MashaPS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself — December 2022

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check previous threads, like November's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from. We’ll merge any “I’m new” and “Hello world” posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Do you want to be featured in our monthly Introduce Yourself posts? Share your introduction in the comments, following the five prompts below, and a horizontal photo of yourself (in landscape mode). We will select one of the best introductions and include it in our next month’s post. Please note: Your response may be edited for clarity. By taking part in this challenge, you agree to us sharing your answers and photo(s) publicly here on Connect.

This month, meet @SenalDilanka! Senal is a Local Guide Level 7, and here’s what they shared about themselves.

Caption: A photo of Senal wearing a Google Code-in t-shirt at T&FG – Timex Garments in Sri Lanka. (Local Guide @SenalDilanka)Caption: A photo of Senal wearing a Google Code-in t-shirt at T&FG – Timex Garments in Sri Lanka. (Local Guide @SenalDilanka)

1. Name: J. P. Senal Dilanka Dilhan

2. Location: Divulapitiya, Sri Lanka

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I started contributing when I was 18, and my first contribution was a photo. Now, after two years, I am Level 7. It's quite an amazing journey. I have met tons of people and visited many beautiful places with the help of other Local Guides. If I want to go somewhere, I open Google Maps and search for my destination. Then, I look at other Local Guides' reviews and their unique photos. Every time they help me a lot. Like other Local Guides, I love to help people who are traveling by contributing photos, writing detailed reviews, editing places, and adding new ones to the map.

4. My favorite thing to explore: My favorite thing to explore is tourist attractions 😍 because my country's economy mainly relies on tourism. I go to those places, take photos and videos, and put them on Google Maps to see others' reactions and interests.

5. Fun fact about me: You can see me wearing a Google Code-in t-shirt in the photo 😊. I love coding; I am also the number one student in ICT at my school. I am helping my school's ICT junior members learn how to code. So coding and exploring are my life 🤗.

Nice to meet you, Senal! Local Guides, don’t miss the chance to say hi to Senal in the comments below and to share your introduction, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
133 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself — December 2022

Hello @MashaPS 

Thanks for starting the new introduction post and thank you for highlighting our fellow local guide and buddy. Thank you for your role as a Googler too🙂

Hi @SenalDilanka 

Nice to E-meet you here on connect. A nice and clear photo of you here thanks for sharing it with us. If I May ask;

• What part or type of tourism do you enjoy most?
  • How many places or countries have you toured so far for tourism?
  • I like museums and nature places just places that help you to connect with life and relax your mind
  • Edit is my favourite on the maps. E.g adding new places,drawing roads,editing old information of POIs

Happy guiding and keep active.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

Level 7

20220822_215041_0000.png

Photo Location: Paro Taktsang, Bhutan

1. Name: Shaunak Bale

2. Location: Margao, Goa, India

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Is it dramatic if i say i love everything about being a Local Guide? Haha! Yes i am proud of being a local guide why because i am able to help a large audience in my locality by providing information about nearby places giving unbiased reviews and giving them a lot of places to explore, what makes me happy is when the people give feedbacks to my contributions be it a helpful like, or the thousands and lakhs of views.

4. My favorite thing to explore: I love visiting places of nature and tourist attraction because being a nature photography my hobby so i can click some nice pictures upload few on google maps and my social media Handles.

5. Fun fact about me: I am web developer, studied Master of Science in Information Technology, I am very fond of Nature Photography and I also run a youtube channel where i post comedy skits and short films.

Level 7

Hi new friends!! Introduce so I can get to learn who you are

Hello, Let’s get to know one another 💕🌲🥳. 
It’s officially Dec 1-2022 are you excited about the new month? Are you ready for the holidays? What makes you joyful? How could we find laughter together and make the world 🌎 whole again? Please share your name and state where you from let’s rock and roll the month of December.😆😁

Connect Moderator

Re: Hi new friends!! Introduce so I can get to learn who you are

Hi @Meeka_ "Welcome to Connect! If this is your first visit, you’ve come to the right place. This post will serve as a guide for everything you need to know about contributing content and engaging with the Local Guides community on Connect". This is the first of the information that you will find in "Your guide to Connect" , the introductory Guide of the community. In there you will find all the necessary information to know how to better contribute in here.

My name is Ermes, I am from Italy, and I am a Volunteer Moderator of Connect.  You can read more about me here and here, or simply checking my profile.

As you are looking for introductions of other local guides, I am merging your post on the relevant one: Introduce Yourself — December 2022 

What about you? Don't you want to introduce yourself first?

Do you have a doubt about how to do something? The Help desk is here for you,with a long list of post with detailed indications on how to post.

Which kind of contents we share in the community? What are Connect topics? will give you an explanation

Connect Moderator

Welcome @SenalDilanka and well done on both your guiding achievements and being the number one ICT student at your school. What coding languages do they teach at your school and which is your fave language?

Level 9

Congratulation @SenalDilanka for featuring on connect forum and nice to know more about you,

Thank you so much for sharing this post with us @MashaPS 

Level 8

A very congratulations @SenalDilanka  for getting featured on monthly introduce yourself.

18 is just an amazing number by your 20s you gonna reach at milestones.

Really liked you passion towards coding keep going and very all the best 

Thank you @MashaPS  for the highlights 😀

Level 7

Intro

hello FRIENDS OF THE WORLD introduce my name is Kumbara from Indonesia. it's great to be part of a team that can provide information to other Google users. I

IMG_20221128_222524.jpg

hope is that I can continue to develop in providing precise and accurate contributions regarding information to the world. warm greetings, I'm a local Indonesian guide