Julien44's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

LET'S SHARE A BIT OF FRANCE --- PENESTIN

Hi guys,

You know that I like to share the places I discover and particularly those located in France. Have a look at this recap if you missed my previous posts.

Today, I am pleased to share with you my discovery of Pénestin, a small town in the south of Brittany France.

For some time now and especially since lockdown, my friends and I have been often hiking. Sport halls are currently closed in France so to ease off and to change our minds, we walk regularly for an hour, sometimes two and even more from time to time.

One day, a friend said, I challenge you with a walk of 25 km in a place that we do not know. Everyone thought the idea was great and we started to organize and plan a little weekend with friends with the goal of walking 4 to 5 hours.

Our choice fell on Pénestin which is about an hour by car from our home. It is a natural, rural place with many rural paths, a wild Atlantic coast and on the edge of the Vilaine river estuary. The planned hike consisted of approximately 15 km of customs paths (by the sea) and 10 km of country paths.

Penestin FrancePenestin France

The days before our hike, we watched the weather forecast and unfortunatly it was not good, but we were keen to meet this challenge.

So we started at 8:30 with rain and lot of wind (up to 75km/h). We were all dressed in warm, waterproof clothes and we thought our day would be partly ruined by the bad weather. Lucky us, it didn't last so long !

Pénestin 6.JPG

During this walk, I told myself that the place was really nice and I had to share it on connect.

Pénestin, is almost surrounded by the ocean with 25 kilometers of coastline. There are cliffs of a very typical golden color (especially the beach of the gold mine).

Beach Golden mineBeach Golden mine

There are many wild coves and sandy beaches.

Pénestin 2.JPG

The countryside is also very pretty.

Pénestin 3.JPG

As you can imagine, we had a very nice time all together and we enjoyed our walk.

If you are like me and if you love hiking, water activities (windsurfing, boating, kite-surfing, fishing), paragliding, French culture, its history and of course seafood, Pénestin would be a great place to stay.

I hope you enjoyed discovering a bit of France and that it will make you want to visit our beautiful country. 

Have a nice day and see you around

Pénestin, France
31 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: LET'S SHARE A BIT OF FRANCE --- PENESTIN

Beautiful post @Julien44  as your style, before france was the destination which was in just in my wish list, but now it's on the top after post. What an awesome place is it, I love to see you after a long time.

Thanks for sharing my friend 🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing a bit of france @Julien44 

That's a fantastic idea, to walk in a place you don´t know, I like to do that, if you drive you miss a lot of details about places. 

Of course I want to visit France, it is on my bucket list! 

Connect Moderator

Hello @Julien44 

It was a nice walk indeed to Penestin together with your friends. I could see the beautiful coastal view and I could also imagine the fresh air there.

"A Bit of France" is a very nice idea of yours to introduce your country. I would love to visit Europe someday, and one of the country that I have to visit is definitely France.

After watching a Netflix series, Emily in Paris (do you know this famous series among girls? 😁), I really want to visit Paris and experience the awesome things just like Emily. Having a cup of hot coffee, French pattiserie, macarons in a cafe.

What a beautiful experience 😍

That's why, I look forward to another series of your "A Bit of France". 🙂

Level 9

Thank you so much for presenting us with an area full of natural beauty.

Aslam Hussain Sujon

By Bangladesh.

Aslam hossain (Sujon)
Connect Moderator

que divertido el recorrido que realizaron @Julien44 , ese tipo de sitios son cómo salir de aventuras 👍😀, gracias por compartir 

saludos Farid 

Level 9

Ey @Julien44 , great weekend you passed with friends and these amazing landscapes!

The place looks gorgeous, I like the mix of rural places and sea coast!

And if you can't believe it I prefer a grey sky and rainy weather to a sunny one for these type of rides!

I have some questions: 

Is this ride suitable for bring young kids or is highly difficult?

What did you eat during the ride? Have you cooked something special? Or visited a restaurant or bar?

Thanks again for sharing your country !

A big hug! 

Connect Moderator

Nice post @Julien44.

I like to spend some time with nature. This really awesome place. Thanks for sharing with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

You are welcome @KashifMisidia and thanks a lot for your kind words !

I am glad you enjoyed the post and I would love to welcome you in France one day.

Have a lovely day

Level 10

It is my pleasure @LaloPadilla so you are welcome!

As you mentionned, walking is a great way to discover new places 😉

Have a nice day and see you around