questions you may have he will be happy to explain you.

Farid in the Sailing Tour meet-upFarid in the Sailing Tour meet-up

@Julien44 is a great friend from France, don't let the appearances fool you, he is an awesome friend! Passionated with the Local Guides Clean the World program, always helping and contributing for a better world.
Julien in the bus going to the Google storeJulien in the bus going to the Google store

@MahabubMunna is a Local Guide from Bangladesh, we made a very cute friendship, he hosted more than 100 meet-ups!! I only hosted 2 hahaha, he is very committed to his community and the Local Guides program, he inspired me to be a better Local Guide contributing to maps and hopefully one day I will be like him hahahaha.

Me and Mahabubidubidu! hahaMe and Mahabubidubidu! haha

@OmerAli and @Phunky together they are an incredible laugh machine😂, Omer from Pakistan and Anthony from England, Anthony also speaks spanish very well because he lives in Barcelona now, you will have a "laughter attack" if you meet them, please MEET THEM!!! hahaha

Omer and me :)Omer and me 🙂

@PaulPavlinovich is a big and lovely friend!! the few times I could talk to him were fun (I must confess that my english was not and is not very good, I had a hard time understanding several LGs 😅😂). Paul is expert doing photowalks, if there will be one before CL2019 please GO! The last year I was selected late, in August, so I couldn't be in San Francisco before and after CL2018.

Me with Paul, a big and cutie Santa Claus! :DMe with Paul, a big and cutie Santa Claus! 😄

@KarenVChin is a wonderful Local Guide, she was always helping others in the chat before CL2018, I still can't understand how she does being mother of twins!! I am mother of 2 kids (5 and 4 YO) and I barely have time to go to the bathroom! LOL! (That's why I am not so much active on Connect or even any social media😅)

Karen at the Sailing tour! :)Karen at the Sailing tour! 🙂

@vvbellur a lovely friend, LG and excelent solo traveler!! She can inspired you to do the same, enjoying her trips and contributing to maps!

Vandana, Jedi(The force iswith him LOL), me, María and AdrianVandana, Jedi(The force iswith him LOL), me, María and Adrian

@AdrianLunsong is the most adorable friend I ever meet!! Always joining to my crazy ideas the last day hahaha, he is always ready to help you in any question you may have.

Me with Adrian the first day at Connect Live 2018Me with Adrian the first day at Connect Live 2018

The big kid is me at the Carousel hahahaThe big kid is me at the Carousel hahaha

I miss you guys!! Please feel free to tag any other LG friend that any of you meet in the CL2018 and also Summits 2016-2017

As you can see you will be fortunate to meet them and many other LG that I would love to name here in this post but I just can tag 10... Connect Live changed my perspective about how to contribute to maps and be helpful to others, after CL2018 I take more and better photos, made my reviews describing all the details about the places I visit, always thinking how my review could be more and more helpful to other people, to mothers like me, disabled people, vegan people, etc. I started to do meet-ups trying to make my community grow, but some times is a bit hard to me because I have to take care of my kids.

So I hope that you can discover (even more than me) the ways you can help to others with your contributions, and also ENJOY CONNECT LIVE 2019 as I did the last year!!!

Hugs and love to all!!😊

Gabu
33 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: To all the new attendees to Connect Live 2019

@Gabuu 

Thank you for your message to the Connect Live attendees. I will miss you this year, we had a lot of fun together, your laughs are contagious.

But I will not miss the opportunity for telling you a "Belate Happy Birthday"

Caption: Indian Balsam flower in the Alps - photo @ermestCaption: Indian Balsam flower in the Alps - photo @ErmesT

Level 8

aaawww @ErmesT thank you! here in Bolivia it's still my birthday! hahaha thank you so much!! I will miss all of you!! thanks for everything!!

Gabu
Level 10

@Gabuu very kind of you to give all those tips to new attendees... throughout this year I´ve been able to connect with some of the people you mentioned and I agree 100% wonderful friends indeed!

Level 8

@marcorp Yes!!! Be sure of that!! I am glad to know that and happy for you that you will be lucky to meet them face to face! 😊

Gabu
Connect Moderator

I've released this from the spam quarantine @Gabuu sometimes it gets a little eager and gets great posts like this one.

You're an awesome person yourself you know. I really wish you were coming along this year.

There are three photowalks this year!

Oct 29th - New York

Nov 9th - San Francisco

Nov 11th - San Jose

One just wasn't enough 🙂 I can feel my wife's eyes rolling right now 🙂

Paul

Connect Moderator

hahah, I loved this post @Gabuu ♥

you are awesome. I am going to miss you at CL19. There's never going to be a #TeamLoca if you are not part of it.

But, we will keep doing our bits to the program and hopefully see each other at CL20.

Great advice for all the ones attending the first time, every minute matters. Its all about being attentive and interactive. The more you interact, the more stronger the bond gets.

You are one of the finest person I met my entire life and those episodes of hysterical laughters were contagious and amazing. ♥

You are my super Loca, super buddy and top Local Guide.A groupfie of Local Guides at ConnectLive2018A groupfie of Local Guides at ConnectLive2018

Can someone please post the video of Helium Songs ?

Connect Moderator

Mi querida amiga @Gabuu , me encanta leer este post este año tenia muchas esperanzas de encontrarte en San José, pero no, bueno quizas mas adelante o cuando te visite en Santa Cruz de la Sierra en Bolivia.

Caption: San Francisco (Local Guides @FaridMonti)Caption: San Francisco (Local Guides @FaridMonti)

Level 10

@Gabuu 

I am not sure if I should take your words nicely ....😃😃😃

But thanks for advising them : "not to let the appearances fool them"... You could have included @Phunky on that one!

LG SquadLG Squad

Stop laughing, I could have told the same of you :

Photo credit GabuPhoto credit Gabu

Thanks for your friendship and all the fun associated.

Take care

Jul

Level 9

Hi @Gabuu I am just grateful to hear about the good work that all these attendees do as local guides and what they do on their private life. I am just a remote attendee and just wanted to congratulate them all for their contribution and being selected to attend Connect Live 2019

All the new attendees will feel the warmth and energy from the above mentioned local guides. Good luck and happy guiding!!!