Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Challenge: Review a women-owned business on Google Maps

Caption: An illustration of a person leaving a review for a business on Google Maps.Caption: An illustration of a person leaving a review for a business on Google Maps.

Update April 4, 2024: Hi everyone, thank you for taking part in this challenge! Submissions are closed as of April 1. Please allow us some time to go through all the entries. We will announce the results in a new post. Stay tuned!

Inspired by International Women’s Day on March 8th and our community’s dedication to supporting women-owned businesses, we’re kicking off a new challenge!

Here’s how to take part and win a Connect badge.

The challenge

1. Write a helpful review of an actual experience you had at a women-owned business. 
  2. Mention in your review that the place is women-owned. If the listing doesn’t have the “Identifies as women-owned” attribute yet, you can encourage the owner to add it.
  3. Post your review on Maps after the start of this challenge, March 6.
  4. Share a link to your review in the comments below before March 31 (included)

Note: To share a review, open Google Maps on your computer or phone, go to your profile, find your review, and tap the Share button under it. Copy the link and paste it in a comment below.

Caption: A screenshot of the business listing of Reaching Out Teahouse on Google Maps, showing the “Identifies as women-owned” attribute and a red arrow pointing to it.Caption: A screenshot of the business listing of Reaching Out Teahouse on Google Maps, showing the “Identifies as women-owned” attribute and a red arrow pointing to it.

The criteria

We will consider helpfulness, quality, and originality. This means that you should describe your genuine experience in your own words and not copy information from the internet. Your review should follow our Community policy and the Maps user-generated content policy.

The winners 

Everyone whose review follows the challenge instructions and criteria above will be awarded a Connect challenge winner badge! Even if you already have the one- and three-time winner badges, don’t hesitate to take part and support women-owned businesses near you.

Winners will be announced in a new post.

Join this challenge by March 31. Share your Google Maps review in the comments below for a chance to win a Connect badge!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

124 comments
Level 8

Re: Challenge: Review a women-owned business on Google Maps

Wonderful, Everyone should contribute in reviewing women owned businesses for supporting the gendar equality. 

@Ivi_Ge Thankyou for picking this amazing theme for challenge ❤

Connect Moderator

What a great challenge to support Women's day, showing their work in their businesses 💪🏻💪🏻

Here's my review, of a coffee shop made by two businesswomen:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZduQ9eFiHJse4t9f7

Connect Moderator

Hello @Ivi_Ge 

They are not much around us here in west Africa but no sweat. I will go hunting and surely I'll get a few to review.

Happy women's day to you as well. See you around and thank you for another challenge on connect 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Wow! @Ivi_Ge This is a great challenge and impactful too. I will use this opportunity to find out women-led business near me, help add them on the map, patronize them and leave a review. That way, I will be giving back to my community while helping them grow their business online. 

Thanks for sharing this challenge...

Level 10

Ynt: Challenge: Review a women-owned business on Google Maps

Hi @Ivi_Ge It's a great challenge. I always give priority to the businesses I choose that are managed by women. And I believe that I should support them. This week, I was going to go to a newly opened manti restaurant whose manager is a woman. This challenge increased my desire to go even more.☺️

Level 8

You are so nice dear @Ivi_Ge thanks for another challenge.superb.

shailendraOjha

You can see MY contribution Here Also.
www.youtube.com/@GoogleGuide_shailen13
Level 10

It's really a great challenge to empower our women strength @Ivi_Ge 

In our belief of Hinduism, Shakti (women form of supreme God), the divine feminine energy, embodies power and creation. Many goddesses are revered, reflecting respect for women's strength. However, societal norms can restrict women's freedoms. Despite this, education for girls is valued and women are making strides towards empowerment. @Jesi 

We must really support the women-empowerment and your idea of such challenge is really great to dedicate something for our real life heroes. I would definitely try to be part of the this chalenge

Connect Moderator

Thank you for the opportunity to support women-owned businesses @Ivi_Ge 

I remember recently using a women-led business, last week and think it is the right time to post a review on Google Maps as part of this challenge.

Level 9

Hi @Ivi_Ge

Thank you for sharing this exciting initiative!  Celebrating International Women's Day and supporting women-owned businesses is crucial to women's economic and social empowerment.  Count me in for the challenge I'll be submitting my review soon. 

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.