Re: Local Guides clean the world - A Local Guides project

Sure! 

Happy Guiding!

With Peace & Love
- PRK
Connect Moderator

@ErmesT,

Found this on YouTube, if you aren’t a subscriber to Talks at Google channel, you should! Lots of great speakers talking about their work. Can always learn something new.

Today’s subject is the new Netflix documentary “Plastic Ocean” with its creators being interviewed. Video is 30 mins long. 

https://youtu.be/J0BAE2Wh7hc

Tagging: @Julien44 @TorM @DavidTito @YK1001  @ValeriaA_ @AlejandraMaria @Anonymous @brittym for your info. Made me rethink is even eating wild-caught ocean fish any better than farm-raised, which has its own set of issues?

Watch the Google Talk video. Let me know what you think. @FaridTDF, put this documentary on your Netflix queue.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

The conversation in the video is absolutely fantastic @KarenVChin

Thanks a lot for sharing this video. I have watched half video right now and we are exactly in the same wavelength, their words can be our words. It is also absolutely interesting that Education is again highlighted as one of the three basic point @AlejandraMaria, @NunungAfuah, @MelizzaNeon

Of course we are rethinking (or at least we should) about a big part of our life, a big part of what we do everyday. It will be a big challenge, but I think that it is the only way

Level 8

@KarenVChin This is a Great find by you Thank you for tagging me here @ErmesT this is right up our ally I had to leave a Comment Here

@KarenVChin wrote:

@ErmesT,

Found this on YouTube, if you aren’t a subscriber to Talks at Google channel, you should! Lots of great speakers talking about their work. Can always learn something new.

Today’s subject is the new Netflix documentary “Plastic Ocean” with its creators being interviewed. Video is 30 mins long. 

https://youtu.be/J0BAE2Wh7hc

Tagging: @Julien44 @TorM @DavidTito @YK1001  @ValeriaA_ @AlejandraMaria @Anonymous @brittym for your info. Made me rethink is even eating wild-caught ocean fish any better than farm-raised, which has its own set of issues?

Watch the Google Talk video. Let me know what you think. @FaridTDF, put this documentary on your Netflix queue.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Hi  @KarenVChin,

This is great video! 

Arthus Bertrand is well known in france as he does lots of thing for the environment!

Thanks for sharing.

Jul

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT @DavidTito @KarenVChin @Julien44  Yesterday I found one news published in our daily newspaper about our sea bird's 🐦 die. Researchers find out that, sea bird's die because of hunger. They found lots of plastic items in bird's stomach. When bird's eat they eat some plastic items and it never digest. When full of stomach fill with plastic items they can't eat anything buy they are very hungry. After some days they die with hunger.

It's very alarming signal for our sea bird's and other animals.FB_IMG_1530105622242.jpg

Connect Moderator

@bdmafuz, that is a horrible way to die. I’ve read similar stories like yours.  

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Hi @bdmafuz@ErmesT@KarenVChin@Julien44@DavidTito@It has been found that human beindgs ingest few micrograms of plastic molecules in food daily ,the source cannot be exactly pin pointed ,it could be from plastic cutlery,plastic objects in house,since plastic can have carcenogenic compound,it can remotly have deliterious effect  on us.Hence on should try to remove plastic material from house to the best of our ability and also try to enlighten others.

Level 8

@bdmafuz This is not Good

@bdmafuz wrote:

Hi @ErmesT @DavidTito @KarenVChin @Julien44  Yesterday I found one news published in our daily newspaper about our sea bird's 🐦 die. Researchers find out that, sea bird's die because of hunger. They found lots of plastic items in bird's stomach. When bird's eat they eat some plastic items and it never digest. When full of stomach fill with plastic items they can't eat anything buy they are very hungry. After some days they die with hunger.

It's very alarming signal for our sea bird's and other animals.FB_IMG_1530105622242.jpg